New Install Can't Use F1 Key

Go to solution Solved by feefifofum,

I have a new computer that I just installed the latest DCS World 2.5 Open Beta with all the maps and models I own. For some reason on any mission I'll start in the cockpit, can use F1 to center the view to the front like normal but if I press any other view key like F2, and try to reenter the cockpit with F1 I'm unable stuck outside the jet. I've checked the license(s) and they look fine on EDs page. I also tried uninstalling one module and reinstalled it with the same bug.  

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Looks like your antivirus might be blocking components of dcs. Add the dcs folder to the exclusion list of your antivirus.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

33 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Looks like your antivirus might be blocking components of dcs. Add the dcs folder to the exclusion list of your antivirus.

At the moment I'm only using Windows Defender, and it has asked prior if I wanted to allow DCS access, which I agreed too. I did check the fire wall setting and DCS.exe was listed under Inbound Rules. I also tried running as administrator with no joy!

27 minutes ago, sbower said:

At the moment I'm only using Windows Defender ...

windows defender is an antivirus, and it has an exclusion facility... have you added dcs folder to it’s exclusion list?

29 minutes ago, sbower said:

... and it has asked prior if I wanted to allow DCS access, which I agreed too. I did check the fire wall setting and DCS.exe was listed under Inbound Rules. I also tried running as administrator with no joy!

the firewall settings only affect the multiplayer ability of dcs, it is not relevant on this case.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

22 minutes ago, feefifofum said:

If you are using TrackIR or other external programs with hotkeys, they can sometimes "steal" keypresses from DCS. Do you have other active software perhaps?

Wow good call never dreamed that TrackIR would be the cause. Okay, so I looked at the TrackIR Center properties that I have set to the F1 key and turned off Toggle and Trap. That fixed this issue thanks for the help... 

• Like 2