DCS problem's crashing and game freezing

2Tone

I have a brand new PC a 3070 graphics card loads of Memory and HD Space , Oculus quest 2 VR, Proper cables , x56 Rhino HOTAS and some times the game works ok but more than less i get 

• Game crashes
  • Game Freezes
  • Game continues to run but VR headset goes black, can still see the game running on the Monitor but even with disabling / Enabling Rift it still stays black
  • Game view freezes in VR Headset view, game locks but i can turn my head around and am still looking at the last view before it froze
  • Loads of Lag / Stuttering view. broken image etc
  • Struggling to Bind Keys

HELP !!!!!!!!!

2tone

Have you applied any kind of tuning to your system? Overclocking ram, cpu or gpu?

First thing to do is too disable all of that.

If it keep crashing you have to search further, but leave the overclocking stuff.

When DCS runs stable, you can reapply one by one and see if it keeps working.

Newest drivers and patches for everything have been checked hopefully...

Perhaps in your case, try without VR first. If it runs well without VR you have narrowed it down...

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Copy this blue text:

%UserProfile%\Saved Games

Open your file browser,

Double-click the address field (as seen below) and paste,

image.png

Hit the Enter key: you are now in your Saved Games folder.

Enter the folder named "DCS" (or maybe "DCS.openbeta"; it depends on your installation),

Enter the folder named "Logs",

Select the most recent ZIP file you can find in here and drag-and-drop it on the forum chat box (see below).

image.png

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team

Hi, 

the crash looks like a display driver crash, 

I was not able to reproduce using the track replays you supplied but thank you. 

I would recommend ensuring windows and your display driver are up to date. 

if you have an overclock reducing it may help. 

Regarding stutter, in controls options at the bottom disable hotplug, this can help some users with stutter. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

figured it out guys with help obviously.

I did update my graphics drivers and when i did that i checked the settings in DCS and discovered that some numpty had turned the VR Settings up too max ( Cant for the life of me think who did that) , I reset everything to standard and hey presto its all working fantabulous now, thanks for the help much appreciated

• Thanks 1

Funny thing, when I clicked any of 2-Tone's log files...my own directory on my g drive comes up.  How could that happen?  It's like a virus selecting my directorys.  

Very disconcerting to say the least.   Any ideas before I do something like thorough cleanout.  Never mind ..old age...corrected this.

Laz

Edited by lazduc
Found problem

• 3 months later...

Gents, just to give you an update i did everything in the hints and tips, did all that was advised on this thread and nothing Worked. I then bought another 16gb of RAM, fitted it and hey presto it all works fine. Have absolutely no idea what was wrong and why that fixed it