The opening speed of the cowl flaps is too low

Slumzur

It is very unclear thing to me, cowl flaps are operated by hydraulic actuators, so they should not move when plane's engine is off.

There was an issue with flaps being too weak to open at speed and speed of flaps opening and closing was very slow, ED did fixed this problem, maybe this is similar issue as well ?

Another thing, in flight you will have them open fully or closed completely most of the time, 9 seconds feels long. But i could not find any info in p-47 manuals how fast cowl flaps were opening/closing.

Another thing if anyone noticed, i also think that landing gear retracting speed looks way slower then on live p-47 records.

So far i saw at least 3 ways of landing gear retractions, one gear at a time, both gear at the same time and both gear with slight delay between them.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.