Pilot can't control vehicles in MP

pacastro

Hi,

As the title states, in a MP mission I can't jump into and control ground vehicles while being a pilot of any type of aircraft, the only way is from a tactical commander/jtac slot.

In the mission I have "Pilot can control vehicles" ticked, the ground unit has "Player can drive" also ticked and "Game Master only" unticked.

Some versions ago, while piloting any type of aircraft you could go into f10 map, choose a ground unit and press the command unit button to jump into it and start controlling it, the aircraft would go AI and return to base (as long as the mission creator enabled the "pilot can control vehicles option). Now pressing the Command unit button does nothing if you are a pilot, it only works as tactical commander.

In SP it works ok and you can jump to ground units from airplanes.

Attached is a very simple test mission with 4 blue planes and 1 blue tank.

test.miz

Edited by pacastro
  • Like 1

• pacastro changed the title to Pilot can't control vehicles in MP
45 minutes ago, PoorOldSpike said:

I suppose MP rules are strict so that we can't do anything that might be unrealistic.

It's not that, the option for pilots to jump in vehicles has always been there, unless the server has turned it off. By the sounds of it, the OP has a MP mission with it turned on, but it isn't working.

It's controlled by the "pilot can control vehicles" checkbox under 'battlefield commanders' which looks like 2 symmetrical flags.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...