Lets Share Those HOTAS Profiles (Templates Included)

HemiGuy

On 9/9/2021 at 11:42 PM, ralch said:

Sure here there are the illustrations, however as I was saying, I stopped updating them long time ago when I discovered that whenever I forget something, instead of maintaining kneeboard pages, it was easier just to look in the UI of joystick gremlin to see my comments for each button

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApKL6m6iP2FvuBMtGQGO3FlhQQQ9?e=sV5CqG

and for the modifiers, Yes I use them extensibly in my Joystick Profiles in the form of Modes and that is how I switch between Combat, Landing and other modes.  For example, only in the Landing or Ground Modes, the buttons to autostart, autostop or landing gear up/down are functional.  Obviously I use the Mode Switch Virpil button for that and I am not using the Modifier functionality from Virpil itself.  That Virpil button with 5 modes are configured in Virpil as simple buttons so you do need that part of my VIrpil configuration so that they work well with my Joystick Gremlin Profiles.

I also experimented with the "Temporary Mode Switch" from Joystick Gremlin but I found it to be kind of buggy.  Some times it did not returned from that mode so I ended up avoiding it.

That’s what I was talking about. The temp mode. I did all my setup for the modes with the mode switch from the havoc videos.  That’s why I was so interested in how u mapped everything since u mentioned him and said u used the modes as well. Plus, the way u mapped the f-14, looked more like the type of layout I’m more used to so I wanted to see your 18 and 16 stuff. 
I couldn’t get the temp mode switch to work the way I wanted so I just used “remap” in jg to map the button and added my usual 2 modifier buttons in dcs. Most of my commands are thru keyboard commands tho. I used the keyboard map from baileys voice attack profile for the f-16 since it has so many more keyboard commands and mapped the buttons to this key commands. I haven’t mapped anything on the other modes yet.  
I can’t wait to see your layout. I’m back on the phone and can’t open zip files but I’ll be home later and can get started.  

On 9/9/2021 at 11:42 PM, ralch said:

Sure here there are the illustrations, however as I was saying, I stopped updating them long time ago when I discovered that whenever I forget something, instead of maintaining kneeboard pages, it was easier just to look in the UI of joystick gremlin to see my comments for each button

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApKL6m6iP2FvuBMtGQGO3FlhQQQ9?e=sV5CqG

and for the modifiers, Yes I use them extensibly in my Joystick Profiles in the form of Modes and that is how I switch between Combat, Landing and other modes.  For example, only in the Landing or Ground Modes, the buttons to autostart, autostop or landing gear up/down are functional.  Obviously I use the Mode Switch Virpil button for that and I am not using the Modifier functionality from Virpil itself.  That Virpil button with 5 modes are configured in Virpil as simple buttons so you do need that part of my VIrpil configuration so that they work well with my Joystick Gremlin Profiles.

I also experimented with the "Temporary Mode Switch" from Joystick Gremlin but I found it to be kind of buggy.  Some times it did not returned from that mode so I ended up avoiding it.

ohh so u were saying u dont have a version of the illustration for the mf-16 or f-18 like the one u did for the f-14 huh? 

ohh so u were saying u dont have a version of the illustration for the mf-16 or f-18 like the one u did for the f-14 huh? 

I still have similar illustrations for the F-16 and F-18 (made with Microsoft Publisher),  but back when I only had a Thrustmaster TWCS and a CH Fighterstick and Joystick Gremlin.   That was long time ago and I didn't update them for Virpil and Gunfighter, sorry about that

Here is the same link, I checked the previous link and for some reason wasn't working:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApKL6m6iP2FvuBMtGQGO3FlhQQQ9?e=BKpjSh

Edited by ralch

Hey all, thanks for sharing your profiles...

Some good news - Links in my original post have been updated. 

Updated templates including a Honeycomb yoke for you MSFS2020 guys are now available.  I also updated my Virpil and VKB profiles.  Not sure if these will work if uploaded using the Virpil or VKB software but this is what I am using.  You will need to use these if you are using my DCS profile LUA's that I have also shared.  A full copy of my Saved Games "Input" folder is also available. Some of these are very much generic but if I have a printable profiles layout, then the LUA file should match.  Please use the LUA's and NXT & VKB Hardware profiles at your own risk!  If your new to the Virpil or NXT Software, you could be quickly starting over if you don't have backups.

I have the links as a public share but I have received a few comments that people have been unable to access the google drive.  I will approve any google share requests if you need to request access in the event you run into issues.  I recommend going the the main archive folder and hitting the "Download All" button, this will grab the entire shared archive folder, lua files, templates etc.

Happy Holidays!!!

Edited by HemiGuy

• HemiGuy changed the title to Lets Share Those HOTAS Profiles (Templates Included)
  • 4 weeks later...

@HemiGuy Thank you for posting this. I was looking at your assignments for the T switches. Did you change these in the virpil software from normal to switch or toggle? For example, in normal mode, the T switches only send a button press in the up position. So how do you get landing gear to go up?

