Lighting model doesn't illuminate planes from non-player lightsources

deadpool

Planes just seem to swallow up the light instead of reflecting any of it, that is of non-player objects.

If I shine my taxi light on another player's plane it's illuminated by it, yet a floodlight on the map won't have the same effect.

I have no track file, but please find below a screenshot from a plane in a hangar ingame, as well as a reallife photo of a similar situation.

In general this also has the effect that in a moonlit sky where I can make out details on the ground in the light, I cannot say the same about my wingman flying 8m next to me. He is pitch black. There should be at least a little light reflected from him.

This is on open beta 2.5.6.61527.3 and I believe it came into the game with the lighting system overhaul a while back for nicer night-flying stuff.

image (7).png

image (8).png

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

24 minuti fa, dorianR666 ha scritto:

whats funny is that civilian traffic cars actually are illuminated by map's light sources.

This!!

It's really hard to believe that airport headlights don't light airplane for performance reasons, but hundreds of small lightsources light up civilian traffic correctly and that doesn't cause performance issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the explanation.

That sounds like quite a hefty defect to me. Especially in low light level environments every photon counts.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline