Reverb G2 -WMR/Steam VR without Controllers?

Strider21

Has anyone had any luck utilizing the G2 with WMR and Steam VR without needing to use the controller?

I find I always need to power up the controller to do things like disable Steam VR overlay and hit windows key on the controller to refocus DCS and reenable the mouse. During the sessions the controller will disable and this occasionally problems with the windows tab focus. I will sometimes randomly get an "Out of Focus" text, then lose all control in DCS, then scramble to find the controller reactive it, hit the windows key twice to regain focus, which usually happens at inconvenient times.

Anyway, looking for any experience using WMR and Steam VR without controllers or preventing the Out of Focus tab/lose of Mouse control. 

Appreciate the help

I don't use VR controllers with my G2 and DCS.

The SteamVR home is disabled.

The overlay/dashboard is disabled in the SteamVR settings "turn dashboard on off by system button" (translated)

I recenter the VR view via a binding in the GUI keybind settings of DCS

Losing the mouse focus is reduced by a DCS VR setting that keeps the mouse bound inside the active window.

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Thanks 1

Tom, 

Thanks for the help. Do have any tips for when the DCS does go out of focus. I have the DCS VR setting that keeps the mouse inside active window and I still get out focus about once every hour. 

A couple other times it looses focus is when I join a multiplayer server and the SRS auto-connect pops up I then need to tab into the desktop select yes and then tab back. 

I read in another thread that you should make sure that no other windows are behind the DCS VR window. I.e. the DCS window does not overlap parts of other windows. I do that and had 1 loss of focus in 1 week.

And I disabled the auto setting of the mouse focus in Windows Mixed Reality settings (this win +Y key thing)

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ignition22 said:

There's a key combo to fullscreen DCS. Do that and then you will never lose focus

Which is?

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:38 AM, Tom Kazansky said:

I read in another thread that you should make sure that no other windows are behind the DCS VR window. I.e. the DCS window does not overlap parts of other windows. I do that and had 1 loss of focus in 1 week.

And I disabled the auto setting of the mouse focus in Windows Mixed Reality settings (this win +Y key thing)

After a week of trying your advice. I have had really good luck running the G2 without controllers. Basically I don't go into the WMR or Steam VR portal at all and haven't had constant out of focus. Not having having the controllers disconnect has reduced distractions and hiccups. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strider21 said:

After a week of trying your advice. I have had really good luck running the G2 without controllers. Basically I don't go into the WMR or Steam VR portal at all and haven't had constant out of focus. Not having having the controllers disconnect has reduced distractions and hiccups. 

Glad to hear that it works for you too.

Alt+Tab to another open window

windows key +Y and move and check mouse movement

alt+tab to DCS 

that’s the only way know so far. Kinda new to vr.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020