Newbie....How to put it all together to fly missions

Hello folks, I decided I'm going to focus on learning the A10 Tank Killer II to proficiency.  I had many modules, I found myself jumping form

plane to plane, not really learning what I need too for a mission.   I have read a lot of the A10 manual, and chuck's guides. I have a decent working knowledge of operating the A10.

However, I don't exactly have a good knowledge or foundation of how to Deploy my A10.

By that I mean, a walk through type tutorial. I know Baltic Dragon continues to work on his, at least I think he is still working on it.

I have watched many vids re weapons and systems use and deployment.

Is there a tutorial or reference, that would take a newbie like me through a complete mission.  Also, that correlated with VA and VIAcom for the realism.

I am a realworld airline pilot, but all civilian. I understand how to fly set radios etc. This is new to me.  I'm essentially wanting a complete mission walk through. IE OK, here we contact "Darkstar" We select freq XXX from mission brief etc....OK..now what? What do I do with that information in my A10?

If using an AI wingman, how do I know what commands to give them. Formation, Attack etc.   So the tutorial would say something along the lines of...OK Darkstar gave us this info...so we need to set....and tell your wingman to go to this formation....we do this because....OK we are now at target, this is how we contact JTACS to get 9 line....OK we have a target...we need our wingman to do this while we attack....

I think you get the idea. If it is buried in the A10 manual somewhere...I'll keep looking.     If you know of a tutorial vid or written that gives a complete detailed mission walk through, can you guide me that direction.    All I seem to find are individuals weapon and systems stuff, or campaigns.

Thank. Any help ideas appreciated.

David

Intel® Core i9-9900X CPU @ 3.50GHz OC 4.5GHz,G.SkillDDR4-3200,X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming-CF,Samsung SSD 860 PRO 512GB,Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB,WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0,WDC WD3003FZEX-00Z4SA0,NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti(Watercooled AORUS 11GB),H100i Cooler.

NVIDIA Driver:430.64

OS:Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit (Build 17763)

Periphials: TM Warthog A10 HOTAS/Throttle,CH Rudder Pedals.

VR:Pimax 5K+,PiTools V1.0.1.129,HMD Firmware V2.1.255.212,

SteamVR V1.1.18

Hmm... several ways to do this. I think I'll just answer specific points I can.

STEP 1: READ THE MISSION BRIEFING

if you read nothing else from my reply, you will have an immensely better experience if you read the briefing provided by the mission creator. It answers your fundamental questions of "where do I go, and what do I do?" There is also a screen called "Mission Planner," open it and explore around. Get familiar with the sortie you will take.

3 hours ago, dwbarnett said:

I decided I'm going to focus on learning the A10 Tank Killer II to proficiency.

Excellent, good for you!

By that I mean, a walk through type tutorial.

The Jet fuel is free, so are the A-10s. Accept that you're going to get shot down a lot for a good while. Enjoy.

Is there a tutorial or reference, that would take a newbie like me through a complete mission.

The best source for this info is the Mission Briefing. Baltic Dragon can only tell you how to fly Baltic Dragon's missions, his missions are going to have briefings. If I build a mission for you I need to tell you how to complete it.

Also, that correlated with VA and VIAcom for the realism.

Don't know anything about that stuff sorry. I assume it's related to VR. I make notes on a piece of paper and pen. Sometimes I print off documents for really involved missions.

I am a realworld airline pilot, but all civilian.

So am I. Good, let me give you the TL;DR. 99% identical to the civilian world. The A-10C II is a regional jet until you get into the target area and take the safety off. Once you egress the battlefield it's an airliner back into the chocks. Routing and navigation is more VFR than IFR. Airways aren't really relevant unless you're in Nevada, and even those are visual. SAM and AAA occupy engagement envelopes that look suspiciously like terminal airspace. There's gonna be some terminations in there if you're not careful! You're not gonna like it...

I'm essentially wanting a complete mission walk through.

Read the briefing.

IE OK, here we contact "Darkstar" We select freq XXX from mission brief etc....OK..now what?

I don't know what. I can't read the briefing in your hypothetical scenario. I don't know who DARKSTAR is. I don't know where he is. I don't know how to use him to accomplish the hypothetical goal given in the hypothetical mission briefing. Is he JTAC? Is he AWACS? Is he ATC?

What do I do with that information in my A10?

What information is it? How does it relate to the mission briefing?

JTAC workflow is decribed on page 667. AWACS on page 674.

4 hours ago, dwbarnett said:

If using an AI wingman, how do I know what commands to give them. Formation, Attack etc. 

page 654+

So the tutorial would say something along the lines of...OK Darkstar gave us this info...so we need to set....and tell your wingman to go to this formation....we do this because....OK we are now at target,

I think you're thinking a lot of hypothetical situations that will be pretty self evident once you get into a couple missions. Other assets are resources you use for SA, ADM, TEM, and CRM. Your wingmen are your crew.

If it is buried in the A10 manual somewhere...I'll keep looking. 

Yeah just have a look at the entire "Communications" chapter. I'd also recommend you skim the "Flight Fundamentals" chapter. Yeah you're a RL pilot but you don't spend much time doing max performance turns to avoid threats. Just a skim.

If you know of a tutorial vid or written that gives a complete detailed mission walk through, can you guide me that direction.

A well made mission, with a well documented mission briefing is the way to go for now.

Thank. Any help ideas appreciated.

You're welcome. have fun.

Thank You. Much Appreciated

David

Intel® Core i9-9900X CPU @ 3.50GHz OC 4.5GHz,G.SkillDDR4-3200,X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming-CF,Samsung SSD 860 PRO 512GB,Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB,WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0,WDC WD3003FZEX-00Z4SA0,NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti(Watercooled AORUS 11GB),H100i Cooler.

NVIDIA Driver:430.64

OS:Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit (Build 17763)

Periphials: TM Warthog A10 HOTAS/Throttle,CH Rudder Pedals.

VR:Pimax 5K+,PiTools V1.0.1.129,HMD Firmware V2.1.255.212,

SteamVR V1.1.18