Targeting Pod and MAV Field of View Issue

dresoccer4
Go to solution Solved by rob10,

I'm currently attempting to use my TPOD to point to a target on the right screen. I then uncage my mav on the left screen and it slews to the TPOD's target.

I then press SSS right to go back to the TPOD screen TDC controls. However now when I press RAID/FLIR Field-of-View Select Button Short Hold it changes the field of view on the MAV and not the TPOD. Also holding the RAID/FLIR button no longer changes between CCD and FLIR.

Is this intended behavior?  

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• Solution

Yes.  If MAV is on a DDI even if that DDI isn't priority the FOV controlled is always the MAV.  You need to use OSB's to change things on the TPOD.

And as a general comment: please try the search function 1st people.  This particular question gets asked and answered at least once every couple of weeks or less.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't matter if the MAV display page is pulled up on a DDI either; as long as a MAV or HARM is selected, FOV/RAID button priority goes to the weapon sensor.

• Like 2

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

18 hours ago, rob10 said:

Yes.  If MAV is on a DDI even if that DDI isn't priority the FOV controlled is always the MAV.  You need to use OSB's to change things on the TPOD.

And as a general comment: please try the search function 1st people.  This particular question gets asked and answered at least once every couple of weeks or less.

what sort of search words would pull this question up? i usually search for questions first but thought this may be too particular 

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

3 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

what sort of search words would pull this question up? i usually search for questions first but thought this may be too particular 

Just try MAV and you'll get 4 or 5 different threads related to this by the bottom of the 1st page

On 3/11/2021 at 10:18 PM, dresoccer4 said:

Searching for "Mav FOV" I get 5 results on the first page alone

Edited by Shimmergloom667
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H