Creating custom CAT selection, taxi routes, spawn & parking locations.

norman99

Regarding the spawn locations, since 2.7 we have the ability to start any player/client aircraft from the ground, what I found is that so long as you have a section of whatever carrier/ship overhanging the land, you can place a player/client aircraft anywhere on that section, and it will spawn as you'd expect it to - exactly like a linked static object.

Unfortunately though, there is a restriction in the ME that can't be turned off that stops you from placing aircraft (and non-amphibious ground units) over water, and the ME isn't intelligent enough to realise they'll spawn on a structure above the water. Presumably if this restriction gets disabled, you'll be able to spawn aircraft wherever you please, and it'll be solely up to mission editors to place units in sensible places.

This doesn't apply for AI aircraft though, which have to follow routes and can only follow routes from parking spots, and unfortunately the ME doesn't tell you where the AI will spawn.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Hi, 

From the moment you define a taxi route from a parking point to the takeoff point, you can add as many planes as you want to start from the parking point (only the space limits the number).

On the other hand, when starting from the runway I can't manage to exceed 4 planes. 

Has anyone succeeded ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 10:48 AM, Reccelow said:

Outstanding efforts.  I've been dabbling into this too, managed to add the deck crew to the standard carrier (my SC on the Syria map just kills the frames...).  There was enough coordinate / mapping mismatch I couldn't make sense of the underlying systems.  Like turning on the lights. Thanks!

Screen_210306_145051.png

Just because I know you are seeking a realistic presentation...you will want to flip your SH-60s around so they have their noses pointed toward the island. They are parked this way because their tow bars are attached to their tail wheel...nice work, looks great!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Discord:https://discord.gg/b8AgE5m

• 2 weeks later...

Its loaded client-side, meaning it controlls your spawning in MP, not the server-side .lua file. The server-side .lua controls any AI spawning otoh. So if you join a server where everybody else has the stock routes file, you will spawn according to your custom runways and routes file while everybody else will spawn as usual (had this happen to me once accidentially when I forgot to put the stock file back before joining our server and was surprised to spawn on the bow).

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD