MIssion 12: 2 bugs

Hi,

I noticed 2 bugs during my M12 gameplay (played it 3 times now) and so far I didnt find anyone reported them here so here I go:

1st: Just a small one - during radio check on SC the frequencies are switched (check on PRI is done on AUX and vice versa).

2nd: This is a bit more problematic -  during the fight with SU-24s I forgot (heat of battle) to report my splashes with space-bar press. Because of that (I presume) the F-14 didnt shoot at me after the initial battle had ended. As a consequence I couldnt finish the mission (I even flew right to the F-14 but they didnt react on my presence so I shot them down - nothing happened). 3rd time I flew the mission I focused on not forgetting to report splashed with space-bar and everything worked.

Anyway great campaign so far!

Edited by JohnyJack
Language

• 5 months later...

Hi,

To expand on what OP has noted, I can reproduce the issue with f14s. They do not engage or appear in the correct places after reporting "Tiger". They are 50 -60 miles further north than the e2 reports them to be, flying west (not hot). They do not engage you, nor do they react to you. In this playthrough, I just flew back to the ship as I didn't know what else I could do.

The problem of enemies not being where awacs claim is particularly difficult to deal with in this mission. You are waitng for 15-20 minutes waiting for fighters to fly towards you. I believe that the entire time they are closing into the target, I was unable to find any fighter on radar. I misinterpreted this and assumed they are just teleporting further forward or something but I guess maybe I did something wrong while trying to find them as they are closing. Here is my track file, you can see the tomcats just flying away at the end.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvQUiMQP0boxjQQ1YkQn02lH46kr?e=fn5Dn8

To be clear I totally get why this happens, it seems like a limitation of using static audio files for the bulls calls, which are far more immersive than using the robot awacs that the game has built in. So you are waiting for a while, listening to awacs calls, not actually seeing any enemy fighters on sa or radar, then all of a sudden they are within < 40m, and can engage you within seconds. It makes that transition difficult, you have to kinda know what is coming and play back further. 

Edited by Szerated

@JohnyJack thanks, this is an interesting find with the SP BAR correlation and F-14s not engaging, I will investigate it, though it my as well be DCS AI being itself. The attack logic tends to get broken between the updates, so this may be just that.

@Szerated I am pretty sure the incoming flights are exactly where they are reported by AWACS via bullseye calls, I checked it several times. As for the Tomcats - if the AI decided to disregard the triggers and go somewhere else then it is correct they wouldn’t be where they are reported. Anyway I will check if I can fix this somehow. 

thanks!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

9 hours ago, Szerated said:

Hi,

To expand on what OP has noted, I can reproduce the issue with f14s. They do not engage or appear in the correct places after reporting "Tiger". They are 50 -60 miles further north than the e2 reports them to be, flying west (not hot). They do not engage you, nor do they react to you. In this playthrough, I just flew back to the ship as I didn't know what else I could do.

The problem of enemies not being where awacs claim is particularly difficult to deal with in this mission. You are waitng for 15-20 minutes waiting for fighters to fly towards you. I believe that the entire time they are closing into the target, I was unable to find any fighter on radar. I misinterpreted this and assumed they are just teleporting further forward or something but I guess maybe I did something wrong while trying to find them as they are closing. Here is my track file, you can see the tomcats just flying away at the end.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvQUiMQP0boxjQQ1YkQn02lH46kr?e=fn5Dn8

To be clear I totally get why this happens, it seems like a limitation of using static audio files for the bulls calls, which are far more immersive than using the robot awacs that the game has built in. So you are waiting for a while, listening to awacs calls, not actually seeing any enemy fighters on sa or radar, then all of a sudden they are within < 40m, and can engage you within seconds. It makes that transition difficult, you have to kinda know what is coming and play back further. 

@Szerated: I have exactly the same problem in this mission and can't seem to finish it correctly. The datalink seems to come up very late, and also I can't get good radar lock on them until they are too close exposing me to the MIG-29's. By looking at the Redknite video for Mission 12 my radar tracks or Datalink targets don't behave the same way. I cannot get good locks on them 20 NM out as I should given it's a big group. 

I just flew this mission and it is true, F-14s does not engage you. I fired them two AIM-120 (failed both) and two AIM-9s when it was at 4 or 5 miles from them and they were destroyed. After that my wingman splashed by himself into the water and I did not received more communications. I landed in the carrier with 3 kills and a result=80.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...