802AKG?

dresoccer4

Quick q: is the 802AKG used WITHOUT the datalink pod? If so, how does it actually hit a target accurately? Finding this confusing atm

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

1 minute ago, razo+r said:

No, the AKG is not used without pod.

ohh, well that explains a lot. In Chuck's guide he shows the AKG used in 3 different modes:

1) Direct

2) Coordinate

3) Manual + man-in-the-loop

So this seems like only option 3 uses the pod, while option 1 and 2 do not. 

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I'm testing this out and have an other question. While the missile is en-route, I pressed the "CRS" button and was given manual control of the missile. As it was still very far away from the target, I clicked the button again and the missile was taken back to "CRS" mode for a few seconds, but then I lost signal. I chekced on the F10 map and it was gone. Seems it had self destructed. 

I had a second missile on the way which was a few minutes behind the first. I attempted this same set of actions again, and it also self destructed. Can someone confirm if this is intended behavior? Switching from cruise to manual to cruise mode causes self detonation?

15 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

I'm testing this out and have an other question. While the missile is en-route, I pressed the "CRS" button and was given manual control of the missile. As it was still very far away from the target, I clicked the button again and the missile was taken back to "CRS" mode for a few seconds, but then I lost signal. I chekced on the F10 map and it was gone. Seems it had self destructed. 

I had a second missile on the way which was a few minutes behind the first. I attempted this same set of actions again, and it also self destructed. Can someone confirm if this is intended behavior? Switching from cruise to manual to cruise mode causes self detonation?

yep i've had this issue as well. now I only take control manually if I intend to guide it all the way otherwise i'll just wait until it's 20km (~10nm) from target

• Thanks 1

I tried to find the comment from one of the Deka devs but failed to find it. I'm sure there is a limited number of times you can connect/select a missile in flight, i just can't remember why that was....

Maybe @uboats @L0op8ack can clarify?

• Like 2

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

2021/3/10 AM4点33分,dresoccer4说:

yes,  it's an emergency seeker on mode, if someone else tell you that your target is far from the position when you takeoff.  

you can manually turn seeker on for max 3 times I think, if more than the limits, the missile will be self destructed.

• Like 1