How to get into the texture files to create more weathering/wear of the carrier deck.

nicka117

Hey guys, I found it's simple to go into the nimitz texture files and change the shade of the deck_base.dds color, but I can't figure out how to open a file to add more tire marks and other weathering effects to specific parts of the deck. I thought the deck_LOD_3_base.dds might be the one but that doesn't work. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Have you tried the Textures folder? Plenty of .dds files in there.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

My apologies for not reading the entire post. Which tools are you using to open the .dds file? Do you have photoshop? Also, I don't recall ED ever releasing a template for the SC which has the .psd files with all the layers. Here are other template files.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/texture_templates/

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

I'm just using paint.net. I can open up the dds files and, even though not the best way, I just made changes over the top of the file and resaved. It saved fine, but doesn't show up in game, so I'm obviously missing something.

I do wish there was a template with the layers so i could take a look.

I guess I should put a template request in the wish list section.

Maybe loading the CVN in the ModelViewer can help you i.d. the texture you need to modify.

Can you please share the results? i´d love to have more liveries for the deck of the Supercarrier module.

I have a dark one besides the default one.

Thank you,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.