oscar19681

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Steve Gee said:

Guessing that timeline has changed? 🙂

Yes, looking into June now for pre-order, keep your fingers and toes crossed. 🙂

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks, BN. 

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

On 4/7/2021 at 9:55 AM, Bedouin said:

Patience is a virtue 🙂 so its fine. Then my collective and cyclic can arrive in time for training with Huey before the EA of the Apache, and also give me time to set up my simpit at home to accommodate the wonderful Apache 😉

Which collective you ended up buying for the Apache?

After the pre-order delay, there is a bad feeling, I feel that the development of ah-64d will be as slow as the dcs f-16c
What I can look forward to is the mi-24p helicopter. Since it is a purely Russian helicopter, there are a large number of pilots who have flown the mi-24p in Russia, as well as operating manuals and other documents. The development will be much easier.

Edited by huchanronaa

To be honest.. what does pre Order give you guys as benefit? You have less money and that´s it...  Early Access makes sense, but just a pre Order without any timeline... don´t know. In my DCS the Hornet is still marked as Beta, so I guess, first finish the Hornet, then the Viper and then the Apache 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

1 hour ago, Cupra said:

To be honest.. what does pre Order give you guys as benefit? You have less money and that´s it...  Early Access makes sense, but just a pre Order without any timeline... don´t know. In my DCS the Hornet is still marked as Beta, so I guess, first finish the Hornet, then the Viper and then the Apache 🙂

You get a pretty significant discount with a pre-order.  Its also a sign that the module is almost ready....usually 60-90 days out.  And it helps keep ED funded and working on things.  If its a module you are sure you will buy, like the Apache is for many, many of us, the pre-order is a no brainer.  

• Like 5

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

6 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

What I can look forward to is the mi-24p helicopter. Since it is a purely Russian helicopter, there are a large number of pilots who have flown the mi-24p in Russia, as well as operating manuals and other documents. The development will be much easier.

Not sure how this makes sense / what the logic here is.
Both the Apache and the Hind have been exported to other nation's militaries. Only ~250 more Hinds than Apaches have been built.

Then you mention operating manuals and pilot experience; the lack of Russian high fidelity models available for DCS makes me think the Apache development would be easier than that of the Hind.

The mi-24P is a fairly old helicopter and has no modern electronic equipment, so it has less confidentiality issues.Therefore it is more able to produce correct simulations
Ah-64d is different. There are not many countries using ah-64d and there are many modern electronic devices such as a/g radar. How to simulate correctly without involving secrets is a problem

Edited by huchanronaa

10 hours ago, Cupra said:

Yeah dont care about preorder.  EA for the Longbow, sure take my money, last hardcore LB we had was Janes circa 1999.

Yeah dont care about preorder.  EA for the Longbow, sure take my money, last hardcore LB we had was Janes circa 1999.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

14 hours ago, Cupra said:

To me, that question slightly misses the mark. What are the benefits? The Vendor gains access to funds earlier, and can gauge demand better. Having access to funds secures the likelihood of completion and willingness of investors to lend further money; the same goes for talks with (potential) investors because it shows the customers trust ED so much they are willing to buy something sight unseen. What does the customer have from pre-purchase (except that 'kick' to have purchased something and the feeling that they support their vendor by showing strong loyalty)? Pretty much nothing. But that's not what pre-purchases are about.

Now, EA on the other hand is something I don't understand why people get excited about it. It's pretty much license for the vendor to release unfinished/unproven, sometimes even shoddy work, with the easy excuse that 'it's early access', and people fall for it every time. Pre-purchasing something of high quality - fine. Getting access to a low-quality product with the implied promise that if sales are good, maybe an improved version will be released and paying for the privilege of being a tester? Questionable. IMHO, EA is actually worse than pre-purchase in the long run for the customer, since after the initial release, it removes all (or most) of the impetus for the developer to actually release or QA the product. Hawk anyone?

Then again, when it comes to DCS I ignore all my above smart-assery and buy anyway. But my logic is sound, I promise! You'll see once I deliver!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

The mi-24P is a fairly old helicopter and has no modern electronic equipment, so it has less confidentiality issues.Therefore it is more able to produce correct simulations
Ah-64d is different. There are not many countries using ah-64d and there are many modern electronic devices such as a/g radar. How to simulate correctly without involving secrets is a problem

I wish people would stop trotting out this tired argument: "it can't be made because it is secret". It's a convenient "excuse", I agree. But it's not something that would ever stop ED from producing a good game. Case in point: for the next version (3) of the Ka-50, ED simply makes up some of the central avionics out of thin air. So what? It's a game, and as long as it's fun, I applaud them and will certainly purchase that model as well. Please retire the argument that 'it's secret and therefore ED can't make that module'. They can and do make stuff up to create a good product. And by 'good' I mean a product that meets their goal (sales) and ours (being entertained). A module isn't bad because it uses some fantasy tech. A module is bad when it destroys the balance of the rest of the game. And keeping the balance while remaining mostly with the limits of the real word (immortality, instant repairs and other essential game elements notwithstanding) is what ED do exceedingly well. But breaking realism never was, and should never be, a deal-breaker for new modules. So let's not pretend it would.

• Like 4

Please take a look at the anti-electron interference and burn-through interference on the rear seat of the dcs f-14. So far, it has only been partially completed. It is not that it can't be done but there are other confidential considerations, even if the f-14 is retired for a long time

21 minutes ago, huchanronaa said:

Please take a look at the anti-electron interference and burn-through interference on the rear seat of the dcs f-14. So far, it has only been partially completed. It is not that it can't be done but there are other confidential considerations, even if the f-14 is retired for a long time

That is exactly my point: It perhaps can't be done realistically. That did not prevent the module from being produced, nor sold, nor being successful, nor being really, really fun.

Edited by cfrag

Zitat
Am 27.5.2021 um 22:19 schrieb BIGNEWY:

Yes, looking into June now for pre-order, keep your fingers and toes crossed. 🙂

Thanks a Lot for the Update!! crossing fingers!

i9 10850K | 32 Gb RAM @3200 MHz | RTX 2070 Super AMP (undervolted) | X52 Pro

KA-50 - MI24-Hind - AH-64D - Persian Gulf - Syria

hace 15 horas, huchanronaa dijo:

While the 64D LBA is a very complex aircraft avionics wise, it has the largest amount of available information out of any other aircraft in DCS.

All operating procedures are covered, navigation, data management, comms, weapon systems, countermeasures (ASE), EPs and limitations.

There are also some pretty good numbers on the performance of many systems and weapons and there are many SMEs that help covering the little details you can't get from documents alone.

I wouldn't be worried about it being secret at all as long as ED decides to implement the mentioned systems.

• Like 3

Am 1.6.2021 um 17:00 schrieb Cupra:

If it happens in that order, I'd buy it because I own the Viper.

The one thing I'd like to see before placing a pre order is a feature list of what is included in EA. And some progress on the Viper is mandatory, don't need another F-16.
I might actually pre-order for the sake of contributing to seeing the module, since I enjoyed longbow 2 back then until it didn't run anymore.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:00 AM, Cupra said:

To be honest.. what does pre Order give you guys as benefit? You have less money and that´s it... 

🙂

Anticipation of something due. :happy:

Fun is where you find it.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

First off.. The F16c  came-out bare bones and now is quite respectable. It went from broke to smoke in 6 months. Same with the Harrier.  I have a hard time seeing the F16 as having a poor release.  All while the focus was the Hornet.

We are expecting the Hind, and the last few days the boys have been releasing alot of Apache news, someone said Steam was looking at a some sale around the 16th.

Id imagine they are full bore on the Apache now, and waiting for a particular date for the Hind.   I hate to say "Two Weeks", but if the Steam date is correct, and last day of q2 is the 30th.  The smart bet is somewhere within about 2 weeks.

We give ED, and the other developers alot of shit about slow development and broken products.. but their changelogs suggest otherwise. 

Ill be in the Mi24 by July and if they start the Apache pre-order, a good bet would be the Winter or Autumn sale.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 1:33 AM, cfrag said:

A module isn't bad because it uses some fantasy tech. A module is bad when it destroys the balance of the rest of the game

Disagree, brother.  Unless DCSW is is to be taken as just another FPS with idiotically modeled aircraft for the easy-to-impress bottom feeders, as opposed to a serious tactical flight simming platform.  There's already enough of the former and only 2 of the latter in existence, DCSW hopefully being one.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

2 minutes ago, Mower said:

Disagree, brother.  Unless DCSW is is to be taken as just another FPS with idiotically modeled aircraft for the easy-to-impress bottom feeders, as opposed to a serious tactical flight simming platform.  There's already enough of the former and only 2 of the latter in existence, DCSW hopefully being one.

I believe there are shades of gray to consider. At what point does a deviation from 100% reality constitute 'just another FPS with idiotically modeled aircraft'? There's a big step from "not accurately modelling everything" to "complete BS", especially in games (they must entertain us in order to be successful). Since real life in general is somewhat tedious, game designers must take (sometimes substantial) license with reality in order to have their product be regarded as fun. How much of a departure from reality do you consider the fact that you are immortal in DCS? It's necessary for games - and pretty much as unrealistic as you can get; it ends the 'realism' debate right there, no successful argument can be made to overlook that fundamental break from reality. It's a game, so let's remain focused on that and not take it too seriously. I find "easy-to-impress bottom feeders" an unfortunate choice of words when referring to people who simply enjoy other game styles than ours; it implies to me that you feel that ours is a more valuable or elevated form of playing, when in reality it's just different. Yes, I love the fact that I can spend 45 minutes in my A-10C just starting it up without having it move a single meter. Other people might find similarly derogatory terms for that proclivity of mine, so let's all just have fun and not be too judgmental about other's preferences. 

I trust ED's judgement if/when they bridge a module's gap with some fantasy BS rather than not doing it at all (3 minute field repairs, Ka 50 III avionics). As long as it doesn't break the rest of the game, I prefer to have the HIND and Apache that aren't 100% real over not having them at all. The people buying the modules decide if and which choices they agree with. So far, they haven't disappointed me (much - CA, Hawk and NTTR were disappointing). A little cheat here and something unrealistic there in the name of balance or playability is a good thing. Or do you want to be grounded for 6 weeks and fill a veritable mountain of reports after you blow the front landing gear on your Tiger? Because that's what happens in reality. To say nothing of the fact that they'll only let you fly the Tiger after you can prove that you have some 400 good landings on a trainer jet... Yeah, reality sucks, so let's put away with it in a game to a degree until it's unrealistic but fun.

• Like 3

• ED Team

We hope you have all enjoyed this weeks news letter and a look at the development of the DCS: AH-64D

As per the newsletter pre-order is now planned for late Summer, we will be more specific as we get closer.

thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2