BUG REPORT: Inactive SAM's showing in the Situational Awareness Page even while not active yet ("later activation"

davigt

Hey guys,

First sorry for posting this twice, the first one I posted in the Question and Discussion to find out if this is a bug or intended behavior. Since I got some aswers and I believe this is a bug now, Im posting this here in the Bug section.

I made a mission in the DCS ME and created some F10 radio triggers to spawn some SAM sites in a especific place to train some missile avoidance, and what I noticed is that my F16 and F18 Situational Awareness Page shows up the SAM sites even if they were not activated yet, using the "Later Activation" option checked in the ME.

This creates a lot of confusion because the SA display shows the SAM sites but there is nothing really in the mission yet.

Anybody also noticed this?

I PLAY THE OPEN BETA VERSION OF THE GAME

To replicate this bug, you need to do this:

1 - Create e mission in the ME and position some SAM sites like SA-6, SA-8, etc and check "later activation".

2- Go fly with F18 or F16

3 - Turn on SA on the display

4 - you will see the sam sites display in the SA page but no SAM are currently active or shows in you mission.

I hope to see this fixed soon.

Thanks DCS comunity.

Hidden or not existing (being destroyed) are the only values that impact whether the objects show up on SA page when a given aircraft spawns. Late activated groups still exist even before they are spawned.  This is not a bug. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 1 month later...

How is this not a bug? What if the SAM site was being transported and was setup 20 mins into your mission time?

Or is it a case of the SA page IRL only gets threat rings from ones you know were there BEFORE your mission starts - say due to intel sweeps from drones/satellites etc?

threat rings we have are as if manually configured on the ground before take off. it can be anything, anywhere, doesnt have to correspond to real placements of units.

irl there are datalink functionalities to add and remove the rings inflight but we dont have that, so its only the first kind.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580