SLAM question

dresoccer4

quick q: looking in chucks guide i'm a little confused, can you use the SLAM ER without the data link pod? Will it still hit targets accurately? 

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• ED Team

Hi, 

SLAM-ER is not released yet. But, when it is, it does not require man in the loop, It can be 100% INS/GPS guided.

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

11 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

quick q: looking in chucks guide i'm a little confused, can you use the SLAM ER without the data link pod? Will it still hit targets accurately? 

As it turns out, at least for SP missions (for me), if you use slam on a precise WP, it will most likely hit without any intervention.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BarTzi said:

As it turns out, at least for SP missions (for me), if you use slam on a precise WP, it will most likely hit without any intervention.

the regular SLAM and not the SLAM-ER? guess i'm getting these two confused

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

19 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

the regular SLAM and not the SLAM-ER? guess i'm getting these two confused

The regular SLAM, which is in the game, is accurate enough without any DL pod. It shouldn't be that accurate, but that inaccuracy is not modelles properly imo.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Drac said:

Can a SA-10 take out a SLAM and/or upcoming SLAM-ER?

It can and it will shoot it down. Happened to me today, several times. I tried launching it closer and with LOW FLT profile, but it wouldn't go lower than around 5000 ft and is still targeted.

One of my SLAMs was also shot down by a Tunguska.

20 minutes ago, Cpt. Weber said:

It can and it will shoot it down. Happened to me today, several times. I tried launching it closer and with LOW FLT profile, but it wouldn't go lower than around 5000 ft and is still targeted.

One of my SLAMs was also shot down by a Tunguska.

Well...there goes my strategy for taking out a SA-10 from distance with the upcoming SLAM-ER. 

• Like 1

Not sure why people are expecting single-weapon kills ... I realize it might work on occasion IRL and in-game, but these types of actions really require saturation attacks.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

21 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

Not sure why people are expecting single-weapon kills ... I realize it might work on occasion IRL and in-game, but these types of actions really require saturation attacks.

Was looking for a way to just take down only the TR radar.

Which can't be done effectively in single player offline missions unless there is good AI scripting.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

23 hours ago, Drac said:

Can a SA-10 take out a SLAM and/or upcoming SLAM-ER?

Give JSOWs a try now.  They used to be shot down 100% of the time, but ED claimed they adjusted the RCS of several weapons and I'm wondering if the JSOW is one of them, because I've gotten several into SA-10 sites recently.  My understanding is that in reality this weapon is designed to be stealthy and therefore harder for an air defense system to intercept... I'm wondering if they've tweaked the weapon a bit to model that? 

51 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Give JSOWs a try now.  They used to be shot down 100% of the time, but ED claimed they adjusted the RCS of several weapons and I'm wondering if the JSOW is one of them, because I've gotten several into SA-10 sites recently.  My understanding is that in reality this weapon is designed to be stealthy and therefore harder for an air defense system to intercept... I'm wondering if they've tweaked the weapon a bit to model that? 

We have been using the JSOWs to conduct Wild Weasels.  Once the SA-10 site was no longer launching missiles, we would go in for the kill.  If we can now use JSOWs to take down the TR radar, that will give us more flexible.  I will test tomorrow.  Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

That sounds wrong.  The only way for that to work should be with SOJ support or with massive distractions - or just as before, a saturation attack.   It's not that the RCS shouldn't be low, it's that you can still see it coming from quite far enough by the radar equation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It's almost as if the solution to something literally saying 'air defence system' on the box might not be air attack.

(Yes, yes, it works perfectly fine for most of the old-timey models, but that is mostly because you clobber them with space weapons from the future)