JoyPro - a breakthrough for setting controls in DCS?

imacken

This looks very interesting.  There are still beta issues, but I have played around with it and it is very flexible. Could be very useful to many DCS users.

(67) JoyPro: Makes Setting Controls In DCS WORLD Simple! - YouTube

Don't know if there has been another thread on this. Couldn't see it.

• Like 6

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

It does allow for modifiers. Are you using a very old build?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot get JoyPro to work.

Using the Open Beta build.

Have worked with the author of the program and we could not get it to work.

Tried V32 and V31.

Wondering if anyone else running the Open Beta of DCS is having a problem.  I would

DL the release version of DCS by my ISP has already sent me a note about my dl qota was up a week ago, so I will

have to wait until my next billing period to dl the Release version of DCS to see if still happens to me.

How were you communicating with the dev? I haven’t seen you on the discord channel. 

I worked closely with the dev to fine tune this amazing utility, and have no problems at all with it. What exactly is your issue?

and, as the release version is the exact same as OB, there would be no point in trying that. 

Edited by imacken

We passed info back and forth on the Github tbl tkts.

I have JoyPro here: C:\Users\georg\Saved Games\JoyPro_WinX64_v0032

When I execuite JoyPro the main page opens.  Top left option "Digital Combat Simulator" is selected.  When I first ran JoyPro I also had a different option that could be selected, I no longer have that option. I have something wrong or the option was taken away.

In the settings menu of Joy Pro my path is:  C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

When I select Clear Existing Binds and Export I get a pop up window "Are you sure you want to export your profile (clean-Mode)?  I select "Yes" and the pop up window closes.

That is it, I get no notification that my saying "yes" was excepted or not.   When I first ran JoyPro I remember I was getting a pop up saying my action was complete. (don't remember exact phrase) .

Any sugestions on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Can you post a screenshot of the main UI Window?

The option below 'Digital combat Simulator' was removed as it was redundant after a new function was added, although I can't remember which as there have been so many builds recently!

What are you selecting in 'Instance'?

There is no instance selected. Do you normally have that set to the OB Saved Games? JP will remember your choice.  

Honestly, I don’t know what you are doing. 
OB stands for Open Beta. What do you have your instance set to? In your first posted image it was blank!

I beleive my first post with a screenshot was at 7:42.  In that post is what I see when I run JoyPro a page with black background and a few headings. If  you do not see that the forum is  not letting people see a pic I posted.

My instance of JoyPro is set to C:\Users\georg\Saved Games\JoyPro_WinX64_v0032 , this is where I run JoyPro from and

my instance of DCS World OpenBeta is located here C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta.

I know JoyPro see my DCS World OpenBeta in the correct location becouse in JoyPro setting  point to where I have DCS World OpenBeta located.

My second post of a pic was showing what I see when I press an of the "none" labeled buttons.  See last row.

But thank you for your help, I am going back to my old way of doing the settings. 

Sorry, my point was that in your first posted image, there is nothing showing in the Instance box. It is blank. I can see the image perfectly OK.

With all due respect, I don't think you are understanding how this works.  For example, when you press 'none' and the 'setting' appears, you need to press the button/switch on your device that you want to bind.

This is an amazing piece of software that solves most of the annoying issues of how to make binds across all modules in DCS, and so much more.

Try this another way, import your existing DCS bindings into JP and take it from there. That's what I do.

See my attachment for what it should all look like.

1.jpg

Glad that is sorted!  What video are you talking about?  Who is RW?  The only one I know is one by Grim Reapers, and it is very outdated and not really relevant any more.

Sorry, but I don’t know what you mean by ‘may my doc was right after all’.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been playing with this for a little while, and it is genuinely revolutionary... why ?

Because it makes aircraft easily accessible quickly... i don't have to go through the laborious task of constantly remapping individual aircraft and getting one button slightly wrong or what have you... get one aircraft set up for each "type" and then just copy the buttons , a device changes , its really simple to change the mapping, rather than a major pain in the posterior.

It is not without pain, but, nothing ever worthwhile truly is, and it does require you to get your head around the software... but, its changed the way i play i can dip in and out of modules with much greater ease...  I would also point out that the dev is really awesome and responsive too.

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 2 months later...

For those using it for a while, I have a question: is it possible to also configure the keyboard shortcuts via JoyPro ?

I usually use a Rift-S and a X52 and the immersion is great. I don`t like lifting the HMD to peek at the keyboard. Therefore, I have assigned keys to the X52 buttons and, because we can get a combination of 3 modes x 2 pinkie-button-states, I`ve manage to extend the 20+ buttons and 3 hat switches to cover everything I need to fly the FA18C.

I thought that I could use Joy Pro to also remap the keyboard shortcuts between modules similar to what it does with the joystick buttons. Does anyone know if that is currently possible or, if it`s not yet a feature, if the author have plans addressing that?  

alas not at present, its a feature request

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

• 2 weeks later...

It's in the description of the video in post 1... but here it is separately Holdi601/JoystickProfiler: Joystick Profiler Utility (github.com)

• 3 months later...

I just started using JoyPro 2 nights ago.  All I can say is that this is yet another valuable contribution to the DCS Community by a talented Developer!

I almost fell out of my chair when I realized the custom DCS Speed Brake Bindings I was adding via Quaggles Input Command Injector were able to getting picked up and applied with JoyPro.  

Once you watch a few tutorials and do a bit of experimenting you will quickly be creating or updating your own Relations Files and Profiles.  

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 5 months later...

Another big fan having just started using it. It seems a bit daunting at first but is surprisingly easy to use after a short while and seems to have been well thought out.

I have been toying with creating a generic cockpit for the many aircraft I dabble with and this is perfect for that project!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat