Early acces?

oscar19681

ED hasn't given us anything concrete yet. I think the 2.7 update has pushed back a few of the new modules this year. My guess would be end of the year if not early-mid 2022, but i'm usually fairly conservative in my guesses to avoid disappointing myself 🙂

Edited by Repth
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, oscar19681 said:

Thq

thanks, what about early acces release in June?

I haven't seen anything about a june EA release. They did state in this thread it should be 3rd quarter, and based off the fact the pre-order was pushed back a little bit you can expect the EA to be pushed back a little bit as well. Maybe the back end of Q3?

• ED Team

Personally I'm wondering when we'll get more information on the DCS Mi-24P development, since I'm also looking forward to getting my hands on that beast.  Between the Mi-24, the AH-64, and the Polychop Kiowa, we have a lot to look forward to in the rotary-winged department.

• Like 11

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

7 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Personally I'm wondering when we'll get more information on the DCS Mi-24P development, since I'm also looking forward to getting my hands on that beast.  Between the Mi-24, the AH-64, and the Polychop Kiowa, we have a lot to look forward to in the rotary-winged department.

I agree, the rotary pilots have a lot to look forward to 😄

• Like 3

• ED Team

Hi all, 

for now we plan pre-orders for May. As soon as we are ready to talk about early access dates we will let you all know. 

thank you

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 3/10/2021 at 2:06 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

for now we plan pre-orders for May. As soon as we are ready to talk about early access dates we will let you all know. 

thank you

Looking forward to it, regardless of the date. Keep up with the good work ED. In your modules I will forever trust!👍

• Like 3

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

• ED Team
18 minutes ago, SyntaxError said:

Looking forward to it, regardless of the date. Keep up with the good work ED. In your modules I will forever trust!👍

Thank you @SyntaxError we appreciate the words of support.

• Like 4

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 3/10/2021 at 4:25 AM, Raptor9 said:

Yep, this year (and perhaps into early next year), DCS is going to see 3 choppers that are in my top 5 must have choppers..... Superb!   

• Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I will purchase the AH-64D regardless if there is a discount or not. But i wonder if we will get it on Steam at the same time the standalone pre-orders begin? I know steam has some "special" politics about preorders for early access products, that's why i'm asking.

• Like 1

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:34 PM, VpR81 said:

I will purchase the AH-64D regardless if there is a discount or not. But i wonder if we will get it on Steam at the same time the standalone pre-orders begin? I know steam has some "special" politics about preorders for early access products, that's why i'm asking.

I’d like to know that as Well actually 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Incidentally how big is the ED development team? If they want more manpower I'm sure they could sign up volunteer (non-paid) forum members to help them with playtesting etc to speed up the DLC's release, for example I'm on the Panzer Corps 2 playtest team-

game-pc2-thanks.jpg%5B

• Like 1

• ED Team
On 3/12/2021 at 9:34 PM, VpR81 said:

Difficult to say with steam, we will know closer to early access.

17 minutes ago, PoorOldSpike said:

Incidentally how big is the ED development team? If they want more manpower I'm sure they could sign up volunteer (non-paid) forum members to help them with playtesting etc to speed up the DLC's release, for example I'm on the Panzer Corps 2 playtest team-

game-pc2-thanks.jpg%5B

We already have a team of volunteer testers, and our own QA team. But that wont make development go faster, the dev team are working as fast as they can we just need to be patient as usual. 

thanks

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

We already have a team of volunteer testers, and our own QA team. But that wont make development go faster, the dev team are working as fast as they can we just need to be patient as usual. 

thanks

Patience is a virtue 🙂 so its fine. Then my collective and cyclic can arrive in time for training with Huey before the EA of the Apache, and also give me time to set up my simpit at home to accommodate the wonderful Apache 😉

• Like 1

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thanks for the information. I guess i have to purchase the Hind in order to shorten the waiting...

• Like 1

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 5:26 AM, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

Any updates on early pre purchase for 64?> yah I know its only the 5th but excited LOL!!!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

In my personal opinion, the scheduled time for the launch of the DCS Mi-24P is no problem. As for the ah-64d, it is not optimistic. It can be seen from the slow development speed of the f-16c.
ah-64d also has a complex air-to-ground radar{sa} system, and when it can be completed is full of variables.

On 3/10/2021 at 6:06 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

for now we plan pre-orders for May. As soon as we are ready to talk about early access dates we will let you all know. 

thank you

Guessing that timeline has changed? 🙂

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)