Necksafer

skunk160

9 minutes ago, NobiWan said:

Looks good to me. The remaining layer you marked yellow is the OpenXR toolkit layer which has nothing to do with XRNS.

So your uninstall went fine and you can reinstall the XRNeckSafer API Layer. Just make sure you restart Mixed Reality Portal after installation and of course don't forget to hit the "reset" button after game launch.

If you still want to delete the registry entries have a look here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenXR\1\ApiLayers\Implicit

Hey @NobiWan, is it in the realm of possibility to add an "Up" function to the R\L of XRNS? I can look ~45 degrees up without strain, would be great to be able to add 25-35 degrees to that! Just a thought, thank you, love this app!

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

41 minutes ago, =LD=Icer said:

Hey @NobiWan, is it in the realm of possibility to add an "Up" function to the R\L of XRNS? I can look ~45 degrees up without strain, would be great to be able to add 25-35 degrees to that! Just a thought, thank you, love this app!

Yes, it's on the todo list. It may take some time though...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NobiWan said:

Looks good to me. The remaining layer you marked yellow is the OpenXR toolkit layer which has nothing to do with XRNS.

So your uninstall went fine and you can reinstall the XRNeckSafer API Layer. Just make sure you restart Mixed Reality Portal after installation and of course don't forget to hit the "reset" button after game launch.

If you still want to delete the registry entries have a look here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenXR\1\ApiLayers\Implicit

Oh, and alway use the zip file for installation! The master may contain experimental things that might  not work correctly at the moment...

Thank you so much. I was about to reinstall all the WMR/OpenXR stuff already. Read it just in time:)

And thanks for the Necksafer software. It's a gem.

Darkstar: Merged

XRNeckSafer Beta 2 with Autorotation Smoothing is out!!  

• Thanks 1

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Should this field be clickable?

I can see the API loaded, but still no joy in DCS.

Screenshot 2022-06-21 175023.jpg

Screenshot 2022-06-21 175249.jpg

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

XRNecksafer Beta 2b is out, fixes some glitches... https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/xrnecksafer

7 hours ago, =LD=Icer said:

XRNecksafer Beta 2b is out, fixes some glitches... https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/xrnecksafer

Oops...I think it broke something.

broke.JPG

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

That's a question for XRNS\ #support in the Discord. Me, my autorotation doesn't seem to actuate but snap view works fine..

1 hour ago, =LD=Icer said:

That's a question for XRNS\ #support in the Discord. Me, my autorotation doesn't seem to actuate but snap view works fine..

I managed a rip and replace... still get nothing in DCS with the app running.

Used basically similar settings I had with the old NS, but still no help turning around.

Edit: Got it sorted. I DO like the new rotation smoothing effect. 

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sr. said:

Should this field be clickable?

I can see the API loaded, but still no joy in DCS.

Screenshot 2022-06-21 175023.jpg

Screenshot 2022-06-21 175249.jpg

NobiWan deactivated it because it's not working for everyone and it doesn't give more info than the OpenXR tools.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Core i9 12900KF | ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 64GB DDR5 5200MHz | 3 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | MSI MAG 322CQR 32´ | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Throttle | Thrusmaster T-Pendular Rudder | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 11

• 1 month later...

Still working for anyone? I haven't been able to get it to work again since a couple OpenComposite updates back.

--Arthur C Clark

been working fine for me, though I don't use it that much while in the Apache.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

10 hours ago, javelina1 said:

been working fine for me, though I don't use it that much while in the Apache.

Got mine working again, but I have to re-run the PS script between game sessions..

--Arthur C Clark

• 3 weeks later...

XRNeckSafer Beta3 is out. : XRNeckSafer

Changelog for beta3:

• pitch axis added
  • translation when rotated fixed
  • GUI optimization
  • options to disable GUI output and joystick auto reconnect to eliminate possible causes of stutter
  • list of OpenXR API layers reenabled

Cheers,

NobiWan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

thank you so much for improving the program .  Cannot have a DCS- fly without the piece of program now.

still use the stepwise method .  have tried the smooth method and found the viewing angle was not enough  .I may just require to spend some time to test different numbers.

Any chance of adding the possibility to simply use keyboard keys instead of just buttons on HOTAS? I still have some free cursor keys just right there, but no space left on various HOTAS mappings... would be awesome!

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I use VRNecksafer with my Rift S in IL-2 GB with no issues (start Steam VR - which starts Oculus, then start VRNS, then start IL-2 in VR, and VRNS works fine). However, when I try to use VRNS in DCS, I cannot get it to work.

Is there a trick to running non-Steam DCS Beta with Steam VR? 

Any help would be appreciated; I really like VRNS and want to see it work in DCS badly!

Cheers,

Vulture

Edit: Problem solved via Skatezilla's app. Works great now. And a comment for the "purists" who think it's cheating in VR: In a real cockpit, you can grab something and turn around to check six; some planes have handles on the canopy bow just for this (F-15s. for example, the E even has a huge grab handle across the top of the WSO panel!). Makes a huge difference (Source: BTDT IRL). Also, VR FOV limits. So if you have a full up simpit, sure, it's a bit of a cheat, but still nowhere near as bogus as a headtracker on a single screen - that's just plain wrong!

Vulture

Edited by Kirk66
Follow up

• 3 weeks later...

I started to use the XRNS Version and everything works fine. There are just two things that bug me

a) I'm unable to bind ENTER as reset (it is my center VR button in DCS)

b) did not find a way to turn XRNS on and off in flight. There are flight regimes (e.g. carrier ops with a bunch of planes in the pattern) where I don't deem the functionality helpful but rather bothering.

Especially b) would be a biggie for me. Any ways to achieve this?

17 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

I started to use the XRNS Version and everything works fine. There are just two things that bug me

a) I'm unable to bind ENTER as reset (it is my center VR button in DCS)

b) did not find a way to turn XRNS on and off in flight. There are flight regimes (e.g. carrier ops with a bunch of planes in the pattern) where I don't deem the functionality helpful but rather bothering.

Especially b) would be a biggie for me. Any ways to achieve this?

For b) you can use the "hold" button. Check "toggle" to give it an on/off functionality.

Btw, beta4 was just released. 🙂

6 hours ago, NobiWan said:

For b) you can use the "hold" button. Check "toggle" to give it an on/off functionality.

Btw, beta4 was just released. 🙂

Darn, that was easy 🤣, thank you. I just bound the hold to my ghetto cat left panel SAS Roll, so necksaver turns on in the dogfight and remains off in normal flight regimes....love it, thank you

"And a comment for the "purists" who think it's cheating in VR:"

The entire argument makes no sense.  Not even sure why it's worth a comment...

The 2D folks get snap views...  Everyone who uses TiR runs curves...

I think someone was trolling you and poked you in a soft spot maybe?  Don't worry about it :)...

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

4 hours ago, M1Combat said:

"And a comment for the "purists" who think it's cheating in VR:"

The entire argument makes no sense.  Not even sure why it's worth a comment...

The 2D folks get snap views...  Everyone who uses TiR runs curves...

I think someone was trolling you and poked you in a soft spot maybe?  Don't worry about it :)...

^^^ THIS!  👍

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control