2021 A-10C DEMO TEAM

gabuzomeu

Hi, 

I am preparing the  recently displayed 2021 A-10C demo team livery (WiP image attached)

However I am missing some info, specially on the camo seen from the top (wings, engines) .

If anyone finds some, please pm me.
Thanks

Screen_210228_200802.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Yep, thank you, 

plus there is  a short video on the demoo team site.

This skin is based on the f-105 camo but given the difference in aircraft, difficult to guess details....

Well, patiencr will pay and we'll find more.

Details:

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Hi Ryan

You're obviously the right person!

First congratulations for the superb creation!

You will see where I stand based on the photos I found, and the original Thud camo.

Wings are best guess, and even more difficult, the engines , and fuselage (top and below at the level of engines) as  it is hidden from view most of the time

So, yes, any advice or doc you could share will be more than welcome!

Many thanks in advance, 

Best regards

Olivier

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

Details:

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Hi @gabuzomeu

Thank you I'm glad you like it, you have done a superb job in painting it for DCS and I look forward to its release to be able to fly the jet I designed the paint scheme for. 

I'm not sure if it would be possible but the inside of the nose wheel door is decorated as well, which I can help a little with. Here is the three view art piece I created for the team, so you can see the colours and pattern.

Ignore the tail number as it was changed, so the jet you have #962 is the correct number.

Kind Regards 

Ryan

Demo-Team-layout.jpg

Edited by Ryan Dorling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello, 

Ryan, many thanks, this helps immensely! 
I can give a try for the nose wheel door inside, if you have any indication, 

Overall I should have a revised version today to share.

A remaining unknown is the black rectangular inscription below the left front canopy.

Details:

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Hi @gabuzomeu

Here is the markings that are on the inside of the gear door. The Arizona state has names of the guys that sprayed the jet and a badge in, but as they are current serving members of the military I won't be able to give those names, but this is what is written on the door.

Kind Regards 

Ryan

Gear-Door-Decals.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gabuzomeu said:

Hello, 

Ryan, many thanks, this helps immensely! 
I can give a try for the nose wheel door inside, if you have any indication, 

Overall I should have a revised version today to share.

A remaining unknown is the black rectangular inscription below the left front canopy.

it looks like you got it, but that "black box" will have the Pilots name, Dedicated Crew Chief (DCC) name and (i think) Assistant DCC (ADCC) name.

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

Hi Ryan,

I was gathering photos to take a crack at this bird as well. My goal is to make it as realistic as possible. Would you happen to have any clear photos of the badges and the names list that adorn this magnificent scheme? I have a picture of 98% of the names, but there are two gentlemen talking in front of it in the photo and their hats block out some of the names. The second I saw this bird I knew I was going to paint it.

Edited by Bananimal
Typo

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

You can read the list on the video of the veteran which is on the site of the demo team.

You should also be able to read it on my skin version which will be available (awaiting dcs site validation)

Have fun with making the skin, it's a beauty 

Details:

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

2 hours ago, Bananimal said:

Hi Ryan,

I was gathering photos to take a crack at this bird as well. My goal is to make it as realistic as possible. Would you happen to have any clear photos of the badges and the names list that adorn this magnificent scheme? I have a picture of 98% of the names, but there are two gentlemen talking in front of it in the photo and their hats block out some of the names. The second I saw this bird I knew I was going to paint it.

Hi @Bananimal

I have not received the names yet, @gabuzomeu has made a good point above that there is a video of an old F-105 pilot talking about the scheme and you maybe able to read them from there. I look forward to seeing the finished paint scheme. 

Kind Regards 

Ryan

Hi here is the list and badges I used.

There might be typos in the list unfortunately.

357th_Fighter_Squadron.jpg

FW-55.jpg

FS-354-1042.jpg

image.png

Edited by gabuzomeu
  • Like 1

Details:

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

On 3/12/2021 at 5:35 AM, Handbag said:

Definitely keen to download this one, planning to build a plastic kit in these markings too. Beautiful work on the 1/1 scheme Ryan!

Thank you @Handbag much appreciated. I would love to see your plastic model once it is complete, I'm currently building the 1/48th Hobbyboss A-10 and will be marking it up as this jet also.

@gabuzomeu Did a superb job on the scheme for DCS.

Kind Regards 

Ryan

• Thanks 1