How to control the High Pressure Fuel Valve? (Throttle On/Off)

Goblin

I’m trying to get two buttons on my throttle to control the High Pressure Fuel Valve.

I want to use one button to move the throttle from Off to Idle/start and another button to move the throttle to shut off.

but I just can’t figure out which controls to bind?

The module offers quite a few possibilites. The two first controls in this list seem to do exactly what you need.

image.png

On a sidenote, the "For HOTAS, Off if pressed" control is disabled. It must be a bug.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

6 hours ago, Flappie said:

The module offers quite a few possibilites. The two first controls in this list seem to do exactly what you need.

image.png

On a sidenote, the "For HOTAS, Off if pressed" control is disabled. It must be a bug.

From my reading of the OP I think it should be the last two bindings in the list.

Edited by Machalot

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

On 3/7/2021 at 12:30 PM, Flappie said:

The two first controls in this list seem to do exactly what you need

On 3/7/2021 at 7:20 PM, Machalot said:

From my reading of the OP I think it should be the last two bindings in the list.

I think I have tested all combinations of those commands and I just can’t get it to work... 

I have a HOTAS Warthog and I use the "High-Pressure Fuel Valve Off/Idle" bound to throttle off. The one you have to lift the throttle to closed position to activate.

That button is inverted. Press to Off and release to Idle.

Do you really need two buttons? If you only use one and choose On/Off (Toggle)? It was (throttle to idle) that was for one button, toggle was for a switch that stays in on or off position.
Then it is first press to Idle and second press to off.

So now I have tested all variants of High-pressure Fuel Valve

Off/Idle = For HOTAS throttle closed pos. Press = Off, Release = Idle

On/Off (toggle) = Stable switch that stays in on or off position. Switch on = Idle, Switch off = Off

(For HOTAS, Off is pressed) = Not bindable.

(HOTAS Cut off) = Works the same as Off/Idle

(throttle to idle) = First press = Idle, Second press = Off

Edited by illern
  • Like 1

Win10Prox64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Intel i7-9900K@5,1GHz, 32Gb DDR4 GSkill TridentZ@3900GHz, Gigabyte RTX 2080ti Xtreme 11Gb, Game on Samsung M2 960 Pro, TM WH HOTAS, TM TPR , HP Reverb Pro G1, TM MFD

Thanks, @illern!

I have tried binding the controls to buttons, to test the function. But what I really want is to do what you have done and use the throttle lever. I have a VPC CM3 Throttle, and while I have been able to set it up with buttons for moving the throttle axis to zero, I can’t get it to function as I want it to. I am able to control the same function in the Hornet, but not the Viggen. I will test some more, based on your findings.

Update.

I changed the setup on my VPC Throttle.

Earlier I had two buttons set up. One when the throttle reached 0% and another button when leaving 0%. I thought I could set this up as one button for shut off and the other as start, but I couldn’t get it to work.

Now the throttle generates a button press (on-off) when reaching 0% and that’s all I need now when I mapped that button to HOTAS cut off.

I have a CM3 as well, and all you need to do is bind your 0% button to Fuel Valve Off/Idle for it to work.  I have just the one 0% button on both throttles that work in every module.

If you haven't looked at my thread in the Virpil sub forum, have a look here 

Virpil CM3 throttle – setting up detents and comparison with CM2 - VIRPIL Controls - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

There might be something useful in there for you,

v1.jpg

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I saw that. It's just that I feel binding to off/idle in almost all modules is safer, but yes, in the Viggen, HOTAS cut off also works OK.

Glad you sorted it out.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 weeks later...

I was having trouble with this too.

With my CM3 I've set throttle cutoff and idle as separate logical buttons for the throttle position. But these Viggen controls don't seem to behave the same.

It seems as if the two controls for fuel (Hotas cutoff and throttle to idle) are toggles, Instead of positive ON or OFF. Which aren't clearly labeled in the controls or possible implemented incorrectly.

I believe I also settled on just using the off/idle only and it seems to serve the purpose fine.