Early acces?

oscar19681

On 6/26/2021 at 8:20 PM, rydhmic said:

Can't wait for the AH-64D Apacke comes to presale.. Played it already on the C64 with pixel graphics. I really look forward to the release, which i would buy blindly as soon as possible. You maybe know what a joy it is flying this my favorite helicopter. It will have a special place on my 17 addons. I greatly appreciate the quality of your modules, mastering every plane is challenging but rewarding. Just for training i  spend hours.  If you mantain your quality, you're gonna be unbeatable. Go on guys, Btw. any news about release on Steam?

There are some planes i would be nice to have (in my opinion) for DCS. I could give a list, but it would be quite long. So i choosed the 3 most desired planes:

1. B1 and B2 Bomber

2. F-117 A

3. F-19

4. F-35

5. New F-15 C Version

6. Mig 33 and 35

7. SR-71 and A-12

ok, these weren't 3 planes, but i could'nt resist to mention them.  I think these planes are jewels. What do you think about?

Greets

dude, not saying you cn't master that many planes, but I know some very good pilots and people whocould not master many, as it is just too much, sure you can get good with a few, but master? Like the rest of us we look forward to adding our favorites, but at some point some will collect dust... of course the Apache is the big one so many people await...

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 6:35 PM, Ramstein said:

dude, not saying you cn't master that many planes, but I know some very good pilots and people whocould not master many, as it is just too much, sure you can get good with a few, but master? Like the rest of us we look forward to adding our favorites, but at some point some will collect dust... of course the Apache is the big one so many people await...

Not impossible, but hard and would take years to really master an aircraft as complex as what DCS offers. Then again mastering as a definition is relative.

Most military and complex (Transport category or one requiring a type rating) civilian types require extensive training with weeks of ground school, theoretical testing, paper tiger, fixed base sim, sim training program and then aircraft training under supervision. Whole process with total immersion until release takes several months. Now on top of that military then makes a pilot on a new type go through squadron specific training and combat training. Depending on type, weapons, equipment etc. 3 months to a year. Yes the more complex weapon systems available for type, more sensor the longer the training is.

I took on a module. Wrote myself a training program based on IRL training I've done in the past. Basically a type rating program. Does not cover weapons or combat use. Just a program to learn systems and actually to fly the type. I'll get to the weapons stuff a bit later.

On 7/14/2021 at 4:35 PM, Ramstein said:

Depends on each ones own definition of "master" level. Some may be completely satisfied if they're just able to take-off and shoot some missles, while others may only feel satisfied when every single detail and procedure is learned and realistically simulated. I do agree with you though, that - even for the most basic aircraft - it may take months (if not a couple of years) to "master" it, if the definition is to know every single detail, fusing procedures and handling in ones very own DNA and to have experienced every aerodynamic and situational limit. Complex aircraft may require a multitude of that, ofcourse. However given enough time and proper attention, once a own level of "mastery" is obtained and you move on to another aircraft, wouldn't you still be capable on the previous aircraft? Again relatively speaking, because each ones definition of mastery is different. The beauty of a flight sim - for me at least - is everybody can be satisfied and happy, whether it is owning one or ten modules, investing one or fourthy hours/week, flying quick action or extensive missions. 🙂

Edited by Scuby
  • Like 2

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

On 7/14/2021 at 8:35 AM, Ramstein said:

I own almost everything in dcs and with the exception of one, I fly each of them to their fullest within the sim. 

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals