Forrestal Update?

59 minutes ago, Airhunter said:

Speaking of, since the Forrestal has 5 wires will appropriate voice lines be added to Jester? 

As I recall, that's where the barricade is, so only 4 max are operational at any given time...at best!

• Like 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

11 hours ago, Snappy said:

I like your optimism:)

Enjoying DCS is a fine balance between hoping in one hand, and well... You know the rest. 

• Like 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 9/10/2021 at 9:38 AM, LanceCriminal86 said:

Now I'm curious to look back and see what all operated off the Essex and Midway decks.

Per a poster on the USS Midway Museum, here's a list of the aircraft of the Midway from 1945-1991: 

Curtiss SB2C Helldiver

Vought F4U Corsair

Grumman F6F-5N Hellcat

General Motors TBM-3W Avenger

Douglas AD-1 Skyraider

Sikorsky H03S Dragonfly

Martin AM-1 Mauler

McDonnel Douglas FH-1 Phantom

Grumman F8F Bearcat

Grumman F9F-5 Panther 

McDonnell F2H Banshee

Piasecki Hup Retriever

North American AJ-1 Savage

Douglas  F3D Skynight 

Grumman F9F-6 Cougar

Douglas A3D Skywarrior

North American FJ-4 Fury

McDonnell Douglas F3 Demon

Grumman E-1 Tracer

Vought F-8 Crusader

Douglas A-1 Skyraider

Kaman UH-2 Seasprite

Douglas A-4 Skyhawk

McDonnel Douglas F-4 Phantom II

Grumman A-6 Intruder

Grumman E-2 Hawkeye

Sikorsky Sh-3 Seaking

Vought A-7 Corsair II 

Douglas EKA-3B Skywarrior

Grumman EA-6B Prowler

McDonnel Douglas  F/A-18 Hornet 

Although an A-5 is currently on her museum deck, I can't find any evidence they operated from her.   Same for F-14, they were never assigned to her (even though a 2-ship did land and takeoff from her one time).   I highly suggest a visit to the Midway Museum, such an amazing piece of history.      

MidwayAircraft.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Heimz said:

Per a poster on the USS Midway Museum, here's a list of the aircraft of the Midway from 1945-1991: 

Curtiss SB2C Helldiver

Vought F4U Corsair

Grumman F6F-5N Hellcat

General Motors TBM-3W Avenger

Douglas AD-1 Skyraider

Sikorsky H03S Dragonfly

Martin AM-1 Mauler

McDonnel Douglas FH-1 Phantom

Grumman F8F Bearcat

Grumman F9F-5 Panther 

McDonnell F2H Banshee

Piasecki Hup Retriever

North American AJ-1 Savage

Douglas  F3D Skynight 

Grumman F9F-6 Cougar

Douglas A3D Skywarrior

North American FJ-4 Fury

McDonnell Douglas F3 Demon

Grumman E-1 Tracer

Vought F-8 Crusader

Douglas A-1 Skyraider

Kaman UH-2 Seasprite

Douglas A-4 Skyhawk

McDonnel Douglas F-4 Phantom II

Grumman A-6 Intruder

Grumman E-2 Hawkeye

Sikorsky Sh-3 Seaking

Vought A-7 Corsair II 

Douglas EKA-3B Skywarrior

Grumman EA-6B Prowler

McDonnel Douglas  F/A-18 Hornet 

Although an A-5 is currently on her museum deck, I can't find any evidence they operated from her.   Same for F-14, they were never assigned to her (even though a 2-ship did land and takeoff from her one time).   I highly suggest a visit to the Midway Museum, such an amazing piece of history.      

MidwayAircraft.jpg

I assume those F18A's not C's

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 9/10/2021 at 5:38 PM, LanceCriminal86 said:

Ah, almost forgot about the Savage. I know it and the Tracker were bigger but I guess I'm not thinking of them on the same scale as the A-3 or the A-5.

Now I'm curious to look back and see what all operated off the Essex and Midway decks.

Forrestal class info here:

I go to added Essex Carriers WW2 and Modern including the Midway.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Wasn't the game update in 14th? Now it says 20th

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

4 hours ago, ebabil said:

Wasn't the game update in 14th? Now it says 20th

I've nowhere seen ED mentioning a 14th NovOct update? :huh:

The 14th is a Thursday anyways, which would be pretty unusual for a patch day. It might be the deadline for 3rd parties to inclue their fixes for the update, so that internal beta testing can proceed.

Edited by QuiGon
Corrected month
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

I've nowhere seen ED mentioning a 14th Nov update? :huh:

The 14th is a Thursday anyways, which would be pretty unusual for a patch day. It might be the deadline for 3rd parties to inclue their fixes for the update, so that internal beta testing can proceed.

I didin't say Nov, 14th of this month

image.png

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

4 hours ago, ebabil said:

I didin't say Nov, 14th of this month

image.png

Sorry, my bad. I actually meant October. :doh:

ED has never announced an update for October 14th, which is a Thursday as I pointed out above.

Heatblur is not in charge of DCS updates. Maybe that was their deadline to submit their fixes or idk how they came up with that date.

Update dates are up to ED though, not HB.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes I know 3rd parties are not incharge but cobra said that ED asked them to push it to 14th. And also he said that update is already ready for 28th Sep release.

That's why I mentioned that, it is little bit frustrating to get an update almost one month later after it is ready.

• Like 1

Youtube

• ED Team
21 minutes ago, Airhunter said:

It has now indeed moved back to the 20th. Let's hope this at least means ED doesn't leave any HB files out of the patch like they tend to do. Still no clue as to who or even why at ED "asked" them to move it to the 14th.

Unbenannt.PNG

Cobra makes it very clear, we at Eagle Dynamics set the release schedule, it is not about one module, we have the whole sim to consider when preparing patches. For the future please keep an eye on the patch status post, when we have a planned patch date I will always update it. 

thanks

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

At least it wasn't two weeks.  Ha ha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

On 10/7/2021 at 5:48 PM, Airhunter said:

Speaking of, since the Forrestal has 5 wires will appropriate voice lines be added to Jester? 

Only 4 at a time are in operation. So while being able to setup 5, you will still have the same 4-wire principle as on all other carriers.

As for - will it be in this patch? Yes, as promised. It looks great, and I sure hope ya'll will like it. And there is more, a lot more. In that sense, our apologies for the extra wait, but it is worth it. 🙂

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

52 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Only 4 at a time are in operation. So while being able to setup 5, you will still have the same 4-wire principle as on all other carriers.

As for - will it be in this patch? Yes, as promised. It looks great, and I sure hope ya'll will like it. And there is more, a lot more. In that sense, our apologies for the extra wait, but it is worth it. 🙂

Gotcha! Can't wait. I am only asking because I saw a 5 wire setup on the renders/previews you guys showed so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

Are you guys planning to discuss any of the new features prior to the update, or is it supposed to be a surprise?

11 hours ago, IronMike said:

And there is more, a lot more.

Happy Hailee Steinfeld GIF by Pitch Perfect

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset