Ship overview

PoorOldSpike

I did these tests to help me when scen-designing-

ship-sams-asm-ranges.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US FLEET

Blue-fleet.png

tic-layoutyy.png

burk-layoutzz.png

Perry-layout.png

tara-layoutzz.png

linc-layout.png

Edited by PoorOldSpike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

russ-fleet.jpg

CGN-Pyotr-Velikiyzz.png

CG-Moskvazz.png

FFG-Neustrashimyzz.png

FF-Rezky.png

grish.png

FSG-Molniya.png

CV-Kusnetsovzz.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese-fleet.png

052-B-dest-aa.png

052-C-dest-aa.png

054-A-Frigate-aa.png

Chinese-dock-aa.png

Edited by PoorOldSpike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8

If you don't mind, here's one I've got of the Arleigh Burke Flt. IIA 5"/62. I'll do some more if anyone is interested.

yFgbc5a.png

iihdlPc.png

Note: the model as depicted in DCS World is a mixture of different Flt. IIA 5"/62 variants: on one hand it has the 2 Phalanx CIWS (accurate for DDG-81 to -84, not accurate for DDG-85 and onwards), but it has the funnel design of ships from DDG-89 onwards. There are some discrepancies between antennas on the front of the superstructure and at the top of the mast.

DDG-85 and onwards from 2011 onwards were fitted Mk 38 Mod 2 with C-Lite; DDG-81 to -84 looks like they got theirs significantly later, looking at images from seaforces.org.

In DCS, we have the liveries for DDG-101 to DDG-116, which comprise the last 12 of the initial Flt. IIA 5"/62 1 CIWS variant, all of the Flt. IIA 5"/62 restarts (again, 1 CIWS), and the first of the Flt. IIA 5"/62 technology insertion (also only has 1 CIWS).

(*)

Spoiler
  • Mk 45 Mod 4 5"/62 naval gun has the following rounds:
    • Mk 176 Illum-ET (Illumination/Star shell - Electronically Timed)
    • Mk 179 HE-ET (High Explosive - Electronically Timed) - presumably this round can be programmed to airburst, detonate on impact, or detonate after penetration.
    • Mk 182 KE-ET (Kinetic Energy - Electronically Timed) - this is an air bursting fragmentation round with 9000 tungsten pellets, though the fuse probably has the same capabilities as above (not that these kind of fuses are modelled in DCS).

In DCS however, none of these rounds are present, and DCS is using a generic 127 mm HE round with impact fuses only.

This gun also has a max firing rate of 20 RPM, in DCS however it fires at ~60 RPM EDIT: This is now fixed as of DCS 2.8.4.38947 Open Beta.

I'm also fairly sure that either a radar and/or the Mk 46 Mod 1 director can be used to direct the gun. The latter is present and animated, but DCS is currently using generic long-range naval optics, LLTV and FLIR.

While probably not utilised for the time period, the gun is dual-purpose capable with the Mk 182 KE-ET rounds. Many ships in DCS have naval guns which are the same, often with dedicated AAW rounds (with either timed or proximity fused rounds).

• The Mk 41 VLS (with a total of 96 cells) which can equip:
    • RIM-66M-2/M-5 SM-2MR Block IIIA/IIIB respectively (a RIM-66M SM-2MR Block III is in DCS but not implemented - currently using an unknown variant of the RIM-66 SM-2MR).

The RIM-66M uses INS/DL mid-course guidance with terminal SARH using an AN/SPG-62 to provide CW illumination. The RIM-66M-5 also adds a secondary IRH mode. Currently, in DCS, the missile is pure SARH with the AN/SPG-62 non-functional (though is animated in the modelviewer).

Another thing to note about this missile is that it has a limited ASuW mode to be used against ships (in pretty much the same fashion as how AIM-7s and AIM-54s can be fired against ships in the Tomcat). This is essential for the Arleigh-Burke, as its Harpoon launchers have been deleted. This mode however is non-functional in DCS.

• RIM-156A/B SM-2ER Block IV/IVA respectively - extended range version of the RIM-66 SM-2MR, essentially just adding a booster stage (which has thrust vectoring). A RIM-156A SM-2ER Block IV is in DCS but not implemented - can be seen in modelviewer, though the thrust vectoring nozzles aren't animated. Same guidance system and modes as above.
  • RIM-161A/B SM-3 Block I/IA - ABM/ASAT missile based on the RIM-156A SM-2ER. Not-present in DCS.
  • RIM-162A ESSM - Evolution of the RIM-7 Sea Sparrow, 4 per Mk 41 VLS cell, DL/INS mid-course with SARH terminal guidance, with CW illumination provided by AN/SPG-62. Not present in DCS.
  • RGM-109C Tomahawk Block III TLAM-C - this is the conventional land-attack variant. Present in DCS, but mislabelled as BGM-109B, which is the anti-ship TASM variant (with basically the same guidance system as the Harpoon). The fire-control systems (TWCCS and T2C) are not present however.
  • RGM-109D Tomahawk Block III TLAM-D - this is a submunition dispensing land-attack variant with a payload of 166 BLU-97/B combined effects bomblets (same as in the AGM-154A and CBU-87/103), AFAIK it can also be fitted to shower graphite strips to destroy electrical infrastructure. Otherwise identical to the RGM-109C. Not present in DCS.
  • RGM-109E Tomahwak Block IV TACTOM - this is an enhanced version of the RGM-109C. Not-implemented in DCS, but is present in the modelviewer.
  • RUM-139C VL-ASROC - this is an anti-submarine missile carrying a Mk 46 Mod 5A/Mk 50/Mk 54 lightweight ASW torpedo. Not present in DCS.

It would be great some day to get the full complement of weapons, as well as maybe a ship magazine editor, allowing to select which weapons are in which cell (either by clicking on cells individually or clicking and dragging with the ability to set presets). You could do the same thing with the guns, changing how much ammunition is available and what round types are available.

• The Mk 38 Mod 2 [Typhoon Weapon Station] consists of a 25 mm/75 M242 Bushmaster, firing 25x137 mm Mk 210 HEI-T (using a generic 25 mm HE-T round in DCS) not sure if this system in particular can fire other M242 25x137mm rounds (such as M791 APDS-T or M919 APFSDS-T). This is directed by a Hoplite/C-Lite(?) director with 3rd generation EO, IR and a laser rangefinder), this though isn't implemented.
  • The Mk 15 Phalanx Block 1B CIWS does function in DCS, however is using the wrong ammunition and none of its own sensors are modelled.

The Phalanx features its own radar system, comprising of 2 antennas:

• The one at the top (inside the hemispherical section of the radome) is a J-band, pulse-doppler, 3D acquisition radar (essentially operating in a TWS mode and is able to determine target speed, heading, range and altitude as well as prioritise targets snd filter out non-threats).
  • The larger, J-band tracking radar is in the cylindrical section of the radome; this handles precise target tracking and fire control (it can even track the rounds leaving the barrel to correct for errors). The acquisition radar hands off the target to the tracking radar once certain criteria have been met (i.e target decreasing range, predicted to hit the ship or go near it - even accounting for possible manoeuvring).

EOSS is a small, 3rd generation, FLIR system, primarily intended to enable the Phalanx to fire in a ASuW mode against small craft.

• The Mk 36 SRBOC chaff/flare launcher can fire the following:
    • Mk 214 Sea Gnat Seduction Chaff
    • Mk 216 Sea Gnat Distraction Chaff
    • Mk 245 GIANT Flare

I have no idea what the practical difference of seduction and distraction chaff is, if there's anyone who does who can help out that would be great. Non-functional in DCS, none of the countermeasures are present.

EDIT: Chaff for seduction is meant to lure AShMs into essentially a 'kill box' where an AAW ship can shoot them down, and chaff for distraction is simply supposed to decoy an AShM away.

There is another chaff type - chaff for confusion, this is supposed to present numerous false targets on a radar scope, confusing a potential shooter. Not sure if this is present on this ship though.

• The AN/SPY-1D MFR (which I'm pretty sure is an AN/SPY-1D(V) w. ABM mod - which is required for the RIM-161 SM-3) in DCS, as said in the annotations, isn't present - DCS instead uses the MPQ-53 STR/FCR of the Patriot system. This is quite disappointing, as the 2 are very different. For starters, the SPY-1D is more capable, and has a surface-search mode.

Mind you, DCS doesn't model PESA phased array radars any differently from any other.

• The AN/SLQ-32(V)3 ECM system provides both ESM/ELINT, OECM and DECM. AFAIK (which really isn't much), the ECM components operate in the H to J bands (new nomenclature)/X to Ku band (old nomenclature) which corresponds to 6 - 20 GHz.
  • AN/SPS-64(V)9 and AN/SPS-67(V)3 surface-search and navigation radars are both approximated in DCS as 'ticonderoga search radar" using the mast-height for the Ticonderoga's AN/SPS-64 and AN/SPS-67.

Would be better if each radar antenna got its own dedicated entry, with mast-height entry on the vessel, not the radar (as different ships might have different mast heights for the same radar).

Edited by Northstar98
update, formatting
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

That's awesome, guys!

@PoorOldSpike
Could you please add the ranges of cruise missiles carried by these ships against land targets, as well? This would be a nice addition.

• Like 1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Note: the model as depicted in DCS World seems to be at least a 2008 fit of the earlier Arleigh-Burke Flt. IIA 5"/62 ships, which comprise DDG-81 to DDG-84, given the vessels have Mk38 Mod. 2 w. C-Lite and 2 Phalanx Block 1B CIWS.

No look at the stacks - no visible funnels. DDG-89(USS "Mustin") was the first ship with this integrated funnel design.

Edited by Seaeagle
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 4:28 PM, Seaeagle said:

No look at the stacks - no visible funnels. DDG-89(USS "Mustin") was the first ship with this integrated funnel design.

But then, what about the 2 Phalanx? Only Flt. IIA 5"/62 ships that have both are the earlier ones AFAIK which are DDGs -81 to -84.

DDGs 85 and beyond only have a single Phalanx in the back. This was due to the installation of RIM-162 ESSM (which we don't have, as well as a fair few other weapons they actually fire from the Mk41).

Here's the Mustin circa 2011:

image019.jpg

Note that the Phalanx mount on the front is absent.

And looking at the pictures here, it didn't get Mk 38 Mod 2 w/ C-Lite until ~2011

I think it's clear ED hasn't been careful and have made somewhat of a hybrid - with the Phalanx loadout of a DDG-81 to 84 variant and the funnels from a >DDG-89.

Out of the liveries, it's missing the towed array port on the back for DDG-103, -104, -105 and -116. We're also missing an antenna and its mount on the front of the superstructure - which is presumably a SATCOM UHF antenna (or at least, that's what it was in the previous ships).

Edited by Northstar98
corrected - RIM-161 is the RAM, 162 is ESSM.
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

But then, what about the 2 Phalanx? Only Flt. IIA 5"/62 ships that have both are the earlier ones AFAIK which are DDGs -81 to -84.

Indeed, but my point was that the presence of two phalanx mounts isn't because they modelled an earlier Flt. IIa with upgrades, but rather...

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

And looking at the pictures here, it didn't get Mk38 Mod 2 w. C-Lite until ~2011

I think it's clear ED hasn't been careful and have made somewhat of a hybrid...

...that the model is a "hodge podge" of variants. I obviously don't know the reason - maybe they got a model of an early Flt. IIa and decided to make it "more modern" by removing the funnels and assign hull numbers of later ships without paying attention to various other differences.

• Like 2

Incidentally, the Ticonderoga and Arleigh Burke IIa carry 2x cannons each as well as Gatlings.

Here's a Tico's starboard cannon in action against an SU-25T, the other tracer stream is from a Gatling-

Tic-cannon2.png

A close up of the Tico's cannon-

Tic-cannon1.png

Below- one of the Burke's cannons in action-

burk-cannon.png

Edited by PoorOldSpike
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2021 at 4:20 PM, Seaeagle said:

"Ship's antiship missile ranges

Kuznetsov: none"

What? 🙂

Thanks, sorry i never knew aircraft carriers could fire antiship missiles..:)

I'll edit in a correction later, meanwhile here's a test I just ran to confirm the Kusnetsovs both fire Shipwrecks-

Kusn-Shipwereck.png

Edited by PoorOldSpike

On 3/10/2021 at 7:06 PM, Seaeagle said:

Indeed, but my point was that the presence of two phalanx mounts isn't because they modelled an earlier Flt. IIa with upgrades, but rather...

...that the model is a "hodge podge" of variants. I obviously don't know the reason - maybe they got a model of an early Flt. IIa and decided to make it "more modern" by removing the funnels and assign hull numbers of later ships without paying attention to various other differences.

Agreed, though you can say exactly the same thing either way.

Regardless, in the future, I hope they pay a bit more attention, maybe I'm nitpicking, but it is after all a paid-for asset.

Spoiler

And the amount of things I marked not-present or non-functional is a little disappointing, but kinda to be expected, given the state of the naval aspect.

Mind you some of the stuff you wouldn't maybe notice, nor is the environment there to support them.

On 3/10/2021 at 9:11 PM, PoorOldSpike said:

Thanks, sorry i never knew aircraft carriers could fire antiship missiles..:)

I'll edit in a correction later, meanwhile here's a test I just ran to confirm the Kusnetsov fires Shipwrecks-

(However the Kusnetsov 2017 didn't fire them, so I assume it doesn't carry them)

Kusn-Shipwereck.png

The 2017 one does last time I checked, I'll get a track for you. The doors for the VLS even open. And it's the same P-700 Granit/SS-N-19 'Shipwreck'

Kuznetsov_(2017)_P-700.trk

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

System:

7 hours ago, VTJS17_Fire said:

That's awesome, guys!

@PoorOldSpike
Could you please add the ranges of cruise missiles carried by these ships against land targets, as well? This would be a nice addition.

My tests found that there are only two ships in the game with land attack cruise missiles, they're the Ticonderoga and Burke which both fire BGM-109B Tomahawks with a range of at least 900 nm.

tomahawks.png

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty sure they're the only ones.

And just so we're on the same page, ED erroneously calls the RGM-109C the BGM-109B. Now I don't really care about the R vs the B - the first letter just denotes launch platform (B for multiple, R for ship-launched - specifically they should be R but that's not much of a problem as B is inclusive). My issue is that it's called the -109B instead of what it actually is, the -109C, and this isn't a nitpick, they're very different missiles (as far as the guidance goes) with different capabilities, intended for different things.

• The BGM-109B is the TASM (Tomahawk Anti-Ship Missile) variant and is purely an anti-ship missile, not land-attack. It essentially has the guidance system of a Harpoon (i.e INS with terminal active-radar homing and can probably support having a flight plan with multiple waypoints).
  • The BGM-109C Tomahawk TLAM-C Block III is the land attack variant, with INS/GPS + TERCOM + DSMAC, which is the variant actually being fired by DCS, even though it refers to it as the BGM-109B.

In the same breath, DCS calls the ship launched Harpoon AGM-84S. The A in AGM refers to air-launched, not ship launched, it should start RGM for surface ship launch and UGM for submerged launch. And there's no such thing as an -84S - it's a variant that doesn't exist (maybe they tried to write -84C which is the Harpoon Block 1B, the -84C is a pure sea-skimmer and the D is selectable, in DCS the 'AGM-84S' it always performs a pop-up last time I checked).

I wish ED would replace it with the RGM-84D Harpoon Block 1C - unified with the AGM-84D Harpoon Block 1C on the Hornet. The difference is that the RGM-84 variant has a solid-rocket motor as a first/boost stage, which falls away upon burn-out. The missile itself has folding wings/strakes (whatever they are) and control surfaces, whereas the AGM-84 doesn't, otherwise the 2 are externally identical AFAIK.

Only other thing is I'm pretty sure that ships equipped with a certain FCS can program multiple waypoints into the Harpoon before launch, but I can't remember the details and I'm unsure what Harpoon variant it was.   

EDIT: In DCS 2.7 the RGM-84 has now received a new model, on par with the AGM-84D from the F/A-18C, however, even with the new naming system, it still incorrectly calls it AGM-84S (personally it would be better if it was made an RGM-84D, and have the selectable terminal attack manoeuvre be controlled via an advanced waypoint action).

EDIT 2: As of a DCS 2.7 update (unsure which), the RGM-84D is now actually called RGM-84D.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 2

System:

9 hours ago, PoorOldSpike said:

My tests found that there are only two ships in the game with land attack cruise missiles, they're the Ticonderoga and Burke which both fire BGM-109B Tomahawks with a range of at least 900 nm.

tomahawks.png

Thank you for the addition.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

[re firing Shipwrecks]...The 2017 one does last time I checked..

Thanks, yes, this test confirms the Kusnetsov 2017 does fire Shipwrecks like the other Kusnetsov..:)

(I've amended the Kus entry on the chart at the start of this thread accordingly)

PS- we have to wait a while for the carriers to turn towards the target ship to bring it within the carriers frontal launch arc; note the curved wake below-

kus2017-shipwk.png

Edited by PoorOldSpike
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, PoorOldSpike said:

Incidentally if anybody's noticed these two MG's on the Burke's aft deck, I've never seen them actually fire at anything in the game, although the Gatlings do fire, as below-

Burke-MGs.png

No I can't get them to fire either.

System:

More tests: Antiship missile firing arcs

Only the Ticonderoga and the three Chinese ships (052B/ 052C/ 054A) can launch at targets anywhere in 360 degrees, including behind them-

tic-harp-rear.png

but the Perry can only launch in an approx 180 degree frontal arc, so it has to turn almost broadside on to the target like this to fire-

perry-harp-side.png

And the 4 Russian vessels (Pyotr Velikiy/ Moskva/ Molniya/ Kusnetsovs must turn to get the target into a forward arc of about 100 degrees in order to fire like this.

pyotr-cone.png

Edited by PoorOldSpike

GUNFIRE TESTS   Ships main guns have the following approx ranges-

12nm

Pyotr Velikiy

Moskva

10nm

Ticonderoga

Burke

Perry

Neustrashimy

Rezky

All Chinese vessels

8nm

Grisha

Molniya

Example: A Molniya is close enough to attack a Perry with missiles AND Gunfire. (inset: shell splashes on and around the Perry)-

gun-fire.png

Ship guns can also bombard any spot on land; they scatter slightly to plaster the area around the specified impact point-

Shore-bombard.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
11.03.2021 в 01:06, PoorOldSpike сказал:

tomahawks.png

And how many missiles do they fire at a time?And you can't recharge them.

8 hours ago, PoorOldSpike said:

Each ship carries about 30 BGM-109BTomahawks.

*RGM-109C TLAM-C Block IV - why DCS calls it the BGM-109B I don't know. Back in reality, the -109B is absolutely the anti-ship TASM (Tomahawk Anti-Ship Missile) variant, using essentially the Harpoon's guidance system (INS w. terminal ARH), with no land attack capability.  

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

System:

• 4 months later...
On 3/10/2021 at 11:17 AM, Northstar98 said:

If you don't mind, here's one I've got of the Arleigh-Burke Flt. IIA 5"/62. I'll do some more if anyone is interested.

yFgbc5a.png

iihdlPc.png

Note: the model as depicted in DCS World is a mixture of different Flt. IIA 5"/62 variants: on one hand it has the 2 Phalanx CIWS (accurate for DDG-81 to -84, not accurate for DDG-85 and onwards), but it has the funnel design of ships from DDG-89 onwards. There are some discrepancies between antennae on the front of the superstructure and at the top of the mast.

DDG-85 and onwards from 2011 onwards were fitted Mk38 Mod. 2 with C-Lite; DDG-81 to -84 looks like they got theirs significantly later, looking at images from seaforces.org.

In DCS, we have the liveries for DDG-101 to DDG-116, which comprise the last 12 of the initial Flt. IIA 5"/62 1 CIWS variant, all of the Flt. IIA 5"/62 restarts (again, 1 CIWS), and the first of the Flt. IIA 5"/62 technology insertion (also only has 1 Phalanx).

Some of these ships, (such as the DDG-86, -88, -92, -103 -104, -105, -113 and -116) have another port in the stern, this is for an AN/SQR-20 towed array SONAR system, using a TB-37/U MFTA (passive-only VLF). 

(*)

Reveal hidden contents

• Mk45 Mod. 4 5"/62 naval gun has the following rounds:

• Mk176 Illum-ET (Illumination/Star shell - Electronically Timed)
  • Mk179 HE-ET (High Explosive - Electronically Timed) - presumably this round can be programmed to airburst, detonate on impact, or detonate after penetration.
  • Mk182 KE-ET (Kinetic Energy - Electronically Timed) - this is an air bursting fragmentation round with 9000 tungsten pellets, though the fuse probably has the same capabilities as above (not that these kind of fuses are modelled in DCS).

In DCS however, none of these rounds are present, and DCS is using a generic 127mm HE round with impact fuses only.

This gun also has a max firing rate of 20 RPM, in DCS however it fires at ~60 RPM.

I'm also fairly sure that either a RADAR and/or the Mk46 Mod. 1 director can be used to direct the gun. The latter is present and animated, but DCS is currently using generic long-range naval optics, LLTV and FLIR.

I'm also fairly sure this gun is single purpose (i.e anti-surface only), most other naval guns are dual-purpose, with some AA capability, using air bursting HEF rounds with either variable timed, proximity, or remote fuses.

• The Mk41 VLS (with a total of 96 cells) which can equip.

• RIM-66K/L/M SM-2MR Block III/IIIA/IIIB respectively (a RIM-66M SM-2MR Block III is in DCS but not implemented - currently using an unknown variant of the RIM-66 SM-2MR).

The RIM-66M uses INS/DL mid-course guidance with terminal SARH using an AN/SPG-62 to provide CW illumination. The RIM-66M-5 also adds a secondary IRH mode. Currently, in DCS, the missile is pure SARH with the AN/SPG-62 non-functional (though is animated in the modelviewer).

Another thing to note about this missile, is that it has a limited ASuW mode to be used against ships (in pretty much the same fashion as how AIM-7s and AIM-54s can be fired against ships in the Tomcat). This is essential for the Arleigh-Burke, as its Harpoon launchers have been deleted. This mode however is non-functional in DCS.

• RIM-156A/B SM-2ER Block IV/IVA respectively - extended range version of the RIM-66 SM-2MR, essentially just adding a booster stage (which has thrust vectoring). A RIM-156A SM-2ER Block IV is in DCS but not implemented - can be seen in modelviewer, though the thrust vectoring nozzles aren't animated. Same guidance system and modes as above.

• RIM-161A/B SM-3 Block I/IA - ABM/ASAT missile based on the RIM-156A SM-2ER. Not-present in DCS.

• RIM-162A ESSM - Evolution of the RIM-7 Sea Sparrow, 4 per Mk41 VLS cell, DL/INS mid-course with SARH terminal guidance, with CW illumination provided by AN/SPG-62. Not present in DCS.

• RGM-109C Tomahawk Block III TLAM-C - this is the conventional land-attack variant. Present in DCS, but mislabelled as BGM-109B, which is the anti-ship TASM variant (with basically the same guidance system as the Harpoon). The fire-control systems (TWCCS and T2C) are not present however.

• RGM-109D Tomahawk Block III TLAM-D - this is a submunition dispensing land-attack variant with a payload of 166 BLU-97/B combined effects bomblets (same as in the AGM-154A and CBU-87/103). Not present in DCS.

• RGM-109E Tomahwak Block IV TACTOM - this is an enhanced version of the RGM-109C. Not-implemented in DCS, but is present in the modelviewer.

• RUM-139C VL-ASROC - this is an anti-submarine missile carrying a Mk46/Mk50/Mk54 lightweight ASW torpedo. Not present in DCS.

It would be great some day to get the full complement of weapons, as well as maybe a ship magazine editor, allowing to select which weapons are in which cell (either by clicking on cells individually or clicking and dragging with the ability to set presets). You could do the same thing with the guns, changing how much ammunition is available and what round types are available.

• The Mk38 Mod. 2 [Typhoon Weapon Station] w. C-Lite director consists of a 25mm/75 M242 Bushmaster, firing 25x137mm Mk210 HEI-T (using a generic 25mm HE-T round in DCS) not sure if this system in particular can fire other M242 25x137mm rounds (such as M791 APDS-T or M919 APFSDS-T).

As mentioned in the annotations, the C-Lite director (with EO + IR + Laser Rangefinder) isn't implemented, nor is it animated.

• The Mk15 Phalanx Block 1B CIWS does function in DCS, however is using the wrong ammunition and none of its own sensors are modelled.

The Phalanx features its own RADAR system, comprising of 2 antennae.

The one at the top (inside the hemispherical section of the radome) is a K/Ku-band 3D search RADAR (essentially operating in a TWS mode, and able to determine target speed, heading, range and altitude) which can rotate through 360°.

The larger, Ku-band tracking RADAR is in the cylindrical section of the radome; this handles precise target tracking and fire control (it can even track the rounds leaving the barrel to correct for errors). The search RADAR hands off the target to the tracking RADAR once certain criteria have been met (i.e target decreasing range, predicted to hit the ship or go near it - even accounting for possible manoeuvring).

EOSS is a small FLIR system, primarily intended to enable the Phalanx to fire in a ASuW mode against small craft.

• The Mk36 SRBOC chaff/flare launcher can fire the following:
    • Mk214 Sea Gnat Seduction Chaff
    • Mk216 Sea Gnat Distraction Chaff
    • Mk245 GIANT Flare

I have no idea what the practical difference of seduction and distraction chaff is, if there's anyone who does who can help out that would be great. Non-functional in DCS, none of the countermeasures are present.

EDIT: Chaff for seduction is meant to lure AShMs into essentially a 'kill box' where an AAW ship can shoot them down, and chaff for distraction is simply supposed to decoy an AShM away.

There is another type chaff for confusion, this is supposed to present numerous false targets on a RADAR scope, I guess it can kinda be thought of as a multiple target repeater, but as more of a passive device.

• The AN/SPY-1D MFR (which I'm pretty sure is an AN/SPY-1D(V) w. ABM mod - which is required for the RIM-161 SM-3) in DCS, as said in the annotations, isn't present - DCS instead uses the MPQ-53 STR/FCR of the Patriot system. This is quite disappointing, as the 2 are very different. For starters, the SPY-1D is more capable, and has a surface-search mode.

Mind you, DCS doesn't model PESA phased array RADARs any differently from any other RADAR. 

• The AN/SLQ-32(V)3 ECM system provides both ESM/ELINT, OECM and DECM.

• AN/SPS-64(V)9 and AN/SPS-67(V)3 surface-search and navigation RADARs are both approximated in DCS as 'ticonderoga search radar" using the mast-height for the Ticonderoga's AN/SPS-64 and AN/SPS-67.

Would be better if each RADAR antenna got its own dedicated entry, with mast-height entry on the vessel, not the RADAR (as different ships might have different mast heights for the same RADAR).

Refloting the post. From the Naval SITREP issue 60 Arleigh-Burke Flt. IIA top mast.

Captura de pantalla 2021-08-22 120607.jpg

- AN/URC-107(V)7 Link 16 TDL: Data Link 16 used on US Navy Ships (Real Time) with Link 16 network. 25 Nm vs LOS ships, 300 Nm vs LOS aircrafts, Beyond LOS can Relay, SATCOM capability, LPI, compatible with Link 11. Real time system.

- AN/SRQ-4 Hawklink: Datalink use to conect with Hawklink emisors on SH-60/SH-60F (Hawklink ARQ-44) or MH-60 (Hawklink ARQ-66). Estimate 100 nm range vs LOS Surface ships. Only a ship at time. ARQ-44 has Near Real Time, ARQ-66 Real time system.

- AN/USG-2B Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC): Fleet Ships Datalink with Aegis ship capability to guide SM anti air series missiles launched from others Aegis ships vs targets in range. Estimate 25 Nm vs LOS ships, 300 Nm vs LOS aircrafts. Real Time system.

-Link 4/4B: Ship to Air datalink, 200 Nm vs LOS aircrafts. Near real time system.

-Link 11 Ship to Ship / Air datalink, 25 Nm vs LOS ships, 150 Nm vs LOS air, Beyond LOS 300 Nm. Near real time system.

DDG-85 by America´s Navy (Harpoon V)

Arleigh Burke Flight IIA DDG
Displacement: see remarks, In Class: 46
Size Class: B/Medium, In Service: 2000
Propulsion: COGAG/CPP, Crew: 380
Electrn Cnt: 3rd Gen J&D, Acoustic Cnt: 2nd Gen T
Signature: Small/Quiet, Armor Rating: 0

Weapons: Cbt Sys: Gen 6 Automatic
F&A(8)4 fwd & (8)8 aft Mk41 VLS w/96 msls total, typical 72 SM2MR, 4 VL ASROC, 20 Tomahawk or 36 SM2MR, 4 VL ASROC, 56 Tomahawk // F/2A 3 SPG-62 D
F(1)1 Mk45 Mod 4 5in/62 // see remarks (0.9) C
F/A(R)2 Mk15 Phalanx Blk I (2@7.6A) C
PB/SB(3)2 Mk32 324mm TT w/3 Mk46 Mod 5A(SW) F
Aft Pad(1)2 SH-60 Seahawk B

Sensors: ES: 3rd Gen
SPY-1D, SPS-67(V)3, SPS-64 (DDG 79-86), BridgeMaster E (use Nav radar Generic S-band) (DDG 87-112)
SQS-53C, SQR-19(V)3 towed array K
Link 4/4A, Link 11, Link 16, USG-2A CEC (85-95), USG-2B (96-112), Hawklink (ARQ-59) L
3rd Gen FLIR (DDG 82 - 84) or 4th Gen FLIR/laser rf (DDG 85 - 112), SRS-1 Combat DF --

Radar system:

- BridgeMaster  (use Nav radar Generic S-band)

Nav: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 35/25/14/8/4

Gen: 4 OIC:?  Remarks: None

- SPQ-9B

SS/GFS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 30/30/20/11/6

LAS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 45/45/45/18/5

Gen: 4 OIC: 2002 Remarks: None

- SPS-64

Nav: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 48/35/20/11/6

Gen: 3 OIC: ? Remarks: None

- SPS-67 V(3)/V(5)

SS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 68/53/30/17/9

LAS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 35/35/32/13/4

Gen: 4 OIC: 1991 Remarks: None

SPY-1D

3D: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 250/250/158/63/19

SS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 40/40/25/14/8

Gen: 5 OIC:?  Remarks: None

Sonar System:

- SQS-53C

Type: Bow Base Active Range: 5.3 Nm Base Passive Range: 2.3 Gen:5 Freq Band (superscripg active band): LMFa-MF Platform: Surface IOC:? Remarks: CZ (Convergence zone), BB (Bottom Bounce) Capability

- SQR-19(V)3 towed array

Type: Towed Base Active Range: N/A Nm Base Passive Range: 7.0 Gen: 6 Freq Band (superscripg active band): VLF-LF Platform: Surface IOC:1987 Remarks: Long, High Speed Towed Array.

- TB-37 MFTA Multipropose Towed Array

Type: Towed Base Active Range: N/A Nm Base Passive Range: 8.0 Gen: 7 Freq Band (superscripg active band): VLF-LMF Platform: Surface IOC:? Remarks: Long, High Speed Towed Array.

Datalink System:

- AN/URC-107(V)7 Link 16 TDL: Data Link 16 used on US Navy Ships (Real Time) with Link 16 network. 25 Nm vs LOS ships, 300 Nm vs LOS aircrafts, Beyond LOS can Relay, SATCOM capability, LPI, compatible with Link 11. Real time system.

- AN/SRQ-4 Hawklink: Datalink use to conect with Hawklink emisors on SH-60/SH-60F (Hawklink ARQ-44) or MH-60 (Hawklink ARQ-66). Estimate 100 nm range vs LOS Surface ships. Only a ship at time. ARQ-44 has Near Real Time, ARQ-66 Real time system.

- AN/USG-2B Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC): Fleet Ships Datalink with Aegis ship capability to guide SM anti air series missiles launched from others Aegis ships vs targets in range. Estimate 25 Nm vs LOS ships, 300 Nm vs LOS aircrafts. Real Time system.

-Link 4/4B: Ship to Air datalink, 200 Nm vs LOS aircrafts. Near real time system.

-Link 11 Ship to Ship / Air datalink, 25 Nm vs LOS ships, 150 Nm vs LOS air, Beyond LOS 300 Nm. Near real time system.

Weapons systems:

- Mk15 Phalanx Blk IA:

Shell: APDS / AAA attack: Max Alt: Low Range: 2.5 kyds AA Rating (only a reference): 3.79 Remarks: Autonomous Gun System, Seaskimmer capable, no penalty for engaging VLow targes, No local control option.

- Mk15 Phalanx Blk IB:

Shell: APDS / Surface Attack: Short Range: 0-1.2 kyds, B-Pen: 2 Dam: 3.0, Med Range 1.3-3 kyds B-Pen: 2 Dam: 2.6 Long Range: 3.1-4.8 B/D Pen: 1/0 Dam: 1.8 Extreme range: 4.9-6 Pen B/D Pen: 1/1 Dam:1.9 / AAA Attack: Max Alt: Low Range: 2.5 kyds AA Rating (only a reference): 3.79 Remarks: Autonomous Gun System, Seaskimmer capable, no penalty for engaging VLow targes, No local control option.

- Mk41 VLS

w/72 or 36 SM2MR SM2MR Blk IIIB:

Guiadance: I/M/TIRH&TSARH Gen:4 Air Range: 3-90 Nm ATA Rating: 3.5 Surface Range: 3.0-25 Nm Damage (reference): 26+D6/3 Pen(cm): 5 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-VHi Speed: 2006 Knots Signature: Vsmall OIC: 1999? Remarks: None.

w/72 or 36 RIM-? SM2MR Blk IIIC:

Guiadance: I/M/TSARH&TARH Gen:5 Air Range: 3-90 Nm ATA Rating: 4.0 Surface Range: 3.0-25 Nm Damage (reference): 26+D6/3 Pen(cm): 5 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-VHi Speed: 2006 Knots Signature: Vsmall OIC: dev? Remarks: None.

w/ 4 VL ASROC / RUM-139A Vertical Launch ASROC:

Range: 2.5 - 12 Speed: 660 knots Payload: Mk46 Mod 5A torpedo IOC: 1993 - 2001 Remarks: Mk41 & 48 VLS. Inertial guidance. All units updated to RUM-139B 1996 - 2001

w/ 4 VL ASROC / RUM-139B Vertical Launch ASROC:

Range: 2.5 - 12 Speed: 660 knots Payload: Mk46 Mod 5A(SW) torpedo IOC: 1996 Remarks: Mk41 & 48 VLS. Inertial guidance.

w/ 4 VL ASROC / RUM-139C Vertical Launch ASROC

Range: 2.5 - 12 Speed: 660 knots Payload: Mk54 torpedo IOC: 2010 Remarks: Mk41 & 48 VLS. Inertial guidance.

w/ 20 or 56 Tomahawk RGM/UGM-109D Tomahawk Blk IIIB (TLAM-D)

Guiadance: I&Sat/DSMAC II/D2+ Gen: None Air Range: N/A Nm ATA Rating: N/A Surface Range: 25 - 700 Nm Damage (reference): D6/3 Pen(cm): 11 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow Cruise Speed: 475 Knots Signature: Stealthy OIC: 1994 Remarks: Cluster Warhead, Airbrust Damage.

w/ 20 or 56 Tomahawk RGM/UGM-109E Tactical Tomahawk Blk IV

Guiadance: I&Sat/M/DSMAC IAI/T1+ Gen: None Air Range: N/A Nm ATA Rating: N/A Surface Range: 25 - 900 Nm Damage (reference): 51+D6 Pen(cm): 11 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow Cruise Speed: 475 Knots Signature: Stealthy OIC: 2004 Remarks: None.

w/ 20 or 56 Tomahawk RGM/UGM-109E Tactical Tomahawk Blk Va (Maritime Strike Tomahawk)

Guiadance: I&Sat/M/PRH/4 Gen: None Air Range: N/A Nm ATA Rating: N/A Surface Range: 25 - 700 Nm Damage (reference): 45+D6 Pen(cm): 10 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow Cruise Speed: 475 Knots Signature: Stealthy OIC: 2023 Remarks: Cluster Warhead, Airbrust Damage.

w/32 RIM-162 ESSM:

Guiadance: SARH Gen:3 Air Range: 5-18 Nm ATA Rating: 3.5 Surface Range: 05-18 Nm Damage (reference): 23+D6/3 Pen(cm): 4 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-Med Speed: 2250 Knots Signature: Vsmall OIC: 2004 Remarks: “ESSM” stands for “Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile.”.

w/32 RIM-162 ESSM Blk I:

Guiadance: SARH Gen:3 Air Range: 5-18 Nm ATA Rating: 3.5 Surface Range: 05-18 Nm Damage (reference): 23+D6/3 Pen(cm): 4 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-Med Speed: 2250 Knots Signature: Vsmall OIC: ? Remarks: “ESSM” stands for “Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile.”.

w/32 RIM-162 ESSM Blk II:

Guiadance: SARH/TARH Gen:4 Air Range: 0-27 Nm ATA Rating: 4.0 Surface Range: ?-27 Nm Damage (reference): 17+D6/3 Pen(cm): 4 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-High Speed: 2250 Knots Signature: Vsmall OIC: 2020 Remarks: “ESSM” stands for “Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile.”.

w/6 RIM-174 SM6 ERAM Blk I:

Guiadance: I/M/TSARH&TARH Gen:5 Air Range: 6-200 Nm ATA Rating: 4.5 Surface Range: 6-200 Nm Damage (reference): 30+D6/2 Pen(cm): 4 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-RHigh Speed: 2006 Knots Signature: Vsmall OIC: 2013 Remarks: Can attack both aerodynamic and exo-atmospheric targets.

w/6 RIM-174 SM6 ERAM Blk IA:

Guiadance: I&Sat/M/TSARH&TARH Gen:5 Air Range: 6-200 Nm ATA Rating: 5.0 Surface Range: 6-200 Nm Damage (reference): 30+D6/2 Pen(cm): 4 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-RHigh Speed: 2006 Knots Signature: Vsmall OIC: ? Remarks: Can attack both aerodynamic and exo-atmospheric targets.

- Mk45 5in/54

Shell: HE / Surface Attack: Short Range: 0-7.6 kyds, B-Pen: 2 Dam: 25, Med Range 7.7-15.5 kyds B-Pen: 1 Dam: 21 Long Range: 15.6-20.2 B/D Pen: 1/0 Dam: 19 Extreme range: 20.3-25.3 Pen B/D Pen: 1/1 Dam: 17 AAA attack: Max Alt: High Range: 10.4 kyds AA Rating (only a reference): 0.56 Remarks: No local control option.

- Mk45 Mod 4 5in/62

Shell: HE / Surface Attack: Short Range: 0-7.8 kyds, B-Pen: 2 Dam: 24, Med Range 7.9-15.5 kyds B-Pen: 1 Dam: 20 Long Range: 15.6-20.7 B/D Pen: 1/0 Dam: 18 Extreme range: 20.8-25.9 Pen B/D Pen: 1/1 Dam: 16 AAA attack: Max Alt: High Range: 12.0 kyds AA Rating (only a reference): 0.46 Remarks: No local control option.

- Mk32 324mm TT

w/3 Mk46 Mod 5A(SW) Torpedoe:

Type: Active / Passive Gen: 3 Range: 6.0 Nm Speed: 45 Knots / Range: 8.0 Nm Speed: 30 Knots Diameter: 324mm Warhead Fuzing: C Damage vs Ship: N/A Damage vs Submarine: 52 Launch Platforms: Surf, Air, Msl IOC: 1996 Max Depth: Deep I Weight Kg: 231 Propulsion: Thermal Remarks: Shallow-water capable.

w/3 Mk54 Torpedoe:
Type: Active / Passive Gen: 4 Range: 12 Nm Speed: 45 Knots / Range: 16 Speed: 30 Knots Diameter: 324mm Warhead Fuzing: C Damage vs Ship: N/A Damage vs Submarine: 52 Launch Platforms: Surf, Air IOC: 2005 Max Depth: Deep I Weight Kg: 285/292 Propulsion: Thermal Remarks: Shallow-water capable, Weights are for helicopter/fixed wing carriage.

Remarks:
DDG 79-112, DDG 79-84 displ 9238 fl, DDG 85-90 9300 fl, DDG 91-112 9400 lt. Mk45 uses SPY-1 for AA and SPS-67 or EO/laser rangefinder for surface fire. Broad hull, treat as A-sized ship for helicopter launch and recovery, fitted with RAST. CHP armor rating for Sensors, CIC, Mk41, Mk45 is 5. Provision for PB&SB(4)2 Harpoon.
• DDG 79, 80 have Mk45 5in/54 (1.1). DDG 81-84 has F/A Phalanx, DDG 85-112 have aft Phalanx only. DDG 91-112 have 4th Gen J&D
• Jul 02: ESSM available on DDG 85-112 as standard, DDG 79-84 fitted 2004-06. 32 ESSM replace 8 SM2MR.
• 2004: DDG-82 fitted with USG-2A CEC data link.
• May 04: Tactical Tomahawk available.
• 2005: DDG- 80, 83, 84 fitted with USG-2B CEC data link.
• 2006: DDG-79, 81 fitted with USG-2B CEC data link.
• 2008: Fitted with Scan Eagle UAV. Carried in torpedo magazine vice an estimated six torpedoes. Launched and recovered from helo pad.
• 2009: DDG-82 USG-2A CEC antenna replaced by USG-2B.
• 2009-17: Refits with Mk54 torpedoes, MH-60R vice SH-60B, TB-37 MFTA towed array added. SH-60B retired 2015. First DDG-87 Sep 09.
• Sep 12 - Nov 14: Donald Cook (DDG-75) fitted with 4th Gen J&D and six stationary distraction decoys.
• Nov 13: Six SM6 replace six SM2MR.
• 2014: DDG-109 fitted with SPQ-9B replacing SPS-67.
• Jul 15: DDG-96 fitted with 4th Gen ES.
• 2017-21: Refits with 6 SM6 replacing 6 SM2MR, SPY-1D can detect and engage air and BMD targets at same time (3rd Gen BMD), Phalanx Blk IB, 4th Gen J&D, 4th Gen FLIR/laser rf (can direct Mk45).
DDG-80 2017-18, DDG-79 2018-22, DDG 83 2019-20, DDG 84, 85 2019-20, DDG 87 2019-21.
• Nov 19: DDG-105 fitted with F SEQ-4 ODIN laser dazzler integrated to combat system.
• Oct 20 - Feb 22: DDG-88 refit possibly includes F HELIOS integrated to combat system. Can be used as laser dazzler or as a 5th generation FLIR with laser rangefinder.
• 2020s: To be fitted SM6 remote engagement.

Damage & Speed Breakdown:
DP (79-84): 0 84 169 253 303 337
DP (85-90): 0 85 169 254 304 338
DP (91-112): 0 85 171 256 307 341
Surf Speed: 32 24 16 8 0 Sinks

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Russians ships by Russia´s Navy (Harpoon V)

spacer.pngCGN-Pyotr-Velikiyzz.png

Project 1144.2 Pyotr Velikiy CGN
Displacement: 24610 std, In Class: 1
Size Class: A/Large, In Service: 1998
Propulsion: CONAS, Crew: 840
Electrn Cnt: 3rd Gen J&D, Acoust Cnt: 2nd Gen D
Signature: Large/Noisy, Armor Rating: 0

Weapons: Cbt Sys: Gen 5 Automatic
PB&SB(20)1 P-700 Granit D
F&A(1)12 S-300FM Fort-M w/8 48N6 and 48N6DMK (96 msls total) // F 1 30N6, A 1 3R41 Volna D
A(1)8 Kinzhal w/8 9M330//3P95 D
A(2)1 AK-130 130mm/70//MR-184 (3.0) C
PW/P/PA/SW/S/SA(2R&8)6 Kortik w/32 msls // 6 3P87 (6@8.8A) C, D
F(10)1 RBU 12000 (UDAV-1) w/6 salvoes E
P/S(6)2 RBU 1000 Smerch-3 w/5 salvoes E
P/S(5)2 533mm TT w/5 SET-65K or 83RN Vodopad F, E
Aft Pad(1)3 Ka-27 Helix A B
1 Elevator -

Sensors: ES: 3rd Gen
MR-800 Flag, MR-750 Fregat-M2, 3 MR-212/201 Vaygach-U, 2 MR-350 Podkat (PS/SS), 3P95 (A) J
MGK-355 Polinom, MGK-355TA Polinom-T K
Legenda, Uspekh, Sea-1144 L
Laser Warning sensor --

Radar Systems:

- 3P87 [Hot Flash]

GFC: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): N/A

Gen: 4 OIC:?  Remarks: None

- 3P95 [Cross Sword]

LAS / MFC: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 24/24/24/16/5

Gen: 4 OIC:1989  Remarks: None

- 3R41 Volna [Top Dome]

MFC: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 54/54/54/22/6

Gen: 3 OIC:1984  Remarks: None

- 30N6 [Tomb Stone]

MFC: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): N/A

Gen: 4 OIC: early 90s  Remarks: None

- MR-184 Lev-218 [Kite Screech B]

GFC: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 42/24/13/8/4

Gen: 3 OIC:early 80s  Remarks: None

- MR-212/201 Vaygach-U [Palm Frond]

SS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 25/25/18/10/6

Gen: 3 OIC:1976  Remarks: None

- MR-231-3 Vaygach

Nav: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 20/20/13/7/3.9

- MR-350 Podkat [Strut Pair C]

LAS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 27/27/27/11/3

SS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 25/25/20/11/6

Gen: 4 OIC:1983  Remarks: None

MR-750 Fregat-M2

3D: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 81/81/67/27/8

Gen: 4 OIC:1982  Remarks: None

- MR-800 Flag [Top Pair]

3D: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 270/189/135/54/16

Gen: 4 OIC:1980  Remarks: None

Sonar Systems:

- MGK-355 Polinom

[Horse Jaw]

Type: Bow Base Active Range: 5.5 Nm Base Passive Range: 2.0 Gen:4 Freq Band (superscripg active band): LMFa-MF Platform: Surface IOC:1979 Remarks: Kirov, Kuznetsov, Goshkov, Udaloy

[Horse Tail]

Type: VDS Base Active Range: 4.5 Nm Base Passive Range: 2.8 Gen:4 Freq Band (superscripg active band): LMFa-MF Platform: Surface IOC:1979 Remarks: Kirov & Udaloy

- MGK-355TA Polinom-T

Type: Keel Base Active Range: 1.5 Nm Base Passive Range: 2.0 Gen:4 Freq Band (superscripg active band): MFa-HF Platform: Surface IOC:1979 Remarks: Can detect torpedoes with active sonar.

Datalink Systems:
- MKRTS Legenda: Multifuntion Data link. Satcom capable, Time Late satelite based system when relay from shore. Real time satelite based system when direct link to ship.  

- Uspekh: Air to Ship data link. Receive data from Tu-95RT and Ka25Ts, 80 Nm LOS vs Small and Vsmall ships. 175 Nm LOS vs Medium and Large ships. Real time datalink.

- Sea-1144: Ship to Ship / Air data link. 25 Nm LOS vs ships. 100 Nm LOS vs Aircrafts. Compatible with Sea series and Troynik Datalinks. Real Time Data link.

Weapons Systems:

* Guns:

- AK-130 130mm/70

Shell: HE / Surface Attack: Short Range: 0-7.5 kyds, B-Pen: 2 Dam: 26, Med Range 7.6-15.1 kyds B-Pen: 1 Dam: 22 Long Range: 15.2-20.1 B/D Pen: 1/1 Dam: 20 Extreme range: 20.2-25.2 Pen B/D Pen: 1/1 Dam:18 / AAA Attack: Max Alt: High Range: 16.4 kyds AA Rating (only a reference): .85 Remarks: None

* Combined Gun Missiles:

- Kortik AO-18K 30mm/54 

Shell: HE / Surface Attack: Short Range: 0-1.8 kyds, B-Pen: 0 Dam: 4, Med Range 1.9-4.4 kyds B-Pen: 0 Dam: 4 Long Range: 4.5-7.1 B/D Pen: 0/0 Dam: 3 Extreme range: 7.2-8.9 Pen B/D Pen: 0/0 Dam: 3 / AAA Attack: Max Alt: Low Range: 3.6 kyds AA Rating (only a reference): 5.05 Remarks: Autonomous gun system, Seaskimmer capable, no penalty for engaging VLow air targets, No local control option.

w/32 Kortik (9M311) [SA-N-11 Grison] msls

Guiadance: Cmd Gen:3 Air Range: 1.3 - 4.3 Nm ATA Rating: 2.5 Tgts @ Msls/ Director: 2@2 Surface Range: N/A Damage (reference): N/A Pen(cm): N/A Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-Med Speed: 1749 Knots Signature: Vsmall OIC: 1989 Remarks: Four array faces, 4 tgts@2 msls each.
* Missiles SAM/SSM: 
-P-700 Granit (3M45) [SS-N-19 Shipwreck]:

Guiadance: MCh/TARH Gen:3

Hi-Low flight path: Surface Range: 300 Mn Damage (reference): 70+D6 Pen(cm): 84 Envolvement/Flight Path: High Cruiser Speed: 160 Knots
Low-Low flight path: Surface Range: 180 Nm Damage (reference): 64+D6 Pen(cm): 49 Envolvement/Flight Path: Low Cruiser Speed: 1056 Knots

Signature: Small OIC: 1981 Remarks: Nuclear Warhead Option 350 kt, Guiadance has Scout mode, Terminal evasive maneuvers, Long-range seeker Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 100/100/57/31/17 Gen 3 OIC: 1981, 2nd Gen defensive ECM, After detection descend to Vlow at 1056 Knots.

Remarks:
- Multichannel Guidance (MCh):
This is a combination of Inertial, Passive Radar Homing, and Active Radar Homing. The missile can switch modes as needed without human direction. The shooter can also tell the missile’s passive radar seeker to look for a specific hostile radar. After launch, the missile will listen for the specified radar and if it detects the radar, the missile will begin to home in on it. If the missile doesn’t detect the radar by the time it reaches its enable point, it will automatically search with its radar seeker (see Russian long-range radar seekers in this section). The missile will search until it detects a target, then loads that location into its inertial guidance and turns its seeker off until the turn it reaches its target.

- Scout mode:
Some missiles can pass information on to other missiles in the same salvo as they proceed toward a target. They can also coordinate their attacks according to a
priority preset by the shooter. When a salvo of missiles with scout capability is fired, one missile (the scout) will search for the target while the rest remain electronically silent and concealed. The scout will use its active radar (see long range seekers above), or if the missiles have more than one flight profile, will fly at the highest altitude to maximize the chance for an ES detection. If the scout detects a target, it will send the information to the other missiles in the salvo. If the scout is shot down, another missile in the same salvo will take over the role.

- S-300FM Fort-M [SA-N-20 Gargoyle] (96 msls total):

w/8 48N6

Guiadance: TVM Gen:3 Air Range: 1.6 - 81 Nm ATA Rating: 3.5 Tgts @ Msls/ Director: 6@2 Surface Range: 1.6 - 19.0 Damage (reference): 55+D6/3 Pen(cm): 64 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-VHigh Speed: 3690 Knots Signature: VSmall OIC: 1998 Remarks: Nuclar warhead option 5 kT, Director Cover 120º arc.
and w/ 48N6DMK 

Guiadance: TVM Gen:4 Air Range: 1.3 - 135 Nm ATA Rating: 3.5 Tgts @ Msls/ Director: 6@2 Surface Range: N/A Damage (reference): N/A Pen(cm): N/A Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-High Speed: 4080 Knots Signature: VSmall OIC: 2015 Remarks: None.

- Kinzhal (9M330) [SA-N-9 Gauntlet]

w/8 9M330

Guiadance: Cmd Gen:3 Air Range: 0.8 - 6.5 Nm ATA Rating: 2.5 Tgts @ Msls/ Director: 4@2 Surface Range: N/A Damage (reference): N/A Pen(cm): N/A Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-High Speed: 1675 Knots Signature: VSmall OIC: 1989 Remarks: Four array faces, 4 tgts@2 msls each.

* Ahead-Thrown Weapons:

+ ASW Mortars:

-2 RBU 1000 Smerch-3 (RGB-10)

w/5 salvoes Range 0.1 - 0.5 Ph: 5% Nº of Projectiles: 16 Warhead kg: 55 Damage Points: 8 Attacks / Tac Turn: 1 IOC: 1961 Remars: 16 * 305mm, auto loading
+ ASW DC Launchers:
- 1 RBU 12000 (UDAV-1)

w/6 salvoes Range 0.2 - 3.4 Ph: 20% Damage Points: Mayor: 8 Minor: 4 Attacks / Tac Turn: 1 IOC: 1989 Remars: 10-round pattern

* Torpedo Tubes:

533mm TT

+ Standoff Weapons

w/5 83R/83RN Vodopad [SS-N-15a Starfish]

Range: 5.4 - 27 Nm Speed: 1000 Knots Payload: UMGT-1/1M torpedo IOC: 1981 Remarks: RN version fired from surface ships

w/ UMGT-1/AT-3 Orlan

Type: Active / Passive Gen: 2 Range: 4.3 Nm Speed: 41 Knots Diameter: 400mm Warhead Fuzing: I Damage vs Ship: N/A Damage vs Submarine: 50 Launch Platforms: Air, Msl IOC: 1981 Max Depth: Int V Weight Kg: 710 Propulsion: Electric Remarks: Payload for 85RU, 83R, 86R.

or/ MGT-1M/AT-3M

Type: Active / Passive Gen: 3 Range: 4.3 Nm Speed: 41 Knots Diameter: 400mm Warhead Fuzing: I Damage vs Ship: N/A Damage vs Submarine: 52 Launch Platforms: Air, Msl IOC: 1991 Max Depth: Int V Weight Kg: 710 Propulsion: Electric Remarks: Shallow-water capable, Payload for 85RU, 83R, 86R.

+ Torpedoes:

w/5 SET-65K

Type: Active / Passive Gen: 3 Range: 8.2 Nm Speed: 40 Knots Diameter: 533mm Warhead Fuzing: I Damage vs Ship: N/A Damage vs Submarine: 93 Launch Platforms: Surf, Sub IOC: 1990 Max Depth: Int IV Weight Kg: 1700 Propulsion: Electric Remarks: None.

or 53-65 torpedoes

Type: Wake-H Gen: 1 Range: 8.2 Nm Speed: 70 Knots / Range: 12.0 Nm Speed: 44 Diameter: 533mm Warhead Fuzing: I Damage vs Ship: 150 Damage vs Submarine: N/A Launch Platforms: Surf, Sub IOC: 1965 Max Depth: P/S Weight Kg: 2700 Propulsion: HTP Remarks: None.

Remarks:
Fourth unit of Project 1144 Orlan (Kirov) class. Keel laid as Yuri Andropov, renamed Petr Veliky 27 May 92.

Additional F(1)8 Kinzhal w/8 9M330/3P95 provided for in the design but not fitted.

Total of 30 torps/msls carried for TT, can carry 53-65K torpedoes.

CHP armor rating for P-700 magazines, CIC, and Bridge is 7. CHP armor rating for helicopter hangar and Rudder is 5.

Fitted with stabilizers. Steam plant is an auxiliary propulsion system that can provide 17 knots max speed.

Two salvoes for the RBU 12000 are 1st Gen ATT defense. Northern Fleet.
• Sep 15 - May 16: Refitted, MR-231-3 Vaygach added.

Dam Pts: 0 162 325 487 584 649
Surf Speed: 31 23 16 8 0 Sinks

Edited by Silver_Dragon

CG-Moskvazz.png

Project 1164 Atlant CG
Displacement: 9380 std, In Class: 3 + 1
Size Class: B/Medium, In Service: 1983
Propulsion: COGOG, Crew: 485
Electrn Cnt: 2nd Gen J&D, Acoust Cnt: None
Signature: Med/Noisy, Armor Rating: 0

Weapons: Cbt Sys: Gen 4 Semi-Automatic

PB&SB(2)8 P-500 Bazalt // Argon guidance link D
A(1)8 S-300 Fort w/8 5V55R // 3R41 Volna D
PS/SS(2)2 Osa-MA w/20 msls // 2 MPZ-301 Baza D
F(2)1 AK-130 130mm/70 // MR-184 (2.6) C
F/P/S(R)6 AK-630 30mm // 3 MR-123 (3@8.8) C
P/S(5)2 533mm TT w/5 SET-65M F
F(12)2 RBU 6000 Smerch-2 w/6 salvoes E
Aft Pad(1)1 Ka-25Ts Hormone B or Ka-27PL Helix A B

Sensors: ES: 2nd Gen
MR-800 Flag, 3 MR-212/201 Vaygach-U, 2 MPZ-301 Baza (PS/SS) J
MR-710M Fregat-M (Slava, Chervona Ukraina) J
MR-750 Fregat-M2 (Lobov) J
MGK-335 Platina K 
Legenda, Uspekh, Sea-1164 L

Radar Systems:

- 3R41 Volna [Top Dome]

MFC: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 54/54/54/22/6

Gen: 3 OIC:1984  Remarks: None

- Fregat-M2M

3D: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 162/162/124/49/15

SS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 27/27/22/13/7

Gen: 5 OIC:?  Remarks: None

- MR-123 Vympel [Bass Tilt]

GFC: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 42/24/13/8/4.2

Gen: 3 OIC:?  Remarks: None

- MR-123-02 / 3 Bagira

GFC: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 24/24/13/8/4

Gen: 3 OIC:2017  Remarks: Autonomous Fire Control

- MR-184 Lev-218 [Kite Screech B]

GFC: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 42/24/13/8/4

Gen: 3 OIC:early 80s  Remarks: None

- MR-212/201 Vaygach-U [Palm Frond]

SS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 25/25/18/10/6

- MR-650 Podvevezovik T1 [Flat Screen]

3D: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 270/226/162/65/19

Gen: 4 OIC:1989  Remarks: None

- MR-750 Fregat-M2

3D: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 81/81/67/27/8

SS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 25/25/20/11/6

Gen: 4 OIC:1982  Remarks: None

- MR-800 Flag [Top Pair]

3D: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 270/189/135/54/16

SS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 25/25/20/11/6

Gen: 4 OIC:1980  Remarks: None

- MPZ-301 Baza [Pop Group]

LAS, MFC: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 22/22/22/15/4.4

Gen: 3 OIC:1973  Remarks: None

- Pal-N1 (Generic Nav radar)

SS: Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 36/25/14/8/4

Gen: 3 OIC:N/A  Remarks: None

Sonar Systems:

- MGK-335 Platina [Bull Horn]

Type: Bow Base Active Range: 3.8 Nm Base Passive Range: 1.0 Gen: 4 Freq Band (superscripg active band): LMF-MFa Platform: Surface IOC: 1976 Remarks: Update Titan 2 (MG-332)

Piranha [Steel hide]

Type:  VLS Active Range: 3.0 Nm Base Passive Range: 1.0 Gen: 4 Freq Band (superscripg active band): LMF-MFa Platform: Surface

- Zarya-2

Type: Bow Base Active Range: 3.5 Nm Base Passive Range: 1.2 Gen: 7 Freq Band (superscripg active band): LMF-MFa Platform: Surface IOC: 2008 Remarks: None

Datalink Systems:

- MKRTS Legenda: Multifuntion Data link. Satcom capable, Time Late satelite based system when relay from shore. Real time satelite based system when direct link to ship.  

- Uspekh: Air to Ship data link. Receive data from Tu-95RT and Ka25Ts, 80 Nm LOS vs Small and Vsmall ships. 175 Nm LOS vs Medium and Large ships. Real time datalink.

- Sea-1164: Same as Sea-1144. Ship to Ship / Air data link. 25 Nm LOS vs ships. 100 Nm LOS vs Aircrafts. Compatible with Sea series and Troynik Datalinks. Real Time Data link.

Weapons Systems:

* Guns:

- AK-130 130mm/70

Shell: HE / Surface Attack: Short Range: 0-7.5 kyds, B-Pen: 2 Dam: 26, Med Range 7.6-15.1 kyds B-Pen: 1 Dam: 22 Long Range: 15.2-20.1 B/D Pen: 1/1 Dam: 20 Extreme range: 20.2-25.2 Pen B/D Pen: 1/1 Dam:18 / AAA Attack: Max Alt: High Range: 16.4 kyds AA Rating (only a reference): .85 Remarks: None

AK-630 30mm/54
Shell: HE / Surface Attack: Short Range: 0-1.8 kyds, B-Pen: 0 Dam: 4, Med Range 1.9-4.4 kyds B-Pen: 0 Dam: 4 Long Range: 4.5-7.1 B/D Pen: 0/0 Dam: 3 Extreme range: 7.2-8.9 Pen B/D Pen: 0/0 Dam:3 / AAA Attack: Max Alt: Low Range: 3.6 kyds AA Rating (only a reference): 2.52 Remarks: Seaskimmer capable, no penalty for engage VLow air targets.

* SAM/SSM Missiles:

- P-500 Bazalt (4M80) [SS-N-12 Mod 1 Sandbox] // Argon guidance link

Guiadance: I or Cmd/TARH Gen:2 Surface Range: 12-300 Mn Damage (reference): 70+D6 Pen(cm): 88 Envolvement/Flight Path: High Cruiser Speed: 1650 Knots
Signature: Small OIC: 1973 Remarks: Nuclear Warhead Option 350 kt, Long-range seeker Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 70/70/40/22/12 Gen 2 , IOC: 1973, 1st Gen defensive ECM.

Remarks:
+ Argon guiadance link

two-way real-time guidance link that allows the operator to see what the missile sees, and send it course corrections. The unit sending the signals must have radar line of sight to the missile, but does not have to be the shooter.

- P-1000 Vulkan (3M70) [SS-N-12 Mod 2]:

Guiadance: MCh/TARH Gen:3

Hi-Low flight path: Surface Range: 378 Mn Damage (reference): 65+D6 Pen(cm): 89 Envolvement/Flight Path: High Cruiser Speed: 1620 Knots
Low-Low flight path: Surface Range: 137 Nm Damage (reference): 60+D6 Pen(cm): 52 Envolvement/Flight Path: Low Cruiser Speed: 1056 Knots

Signature: Small OIC: 1987 Remarks: Nuclear Warhead Option 350 kt, Guiadance has Scout mode, Long-range seeker Detection (Large/Med/Small/Vsmall/Stealthy): 100/100/57/31/17 Gen 3 OIC: 1987, 2nd Gen defensive ECM.

Remarks:

+ Multichannel Guidance (MCh):
This is a combination of Inertial, Passive Radar Homing, and Active Radar Homing. The missile can switch modes as needed without human direction. The shooter can also tell the missile’s passive radar seeker to look for a specific hostile radar. After launch, the missile will listen for the specified radar and if it detects the radar, the missile will begin to home in on it. If the missile doesn’t detect the radar by the time it reaches its enable point, it will automatically search with its radar seeker (see Russian long-range radar seekers). The missile will search until it detects a target, then loads that location into its inertial guidance and turns its seeker off until the turn it reaches its target.

+ Scout mode:
Some missiles can pass information on to other missiles in the same salvo as they proceed toward a target. They can also coordinate their attacks according to a
priority preset by the shooter. When a salvo of missiles with scout capability is fired, one missile (the scout) will search for the target while the rest remain electronically silent and concealed. The scout will use its active radar (see long range seekers above), or if the missiles have more than one flight profile, will fly at the highest altitude to maximize the chance for an ES detection. If the scout detects a target, it will send the information to the other missiles in the salvo. If the scout is shot down, another missile in the same salvo will take over the role.

+ Argon guiadance link

two-way real-time guidance link that allows the operator to see what the missile sees, and send it course corrections. The unit sending the signals must have radar line of sight to the missile, but does not have to be the shooter.

- (1)8 S-300F Fort (5V55R) [SA-N-6a Grumble]

w/8 5V55R msls

Guiadance: TVM Gen:3 Air Range: 2.7 - 40.5 Nm ATA Rating: 2.5 Tgts @ Msls/ Director: 6@2 Surface Range: 2.7 - 19.0 Damage (reference): 54+D6/3 Pen(cm): 18 Envolvement/Flight Path: PVLow-VHigh Speed: 3885 Knots Signature: VSmall OIC: 1983 Remarks: Nuclar warhead option 5 kT, Director Cover 120º arc.

or (1)8 S-300F Fort (5V55RD) [SA-N-6b Grumble]

w/8 5V55RD msls

Guiadance: TVM Gen:3 Air Range: 2.7 - 49.7 Nm ATA Rating: 3.0 Tgts @ Msls/ Director: 6@2 Surface Range: 2.7 - 19.0 Damage (reference): 54+D6/3 Pen(cm): 18 Envolvement/Flight Path: PVLow-VHigh Speed: 3885 Knots Signature: VSmall OIC: 1990 Remarks: Nuclar warhead option 5 kT, Director Cover 120º arc.

- (2)2 Osa-MA (9M33M2) [SA-N-4a Gecko]

w/20 9M33M2 msls

Guiadance: Cmd Gen:2 Air Range: 0.5 - 6.5 Nm ATA Rating: 2.5 Tgts @ Msls/ Director: 1@2 Surface Range: 0.5 - 6.5 Damage (reference): 1754+D6/3 Pen(cm): 2 Envolvement/Flight Path: PLow-Med Speed: 1650 Knots Signature: VSmall OIC: 1979 Remarks: None.

or (2)2 Osa-MA-2 (9M33M3) [SA-N-4a Gecko]

w/20 9M33M3 msls

Guiadance: Cmd Gen:2 Air Range: 0.5 - 6.5 Nm ATA Rating: 2.5 Tgts @ Msls/ Director: 1@2 Surface Range: 0.5 - 6.5 Damage (reference): 1754+D6/3 Pen(cm): 2 Envolvement/Flight Path: VLow-Med Speed: 1650 Knots Signature: VSmall OIC: 1980 Remarks: None.

* Ahead-Thrown Weapons

+ ASW Mortars:

- RBU 6000 Smerch-2 (RGB-60)

w/6 salvoes Range 0.2 - 3.1 Ph: 15% Nº of Project: 12 Warhead kg: 25 Damage Points: 6 Attacks / Tac Turn: 1 IOC: 1960 Remars: 12 * 212mm, auto loading

* Torpedo Tubes

(5)2 533mm TT

w/5 SET-65M

Type: Active / Passive Gen: 2 Range: 8.2 Nm Speed: 40 Knots Diameter: 533mm Warhead Fuzing: I Damage vs Ship: N/A Damage vs Submarine: 89 Launch Platforms: Surf, Sub IOC: 1972 Max Depth: Int IV Weight Kg: 1700 Propulsion: Electric Remarks: None.

or 53-65 torpedoes

Type: Wake-H Gen: 1 Range: 8.2 Nm Speed: 70 Knots / Range: 12.0 Nm Speed: 44 Diameter: 533mm Warhead Fuzing: I Damage vs Ship: 150 Damage vs Submarine: N/A Launch Platforms: Surf, Sub IOC: 1965 Max Depth: P/S Weight Kg: 2700 Propulsion: HTP Remarks: None.

+ Others:
Aft Pad(1)1 Ka-25Ts Hormone B or Ka-27PL Helix A

Remarks:
Black Sea Slava, Northern Marshal Ustinov (changed from orignal Adm. Flota Lobov during construction), Pacific Chervona Ukraina, Komsomolets (changed to Adm. Flota Lobov during construction, never completed.

Fitted with stabilizers.

Can carry 53-65K torpedoes.
Chervona Ukraina has P-1000 Vulkan replacing P-500 Bazalt, 3rd Gen J&D, 3rd Gen ES. CHP armor rating for AK-130, CIC is 2.
• Mar 91-Apr 00: Slava overhauled at Nikolayev. Refit extended because of funding problems. Renamed Moskva 1995 while in refit. Recommissioned as Black Sea fleet flagship. Operational Nov 2000. Probably fitted with P-1000 replacing P-500, probably had Osa-MA upgraded to Osa-MA-2 standard.
• 1992: Fort upgraded to Fort-M. 5V55RD missiles available.
• Dec 95: Chervona Ukraina renamed Varyag.
• Sep 94-Dec 97: Marshal Ustinov in refit.
• 2006-May 08: Varyag overhauled. AK-630s fitted with MR-123-02 / 3 Bagira radar. AA rating 3@10.1A.
• Jun 11-Dec 16 Ustinov refit in Severodvinsk. P-1000 replaced P-500, MR-650 Podberezovik T1 3D radar in place of MR-800 Flag, Fregat-M2M radar replaces MR-710M, Pal-N1 radar added, Zarya-2 replaces hull MGK-355 bow sonar. Fitted with 3rd gen J&D, 3rd gen ES.
• 2013: Moskva AK-630s fitted with MR-123-02/3 Bagira FC radar. AA rating 3@8.8A.
• Jan 16: Last time Moskva was underway. Planned overhaul stalled for lack of funds.
• Dec 19: Moskva expected back in service. No upgrades due to lack of funds.

Dam Pts: 0 85 171 256 307 341
Surf Speed: 32 24 16 8 0 Sinks

Edited by Silver_Dragon