Trackir Blues

Got what the settings mean which is a good thing but for the life of me don’t know if DCS bounces when I look at something or is it me

Need help

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

It has been a minute since I have had TIR installed, so bare with me in regards to terms. In your normal play time (meaning time of day), place the TIR software into camera mode. In this mode the TIR software will show you your IR signature. Check for false IR signatures, and correct any that are present. Usually this is sunlight or sun reflecting off of something in the background. Second move your head in full range, that you would in the cockpit. Maybe have DCS running so you can reference your cockpit view too. Look for any disappearing IR signatures from your clip. The IR light should remain present through all ranges. 

Worse case follow along with Jabber's video. 

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Sunlight or a reflection is going to seem like the camera is skipping around.

I've had my clip loose and it made the screen bounce, is that kinda what you're saying?

Also if you have the "smoothness" turned up a lot there will be a delay between your motions and the movement inputs in game which will feel really laggy. (I think my smoothness is at 4)

It might also just take a while to get used to using it. At first I often found my head facing once side of the screen but my eyeballs looking at the other side.  Gotta break the habit of looking with your eyeballs and only move your head.

i've had reflections off glasses, UV logos on sports gear, sun sneaking through a crack in the curtains, light reflecting of windows as a source of TIR bounce / random movement.

The UV logo on the under armor shirt was a doozie...

Action After Contemplation

Thanks

Saw Jabbers and Spudknocker’s video

Followed Jabbers video only thing I can think of is Cap Clip not strong enough

Ordered track clip pro from Amazon if that makes a difference

It’s a good experience just want Mouse Control little more precise than what I have now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

• 4 weeks later...

Bonjour

Comment faire pour utiliser les vues du cockpit ou extérieure avec TrackIR ? Comment faut il les paramétrer ?

Je débute avec DCS WORLD mais j'utilise mon TrackIR avec CondorSoaring 2 parfaitement.

Merci beaucoup 

Hello How can I use the cockpit or exterior views with TrackIR ?

How should they be configured ?

I am new to DCS WORLD but I use my TrackIR with CondorSoaring 2 perfectly.

Thank you very much

Fred

Sorry for speaking in English

Track Ir if you set it up right should be the same in DCS

Nothing special

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs