Necksafer

skunk160

At least you got it doing something.  I got it to work fine in the "other" sim.  Nothing in DCS.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

34 minutes ago, vladimusmaximus said:

I don't get it, every time I try this app it instantly throws me outside of the airplane looking back from ontop of the canopy.

I get that every now and then, only on the first attempt at looking back. Then I hit the button I use for recenter VR view (under DCS UI setting) and it's back to normal with no repeat unless I restart the sim.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

58 minutes ago, vladimusmaximus said:

I don't get it, every time I try this app it instantly throws me outside of the airplane looking back from ontop of the canopy.

Try a earlier version.  I dont remembr which one I run, but I run an older version and cant get the newer ones to work.  Not sure why tbqh, but I gave up trying after I found one that works. 

MSI X790 Carbon Wifi, 13900K, MSI 4090 Suprim X, 64gb DDR5 6400CL30, HP Reverb G2, VKB NXT Evo, VKB STECS Max, Thrustmaster rudder pedals

Honestly I had to go back a bit.  I'm not saying it will work because its just weird how it interfaces, but I definitely tried a lot of them before I found one that worked.  I think I'm on like 2.05 now but I have no way of checking.

MSI X790 Carbon Wifi, 13900K, MSI 4090 Suprim X, 64gb DDR5 6400CL30, HP Reverb G2, VKB NXT Evo, VKB STECS Max, Thrustmaster rudder pedals

On 12/4/2021 at 7:38 PM, impalor said:

@NobiWanHello. v208. Why wouldn't it connect? Started happening after I changed motherboard. Everything else works normal.

image.png

Strange. Are you running steamVR as admin? Then you might need to run VRNS as admin too...

Also, if you changed your MB the joysticks will have a different id. Better delete the VRNeckSafer.cfg file and configure it again.

Other than that you could try a different starting order...

VR is still a mess and full of hurdles. I noticed on my system that sometimes it depends on how quick the apps that depend on each other are starting.

Edited by NobiWan

5 hours ago, NobiWan said:

Strange. Are you running steamVR as admin? Then you might need to run VRNS as admin too...

Also, if you changed your MB the joysticks will have a different id. Better delete the VRNeckSafer.cfg file and configure it again.

Other than that you could try a different starting order...

VR is still a mess and full of hurdles. I noticed on my system that sometimes it depends on how quick the apps that depend on each other are starting.

Yes, both as admin. Joystick IDs are the same, but I downloaded new v208 and v02exp and ran from there (default .cfg), but same result. Uninstalling and reinstalling SteamVR and WMR for SteamVR did not help. I plan to do a clean Windows install, hope that will do it!

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• 4 months later...

Hi Gents,

used VRNecksafe with no problem in IL-2, but in DCS if I look back in any direction in the Bf-109, when I return to forward view, it looks like I would be standing upright in my seat, or even higher POV, looking forward.

Anyone else experienced this, and how to solve it?

Thanks

16 hours ago, Razor18 said:

Hi Gents,

used VRNecksafe with no problem in IL-2, but in DCS if I look back in any direction in the Bf-109, when I return to forward view, it looks like I would be standing upright in my seat, or even higher POV, looking forward.

Anyone else experienced this, and how to solve it?

Thanks

Usually happens to me first time in a flight, but I center VR and I can switch between necksafer view and forward view without recentering again.

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2021 at 5:03 PM, LithiumR said:

Just tried this out... it’s pretty badass. I just set it to auto with only one step. At 120° my view snaps 35° further aft and returns to normal at 50°. I have one button to hold that snap if I need to. I think this was implemented the best possible way it could be in VR. Not jarring or motion sickness inducing in any way for me. 

Only tried it for a short 5 minute mission where I have an ace spitfire on the tail of my BF-109. With cockpit limitations coming (I’m guessing) this will be handy. Not that I mind the 1:1 but I’m old and have to twist my whole body to check six. To do this I have to lean a bit which often puts me slightly outside the canopy in warbirds. With this app I set my view to snap back at the limit of my neck rotation where normally I have to start twisting/ leaning to get any further. Works awesome!!

Can you take a screenshot of your settings ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 2:10 PM, Hartsblade said:

Maybe I'm just a stick in the mud, but isn't part of the VR experience feeling like you are in the cockpit? For me having to twist around to see behing you is part of the whole "immersion" thing.

some of us have had neck surgeries or are disabled and cannot turn all the way back without pain. using something like necksafer gives us a better sense of reality and to wit we want to be able to use VR without pain.

