Slaw Device RH "Rotor" rudder pedals

Congratulations! some curiosities:
1) what are the differences from the Viper model?
2) it comes as in the photo with the hydraulic damper?
3) There will also be brakes? or only pedal board?
4) is the mechanism real or comfort (like VKB T-Rudder?)
5) question as above, is the basic idea of a real helicopter? if yes, which one?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

1. In everything. These are completely different devices.

2. Damper is only an option. Will not ship with pedals. Everything you need to install a damper will be included.

3. These are three-axis pedals. Brakes are present.

4. The pedal mechanism allows you to change the angle of the pedals. There are three fixed positions. The last photo represents the lowest position, all other photos represent the middle position.

5. Many real helicopters have a similar kinematic design. Apache, for example. But this does not apply to the brakes. In these pedals the braking mechanism is different. This is for the convenience of using the brakes at any angle of the pedals.

Thanks for the responses. Is the pedal mechanism based like in reality? forward and backward or do you push from top to bottom and vice versa?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

2 hours ago, Aviators said:

Thanks for the responses. Is the pedal mechanism based like in reality? forward and backward or do you push from top to bottom and vice versa?

An Antonov airline use similar kinematics in their pedals, the movement is an arch down <> up, not back<>forth like most of pedals.

This kinematics result very comfortable and less tiresome for use sited in conventional office chair.

• Like 1

these look amazing! what cam profiles (if any) are available? I would like as smooth as possible. both for linear and non-linear please.

also. will it be easy to change springs for the primary axis? and will there be different spring options for the brakes like on the viper?

absolutely love your viper pedals (I use them all the time, I rest my feet on them even when I don't use them)

on another side note, there is an amazing community for all sim peripherals on both Discord (5,000+ members and growing) and Reddit (40,000+ members and growing).

I would highly recommend to join these communities as the target audiance are more likely to see and buy your wonderful products more than just on a forum like this where it's only going to get a smaller viewing percentage.

[Discord[ https://discord.gg/szqaJE7

[Reddit] https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/

I know it can be difficult for non native english speakers, but I can assure you, it's in your best interest to join and communicate on a semi-regular basis on these platforms to help your business grow.

on a side note: I would love to be on your list for testers as per your comment "In March - early April, several units will be made for tests."

I own your viper mk1 pedals and I both own and have extensive usage of many others 🙂

Edited by ddrake1984

3 часа назад, ddrake1984 сказал:

these look amazing! what cam profiles (if any) are available? I would like as smooth as possible. both for linear and non-linear please.

also. will it be easy to change springs for the primary axis? and will there be different spring options for the brakes like on the viper?

absolutely love your viper pedals (I use them all the time, I rest my feet on them even when I don't use them)

The cam is double, with the same profiles as in the Viper pedals. (free center and hard center)
Main spring tension adjustment is present.
At the moment, the possibility of rearranging the brake spring tensioner has been designed. There is only one spring. The position of the tensioner and the parameters of the spring will be determined during the tests. But you must understand that in this design, a large resistance of the brake pedal will negatively affect the operation of the pedals, it will be inconvenient. Therefore, at the time of design, it was not intended to create high resistance on the brake pedals.

• Like 1

17 минут назад, hsth сказал:

Hi,

Can I ask these questions?

1.What are the dimensions?

2. How do you prevent using the brake unwillingly when pushing down for rudder movement?

1. Pedal width - 435 mm. The pedals were projected so that it would be convenient to use the joystick installed between the legs.
2. It's hard for me to explain it in English, but I'll try. The mechanism (operation) of the brakes has no analogues. In all such constructions, the angle of inclination of the brake pedal relative to the floor does not change during rudder operation. That is, when the rudder is working, the brake pedal turns towards the pilot, maintaining the angle of inclination relative to the floor. This leads to unwanted pressing of the brake pedal. This is especially negative when the pedals are set to the minimum angle, as in the last photo.
Therefore, the construction of the brake mechanism was made such that the angle of inclination of the brake pedal relative to the pedal lever is constant (does not change during rudder operation). The pilot can rest part of the foot on the pedal. This is more comfortable than keeping your foot on the cylindrical part of the pedal only. For braking, it will be enough to press the pedal with your toes (in any position of the rudder).

• Like 1

Slaw, all of your devices look just amazing.  the thrustmaster or whatever rudders i have are "good enough" to get by, but i'm working on hording up some cash to be able to get some nice ones, and all of yours look like beautiful devices to own.  can't wait to see more info. by then i'll maybe be able to afford one 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 8:50 PM, Slaw said:

The cam is double, with the same profiles as in the Viper pedals. (free center and hard center)
Main spring tension adjustment is present.
At the moment, the possibility of rearranging the brake spring tensioner has been designed. There is only one spring. The position of the tensioner and the parameters of the spring will be determined during the tests. But you must understand that in this design, a large resistance of the brake pedal will negatively affect the operation of the pedals, it will be inconvenient. Therefore, at the time of design, it was not intended to create high resistance on the brake pedals.

Hi Slaw

Will you also consider making a linear cam with free center and hard center?

Also, will you consider making brake dampener for the future?

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't quite tell from the dimensions if my big feet would work well with these pedals.  

Will these work with U.S. shoe size 15 (EU size 49, UK size 14.5) feet? 

For dimensions, the exterior length of my shoes is 13.5 inches = 353 mm.   I could wear shorter slippers with length 12.5 inches = 317 mm to fly if needed.

Quite interested in using them with dampers to switch between planes and helicopters.  And just because they look gorgeous!