200 Gall Belly jettison tank

PETER SHIFTY

• 5 months later...
On 3/9/2021 at 10:09 AM, felixx75 said:

Do we really need it? Our maps are relatively small. I never ran into any fuel problems with the existing options, but I don't fly full throttle all day long 😉

Yes, i dont fly full throttle,  but i prefer belly tank. For better trimming balancing, on long flights on Normandy map i could just use a bigger belly than 110galls.

Edited by PETER SHIFTY

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 3:09 AM, felixx75 said:

Do we really need it? Our maps are relatively small. I never ran into any fuel problems with the existing options, but I don't fly full throttle all day long 😉

A 200 gallon belly tank almost carries the same amount as two 110 gallon wing tanks.

That means you can fly without pylons and tanks on the wings (less drag).

It also means you don’t have to continually swap between the two wing tanks to keep them balanced.

It also frees up the wings if you decide to haul a pair of bombs (if you can manage the weight).

Personally, I’d fly with minimal internal fuel (just enough to dogfight and get home), no wing ordinance or pylons, and a 200 gallon belly tank.  I could cruise the full map on my belly tank and as soon as I find bandits I’d drop my tank.  I’d be jumping into the fight with the lightest, cleanest Jug you could possibly have.  Shoot the bandits down and get home for a refuel!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...