CFrag's A-10A Flight School (Training Missions)

cfrag

4 hours ago, M4ND4L0R3 said:

Hi Cfrag,

This is the first time I have seen this error, just giving you a screen shot. Seem's loading this graphics file causes this error message, and even if I click ok the mission never loads. Its done this for missions 1 2 and 3, so i havent actually played any of them yet. I dont really have mods installed and I have played other custom missions downloaded from the user database before without issue.
image.png

Im pretty sure i have the current version downloaded ( steam version ).

The mission requires DCS 2.7, so if you are still on 2.5 (stable), all you need to do is kick back and enjoy a cold one until 2.7 becomes available as a stable and then you'll be able to run the mission.

Kind regards,

-ch

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cfrag said:

The mission requires DCS 2.7, so if you are still on 2.5 (stable), all you need to do is kick back and enjoy a cold one until 2.7 becomes available as a stable and then you'll be able to run the mission.

Kind regards,

-ch

Thanks man! No worries, not in a rush.

Looking forward to it, will put feedback here afterwards ( if it even needs any )

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, wanted to add my thanks and gratitude to CFrags for these A10-A training missions.. I've only completed the first couple and have been impressed with the quality and the amount of effort put in to making these. I especially like the immersion with other craft flying about and the radio chatter.  These are perfect for my needs as I returned to DCS after a 3 year hiatus recently.  If these had been around a few years ago maybe I wouldn't have given up! Now enjoying devouring all things DCS in the last week or two and I got some modules in the recent late May sale (I already had the A10-A from a few years ago) but added to the free Su-25T I also have the F15-C, the Mig 29 variants and the Su-33.  I also dipped my toes into the water of the more 'serious' modules and got the Mirage 2000C (but I am leaving that baby for a few months time when I get my head round things).  Fun times ahead!

On a side note I made a video (up on yT:) of the highlights of my go at the Take Off and Joyride mission. I hope that CFrags has no issues with this?!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Great training missions cfrag!!! Brought me back to the A-10A after many years with the A-10C and the A-10C II lately. I didn't even know how to start the engines on the A-10A anymore. Thanks to your missions I'm in the business with the A version again. The A is still a lot of fun... :thumbsup:

Many thanks for your effort! :clap_2:

Edited by norbot
  • Like 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• 3 months later...

Thank-You cfrag!!!

Fantastic Job on these training missions!

Coyote

• Like 1

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening:

These missions are really well done, thankyou for your effort in creating them.

I have an issue in that for the life of me, I can't figure out how to access other pages on the kneeboard.  Occasionally, the title page comes up on the left, but I am unable to cycle through or view any other page.  The title page indicates that other pages are available (ILS intercept calculation for example), but I can't seem to find it.  In my user DCS.Openbeta folder, there is no A10A in the kneeboard folder (other aircraft are there), and the original zip file did not contain any kneeboard items, just the .miz files and 1 readme.txt.

Any ideas?

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Soul: None (sold long ago to the MGOMU, also known as Princess)

Tried that, no joy initially.

Turns out the last update wiped all of my bindings for this aircraft, including some (not all) keyboard bindings.  I have the kneeboard bound to one of my Joystick buttons, with the page next/prev also bound.  Works on all my other planes where I have it bound similarly, just the A10a got partially wiped.

I did a repair, and rebound everything, seems to work now.

• Like 1

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Soul: None (sold long ago to the MGOMU, also known as Princess)

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...