BFT09 - getting terminated after first touch and go

So flying mission 9 - after first touch and go I climb to 7000 @ heading 120 - the FE says to turn 040 @ 260knts - I do and part way through the turn he terminates stating I went beyond Q- for speed... first time I was at 259knts and second time I was at 266knt... both happened at the exact same time during the turn. From my experience with the campaign (which is awesome btw!) both are well within the limits. This happened in the practice mission as well but i figured I'd just do the qual mission as it's easy enough, relatively.

Flying the A-10C II version in open beta.

Ideas?

It could be something changed in the game engine recently as we thought we had set the limits correctly and didn't see this in our testing.

Usually you get a warning for speed violation first and get terminated if you violate the limit a 2nd time but from what you have said your speed didn't go above the limit so not sure why it would terminate you. 

Please post a trk file if it happens again and we can investigate further.

• Like 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

21 hours ago, Sabre-TLA said:

It could be something changed in the game engine recently as we thought we had set the limits correctly and didn't see this in our testing.

Usually you get a warning for speed violation first and get terminated if you violate the limit a 2nd time but from what you have said your speed didn't go above the limit so not sure why it would terminate you. 

Please post a trk file if it happens again and we can investigate further.

posted the track in the bugs thread...

Edited by TroonYaDig
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2021 at 4:48 PM, EdwinB1967 said:

Reference "ground speed" for this particular mission.

The adverse weather might be giving false IAS .

Out.

I can confirm that this works! Both in the training and qualification mission. It is tricky though, you need to lower your speed significantly when turning to 040 after the touch and go because the wind gives you a significant speed boost. Took me 3 tries to succeed. On to the next one! @Sabre-TLA

Edited by ArticBear
  • Like 1

Same here. Terminated at 257 and at 262. Frustrating. I mean. We are already having a workout to also have to look for groundspeed.
BTW. I was on the glide the whole time for the first approach. Needle never went below or above the first hash marks and the rating was unqualified. Like  wth? Do you want an autopilot?

It happens to me too every time, flew about 6 times already and am ready to toss it aside and don't want to pick it up anymore. After the touch and go I am just waiting for the termination right after the climb out and the first turn, which I know is coming. I hate it because it takes a long time to get to that point every time and it is very straining to keep focusing on the HUD all the time while in bad weather. 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Given that many players are having problems with this particular trigger we will see if we can remove it.  It's only a short turn so I don't think it will cause too much impact to the overall mission rating.  This will also future proof it if ED changes the wind or weather dynamics again.

• Like 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 1 month later...