Since we are going to get 80s 90s carrier air wing

ustio

+ absolutely 1

But I'd wait until after Heatblur completes their current projects, the Forrestal and the AI A-6 look to be soon-ish, but what about the Draken? 

I will agree with what Skysurfer said, the E-2C would've made more sense from the get go.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

17 hours ago, CheckGear said:

Better yet, can the skinning community get revved up and develop historical air wings that authentically reflect the compositions and liveries of specific air wings during specific deployments/eras?

That would be yuuuuuuuuge.

Funny you mention this. I have 2 packs in development right now. CVW-9, on their 2001 Operation Enduring Freedom cruise, and after that is finished, I will resume work on my other pack, CVW-3 on the maiden cruise of the USS Harry S Truman. Past that, I don't have any specific plans, but these two will take quite some time.

• Like 2

I'll be honest, once the props are turning, the E-2D can pass for any variant of the Hawkeye with the proper livery to my eyes. It really will only matter when ED starts creating a more complex electronic environment than what we have now.

What I'd really rather see is some form of EW other than on and off, and an AI EA-6B that can at least generally simulate the abilities of the platform, jamming a limited number of radar systems so that strikers have a safe corridor to get into and out of target areas.  

• Like 5

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

7 hours ago, Shmoo42 said:

Funny you mention this. I have 2 packs in development right now. CVW-9, on their 2001 Operation Enduring Freedom cruise, and after that is finished, I will resume work on my other pack, CVW-3 on the maiden cruise of the USS Harry S Truman. Past that, I don't have any specific plans, but these two will take quite some time.

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Swordsman422 said:

I'll be honest, once the props are turning, the E-2D can pass for any variant of the Hawkeye with the proper livery to my eyes. It really will only matter when ED starts creating a more complex electronic environment than what we have now.

What I'd really rather see is some form of EW other than on and off, and an AI EA-6B that can at least generally simulate the abilities of the platform, jamming a limited number of radar systems so that strikers have a safe corridor to get into and out of target areas.  

Yep, I 100% agree. There are much more interesting AI models that would actually add something new to carrier decks - Greyhounds, Prowlers, Super Hornets, recce Crusaders, to name a few.