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

6 hours ago, skypickle said:

@HemiGuy Thank you for posting this. I was looking at your assignments for the T switches. Did you change these in the virpil software from normal to switch or toggle? For example, in normal mode, the T switches only send a button press in the up position. So how do you get landing gear to go up?

You need to define a logical button in VPC software for the down physical button, and bind that. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On 5/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, Lynchsl62 said:

Too many Virpil Controllers to manage across multiple modules - the CM3 Throttle, Control Panel 1 and Control Panel 2. I took the original posted CM3 Template and created CP1 and CP2 template to match - at least I hope I have. Trying to keep the same controller button for the Warbirds to aide in failing memory. 

In my own configuration I have set Encoders to Axis as well, useful on CP2 for analogue trim on warbirds and set the analogue axis to buttons on CP1 for the mixture control for the P51 and the Spitfire, but have not added these yet

IMG_0439.jpg

Virpil Control Panel 2 Template.pptx 132.21 kB · 118 downloads Virpil Control Panel 1 Template.pptx 128.32 kB · 114 downloads

I love the setup, but would it not be more useful to have a Virpil mount for your stick (in the center) and attach these control panels to it? That might be easier to reach (and read if you label them)? Like in their own picture?

Kan een afbeelding zijn van de tekst 'VIRPIL R CONTROLS S 강'

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

7 hours ago, ÆsirHunter said:

@HemiGuyThanks a lot for posting this, got my CM3 yesterday and I was a little overwhelmed with how many buttons it has...

I still havent added something to all the buttons... still challenged by the 5 way dial with the 6 buttons...

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

• 6 months later...

I did some templates way back that are editable (with LibreOffice):

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

• 1 month later...

I found some templates and someone sent me one but none of them really seemed "complete"/easy to use to me. Sooooo, I made my own in LibreOffice Calc and it should open/edit in Excel as well. I have the grid lines turned off but the cells are still there, click on them and add your text. Easy Peasy. 🙂 I'm using red text for all the commands in the various aircraft profiles.

I have the Constellation Alpha R grip and the T-50CM3 Throttle assembly.

Virpil Blank Template.ods

• 1 month later...

VIRPIL Constellation Alpha Prime R, T-50CM3 Throttle, ACE Pedals Setup:

Zip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cWJfr2-bBQDZue0pfpoEdm83hcXmo9xX/view?usp=share_link

I spent some time modifying this...original credit goes to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319673/

Edit: Added new v1.1

The old v1.0 is still there if wanted in the zip archive.

Also located here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3326536/

v1.1 Changelog:

----------------

• Corrected Rudder Ace Pedal Axis (was not inverted, needed to be...brakes were applied 100% all the time lol)
  • Added deadzone for left+right thrust of 9%, converted to slider....now idles the engines at 67% RPM instead of 72% which will make it less annoying when staging (engines in idle) if the parking brake is off because it would move forward at a slow pace.
  • Fixed uncage/cage button as it wasn't mapped correctly per the image.
  • Added VPC Panel 1 + 2 Binds, but no ref charts yet.

Edited by itx
added changes

• 2 months later...
Am 2.5.2021 um 17:45 schrieb Lynchsl62:

Too many Virpil Controllers to manage across multiple modules - the CM3 Throttle, Control Panel 1 and Control Panel 2. I took the original posted CM3 Template and created CP1 and CP2 template to match - at least I hope I have. Trying to keep the same controller button for the Warbirds to aide in failing memory. 

In my own configuration I have set Encoders to Axis as well, useful on CP2 for analogue trim on warbirds and set the analogue axis to buttons on CP1 for the mixture control for the P51 and the Spitfire, but have not added these yet

IMG_0439.jpg

Virpil Control Panel 2 Template.pptx 132.21 kB · 207 Downloads Virpil Control Panel 1 Template.pptx 128.32 kB · 224 Downloads

Hey,

thank you for those ppts. I would prefer editable PDFs but somehow im too stupid to get them exported. Could you please be so kind and help out here? 🙂

Edited by xfirf

14 minutes ago, xfirf said:

Hey,

thank you for those ppts. I would prefer editable PDFs but somehow im too stupid to get them exported. Could you please be so kind and help out here? 🙂

save as - > select pdf as file type... makes them a pdf 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

17 minutes ago, xfirf said:

Yes, but the fields are then not editable...

edit them in power point?  the only way to create editable PDF's I know is owning a full copy of Adobe Acrobat ...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

vor einer Stunde schrieb speed-of-heat:

edit them in power point?  the only way to create editable PDF's I know is owning a full copy of Adobe Acrobat ...

To be honest. If you don´t know a solution please stop discussing with me that ppt might be fine for others and you. For me it is not. And if the creator of the file is able to help I would be glad.

1 hour ago, xfirf said:

I did not want to offend you. 😞
From my point of view my question was pretty forward: ppt is no option for me.

Foxit PDF editor (free trial)

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 3 weeks later...