• Like 1

I am having major issues with this software. I am using the Valve index with Steam VR running first and then necksafer and DCS. I have used the standard values as well as custom values withing the app but when in DCS  open beta stand alone (after re-centering), if i turn my head, i still have to do a 180 in my chair to see behind me. the app is not actuating but instead just gives strobe like flashes as I turn ( not the snap that is caused in the software). I have checked my base stations and they are perfectly aligned and at the proper height so it is not that. I am running a AMD 5600x, NVidea 3090 Super, 65 GB ram on a 2TB M2 SSD so it is not the system.  I am at my wits end. I would really like to enjoy VR better but without something like necksafer it is difficult for me with 8 fused neck vertebrae.  

4 hours ago, Sharknado said:

I am having major issues with this software. I am using the Valve index with Steam VR running first and then necksafer and DCS. I have used the standard values as well as custom values withing the app but when in DCS  open beta stand alone (after re-centering), if i turn my head, i still have to do a 180 in my chair to see behind me. the app is not actuating but instead just gives strobe like flashes as I turn ( not the snap that is caused in the software). I have checked my base stations and they are perfectly aligned and at the proper height so it is not that. I am running a AMD 5600x, NVidea 3090 Super, 65 GB ram on a 2TB M2 SSD so it is not the system.  I am at my wits end. I would really like to enjoy VR better but without something like necksafer it is difficult for me with 8 fused neck vertebrae.  

Index is as far as I know not supported due to incompatibility

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the XRNeckSafer Discord.. https://discord.gg/9T27J6jF

Edited by =LD=Icer

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

On 5/16/2022 at 4:51 PM, Razor18 said:

You mean this?

image.png

Or you want to see some of my options set?

I am using XRNecksafer, but what I would like to see is a Readme that explains what all the options do, maybe you can fill in my "blanks" as I see you are using "Translation" for one.. 

Below is what I would like to see as part of the Readme when finished:

1. Set Reset Button - set this to the same as you use for "Default VR View" in IL-2

2. Manual rotation - After hitting "Set Button" for "L:", hit "Scan" in the pop up window, then hit the key/hat/switch you want to use. Repeat for "R:"

3. "Rotation" Setting. Using the L\R (assigned) keys the view will snap to the assigned degree of view. If set to 90deg, hit L and you are looking 90 degrees Left, hit R you are looking 90 degrees right.

4. "Translation" in cm - No idea

5. Mode - Select Snap and it will go to the Rotation degree assigned above, Accum will move that many degrees each time the key is hit accumulatively. I.E. if Rotation was set to 20 it's going to 20 degrees 1st press, to 40 next press, 60 next, etc. etc.

Here is where it gets blurry (to me). Please fill in the blanks, expound on anything semi-correct, and correct mis-assumptions.

6. Autorotation (enabled) - My assumption is:

act - the degree of physical head turn that will actuate "autorotation"

de - the degree of head turn that will return to the previous setting? 

rot -  the amount in degrees your view will rotate?

L/R - no idea

Fwd - no idea..

Edited by =LD=Icer

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

7 minutes ago, J-1775 said:

Seems like something has happened to the link. Shouldn't it be an invitation link for Discord?

LOL!! Yes, it should be https://discord.gg/9T27J6jF

That happens when you are copying/pasting in a few areas at once... 

Can someone please help me repair the Necksafer for openxr?

i messend up and installed both the master file and the .zip (https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/xrnecksafer)  and now it will not work anymore:(  i used both unistallers with powershell, but only the api from the zip folder get uninstalled, those from the master seem to stay and i think they cause the necksafer not so work.

Can one help me please how to delete the "wrong" files out of the registry?😢

neck1.JPG

after running the unistall of both apis:

neck2.JPG

Darkstar: Merged

On 6/19/2022 at 11:23 AM, horstweihrauch said:

Can someone please help me repair the Necksafer for openxr?

i messend up and installed both the master file and the .zip (https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/xrnecksafer)  and now it will not work anymore:(  i used both unistallers with powershell, but only the api from the zip folder get uninstalled, those from the master seem to stay and i think they cause the necksafer not so work.

Can one help me please how to delete the "wrong" files out of the registry?😢

neck1.JPG

after running the unistall of both apis:

neck2.JPG

Looks good to me. The remaining layer you marked yellow is the OpenXR toolkit layer which has nothing to do with XRNS.

So your uninstall went fine and you can reinstall the XRNeckSafer API Layer. Just make sure you restart Mixed Reality Portal after installation and of course don't forget to hit the "reset" button after game launch.

If you still want to delete the registry entries have a look here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenXR\1\ApiLayers\Implicit

Oh, and alway use the zip file for installation! The master may contain experimental things that might  not work correctly at the moment...

Edited by NobiWan
  • Thanks 1