24 members have voted

1. 1. Not in any specific order

• A-10A
    • F-15C
    • Mig-29A/G/S
    • Su-27/J-11
    • Su-33

Hi!

I am a new player and I am wondering what module I should get. Because It is cheap, I will only be getting one of the FC3 aircraft (A10A, F15, Su27/J11, Su33 and Mig29). I have created a poll as to which aircraft I should buy and could I ask you why you chose that option in the discussion below.

Thanks!

It really depends on what your primary interest is. If A2G, then I guess it has to be the A-10A from the list you submitted. I would, however, urge you to consider also either the Su-25 (or the Su-25T if you're into SEAD). Either would give you the Russian perspective on A2G combat for a taste of something a bit different.

In the A2A realm, I would take the Su-27 (Su-33 if you're into carrier operations such that they are with FC3 aircraft). Again, either provides you with the Russian perspective while also providing you with the best situational awareness of the listed Russian aircraft.

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Just like Ironhand said above...

Also, for Flaming Cliffs 3 Planes you can't go wrong - Pick what you like - Russian vs NATO.   If you like ground attack, stick with A10. For Russian planes the MiG29 has what appears to me as the nicest looking cockpit. 

Have you considered the following free full Fidelity Mods with  clickable cockpits?

• A-4E-C Community MOD:  there is even a Beta 2.0.0 beta 2 with EFM and greatly improved in development
  • MB-339PAN:  This MOD is no longer supported because it is being updated to an Official DCS Module that will be available in the DCS Store when completed. -BUT it is still a fun plane to learn how to fly in and has guns, rockets and bombs too. 

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

yea i am not gonna get the su25 cause its pretty much just a frogfoot...

Yes YSIAD. I can't buy the high fidelity ones as they are way to expensive. My budget is under $25AUD. The high fidelity aircraft are about $129 AUD. FC3 is $80.

I have also tried out the a4e and Mb339 but in my opinion, they are useless as they don't work in Multiplayer for me.

Edited by BlackbirdGoNyoom
  • Like 1

F-15C, because that's how I started (in LOMAC first, then in DCS) and imho it's the easiest to start with and you said you're new player.

If you have no preferences ask yourself a couple of questions like: Do I like to be fast fighter pilot or rather slower striker? Do I care about naval/carrier ops? Do I want to play NATO or Redfor?

btw: the mods can be used in MP but the server has to have it installed (same version) - it's very rare afaik. You can also make your own server.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hey Desert,

Just wondering, are you aussie, cause when you said "a regional thing maybe?", i guess that implies that you also live in australia. it for me says it is 80 in the steam shop but in the standalone version (which i just installed), says it is 50 USD (i sorta get what u mean now). The FC3 modules for me are 15 USD or 19AUD

What I'd recommend depends entirely on what sort of thing you enjoy doing. If you prefer air to air then either the Su-27, MiG-29 variants or the F-15C would all be good options. If you prefer air to ground then the Su-25 or A-10A would both be good choices.

The closest you'll get to multi-role in this list is probably the Su-33. While it can't use A2G PGMs it has a wide variety of available ordnance, also does well in A2A and is also carrier capable so that will also give you a taste of carrier ops.

All that being said, neither the Su-27 nor the -33 is particularly user friendly. Both have features that when used in the right circumstances will give you an edge but that can easily end your day very early if used incorrectly. Both also require trimming. Finally, if you're used to NATO-style avionics then there will be an extra hurdle to cross.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I bought the complete FC3 pack because I wasn't sure what I was going to fly, but I was imagining the Su-27 and the F-15C. About a year later, I'm flying mostly the MiG-29 and occasionally the Su-25. So my advice is to wait for the 50% discount and get the entire pack.

• Like 1