Authorisation problems

seandep

Hi all , my stable dcs has just updated and I get the authorisation problem and a big list of modules I can’t use even though I have paid for them all ? I’m getting a bit p****d off with it , every time it updates , I’ve deleted my mods folder in saved games and did the usual clean and repair and still it won’t start .Can anybody help again ? I’m away from my pc at the mo but when I’m back I’ll put my logs up ..thanks 

Maybe you installed more aircrafts on the recent free-to-try period. If so you have to uninstall them.

if that is not the case, then attach your DCS.log to take a look

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi ,I posted a support ticket and they have said a third party has corrupted my dcs? They assumed it was my antivirus but I have windows defender ,it’s all I have I’ve tried disabling it and running clean and repair but I still get the same .I’m losing the will to live 😩 will I have to get rid of everything and start again ? 

41 minutes ago, seandep said:

Hi ,I posted a support ticket and they have said a third party has corrupted my dcs? They assumed it was my antivirus but I have windows defender ,it’s all I have I’ve tried disabling it and running clean and repair but I still get the same .

hi, Windows Defender is a free antivirus that microsoft gives away as part of windows. You dont need to disable it, just configure it to not touch the DCS folders, it should look like this (sorry, my windows is in spanish):

Nu8MujR.jpg
configure these exclusions and then run a Dcs repair to fix whatever corrupt file you may have.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 hours ago, seandep said:

..was it the anti virus ? 

Probably ... you can check the AV History to confirm:

Yznplfr.jpg

I bought the F18 on feb.11 after flying free trial ,I deleted the free trial version and re installed by Skate zilla utility,still get the same no authorization and will be disabled message ,I've deleted it again from the module manager and reinstalled it to no avail ,I bought the Huey before this had no problem ,contacted ED tech got email to send him DCS.log but when I try I get BS error messages going on 1 month now paid and can't play ...this is really getting old ,thinking of contacting pay pay to refund my money as tech support doesn't seem interested in solving this.

IMG_1339.JPG

Here is the message I get

IMG_1500.JPG

1 hour ago, tailspin48 said:

I bought the F18 on feb.11 after flying free trial ,I deleted the free trial version and re installed by Skate zilla utility,still get the same no authorization and will be disabled message ,I've deleted it again from the module manager and reinstalled it to no avail ,I bought the Huey before this had no problem ,contacted ED tech got email to send him DCS.log but when I try I get BS error messages going on 1 month now paid and can't play ...this is really getting old ,thinking of contacting pay pay to refund my money as tech support doesn't seem interested in solving this.

Why delete the trial version? That was not needed at all, just the purchase of the license was enough.

and why use an external utility to reinstall, instead of using the built-in Module Manager?

Attach your most current dcs.log file to look for clues about your case.

1 hour ago, tailspin48 said:

it would be wise not to post any screenshots w/ accounts on it.

Verify you are signing into DCS World with the same Login that was used to Purchase DCS:F/A-18C.

Log into digitalcombatsimulator.com , Choose My Profile, then My Orders and Verify it's there as well.

The Free Weekend is a License only, the installed version is the same, merely a license is given to everyone for the time period of the free trial.

I

33 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Why delete the trial version? That was not needed at all, just the purchase of the license was enough.

and why use an external utility to reinstall, instead of using the built-in Module Manager?

Attach your most current dcs.log file to look for clues about your case.

A LOT of users use it.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I believe I said already ,Ive tried to send the DCS.log t5o tech and have gotten BS messages about why it cant be done lots of errors I am an old man 72 and not very computer Saavy im afraid, but it seems this is a DCS problem as it didn't happen with the Huey download and as you can see it is bought and paid for.

18 minutes ago, friendpicksd said:

same issue here. I expect more.

I expect at least a dcs.log file, to examine your specific issue.

This seems like a relevant thread to tack onto. Instead of authorising content I have I get a stream of failed authorisation window for stuff I haven't got! Will it finally get bored with asking me to enter serials for things I don't have?

I know, buy more stuff eh?  Item !. pictured. And so it goes on...and on...🙂

serial.JPG

Edited by Ron Attwood
Took a screenie

14 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

This seems like a relevant thread to tack onto. Instead of authorising content I have I get a stream of failed authorisation window for stuff I haven't got!

This happens because ED offers free-to-try periods .. so, on this period you accepted the download of a bunch of free-to try modules .. now, if you don't want to purchase any, you just have to go to the Module Manager and simply select and delete all the ones you dont want.

14 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I did? Well whaddya know. Did it ask me if I wanted them? If so I must have missed that bit.

Thanks for the quick service. 🙂

i agree that it is not the most intuitive way to offer a free-to try... it looked like this:

uhqclEQ.jpg

🙂

• Like 1

It must be. It appears on every free trial period for the modules you don't own. Maybe a bit to (mouse)trigger happy?

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• ED Team

Hi

If you continue to have issues please contact technical support here 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

The guide below will help you provide the data needed.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/support_ticket/

Thank you
The ED Team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2