A-29 Super Tucano

17 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

the first three missions are already included on the current version of the Mod, the remainder will probably be included on the next release by Luiz Renault.

a little bit off topic but will you do some tutorial mission for T-45 in the future? thanks

• Like 1

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 minutes ago, FoxHoundELite said:

a little bit off topic but will you do some tutorial mission for T-45 in the future? thanks

yes, but I’m still learning the aircraft ... it will be still a while until I feel confident enough to edit that type of mission. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

20 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

the first three missions are already included on the current version of the Mod, the remainder will probably be included on the next release by Luiz Renault.

Thanks

Intel i7 12th gen 3.61 GHz, GTX 1080ti, 32gb Hyper X fury ddr5, Rift S

On 4/19/2021 at 4:11 AM, Luiz Renault said:

Can you point any other module that uses a gunpod so I can use it as a reference?

As @Rudel_chw mentioned, A-4 mod was the one I began messing with while trying to understand how to add them myself.  The A-4 luas define the gunpod with what seems to be locations for the muzzle and shell ejection.  The A-4 also requires a secondary arming panel for the gunpod beyond the "guns" switch so some additional complications there that might mean the HIPEG isn't a good base to start from...   I stopped trying to modify things when I realized I would need to add the guns into the MFD logic and couldn't quickly sort out the connection from the MFD to the weapon.  Wikipedia, for what it's worth suggests, the A-29 has been equipped with a GIAT M20A1 (The Gazelle in DCS uses a GAIT M621 which appears to the cannon encased in the M20A1 pod, but I couldn't get the CLSID from it's luas, let alone mod the appearance.) as well as M134's experimentally.  The M134 can be mounted as an underwing option for the A-29 easily enough but I can't fire it without the MFD integration.  I also thought about trying a UPK-23 because it seems like those might be everywhere and an easy test to stand-in for the M20A1 without the M621 CLSID.  The MB-339 mod implements an AN-M3 and a DEFA 553 which might be another place to look.  I'd be interested in contributing some time to help figure this out too, but I'm not sure where to start with the systems modeling and logic. Would need a hand starting out.

UPDATE: I got the MB-339 pods added by importing the gun pod definitions to A-29.lua, allowing WPN_WEAPON_TYPE_IDS.AG_GUN in weapon_system.lua and making a few tweaks to include a mode of continuous fire based on a salvo...  first steps.

Edited by icuham
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

I am having a CTD when loading a mission with the A-29 in it, could it be installation error?

Attach the dcs.log of the CTD session, to look for clues.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

12 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

I fired up this mission, unarmed A-29 cold start. CTD as soon as the mission finished loading

The Error is located on the DirectX components of DCS ... but you are using the latest release of the nvidia drivers, so I don't see an obvious reason for the crash ... can you disable your other User Mods and retry?

I installed the Beta and it works on 2.7, but the clickable cockpit animations are gone, stick, etc. animations are gone and the airspeed indicator is dead.  I uninstalled and RIP.  I'll wait for when/if ED releases an official version.

oops - wrong thread...I meant to put this in the MB339 thread.  Apologies for confusion. 

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

22 minutes ago, DerekSpeare said:

...  I uninstalled and RIP.  I'll wait for when/if ED releases an official version.

You will wait a lot, as the A-29 is not developed by ED 🙃  .. DCS 2.7 changed the way animations work, so the creator of this Mod will be forced to update them in order to fix this.

My post was in the wrong thread.  I meant to post in the MB339 thread.  Apologies for confusion.  My remarks were about the MB339 mod. 

Edited by DerekSpeare
  • Like 1

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

8 minutes ago, lefevre said:

hello,

How can I use radios in Man with SRS script???

I havn't really undserstood!!!

Thanks

I will test the new SRS version. But to select radio MAN mode you have to press M-SEL (0) while the cursor is over MAN frequency.

On 4/22/2021 at 12:36 PM, jamespejam said:

Awesome mod guys! I was really looking forward to this plane, and I WOULD PAY for this.

High hopes on this one! It already seems to be quite fun and it´s amazing how complete and functional it is from the start, amazing!

I will post some stuff that I think could be improved in the coming updates;

• MOD name shows in lower case, wouldn´t it be better as "EMB 314 / A-29B" or simply "Super Tucano"?
  • Instant Action for sceneries other than Caucasus missing.
  • Warning msg when starting from Instant Action
  • Normal map texture missing?
  • Low res interior texture.
  • Marked switches are inverted in the mouse rh/lh clicks, a bit strange in the VR; Normal/Switch in the lower Bendix Comm - Flap Lever - Fuel & Hidr shutoff switch
  • Strobe light in the wingtips has a black glare, while the lights do not glare when on.
  • Pilot change when ejecting?
  • Ground effect missing?
  • Flap with only one down position?
  • Stall is weird (freezes in space), same when flying inverted, on apex of looping, etc.
  • Stall speeds too high? Even with low fuel and little load, stalls happen above 100 knots
  • Stall alarm not working
  • Roll speed too low ?
  • Parking brake without keyboard binding
  • Gear light indicator too weak (gear maneuvering red light too bright at night)
  • Taxi light turns off when steering/not following nose gear movement
  • Taxing too stiff while turning? No effect of different weight loads.
  • Differential brake not working
  • Braking efficiency too low? Seems to be a liner deceleration, should be more progressive
  • "Brake on" indicator still illuminated after battery is set to "off"
  • HUD brightness knob not working
  • Night/day switch not working
  • Light alarm test not working
  • Storm light comes out nowhere/illuminates outside, but not visible when looking from outside view
  • Battery never runs out of juice, generator inoperative
  • fuel pump switch innoperative, start works even when it is "off"

Congratulations for taking the lead on this one.

lowcase.jpg

warning.jpg

inverted_buttons.jpg

beacon.jpg

Most of them were added to TODO list. Thank you.

- Normal map texture missing?

Which one?

- Marked switches are inverted in the mouse rh/lh clicks, a bit strange in the VR; Normal/Switch in the lower Bendix Comm - Flap Lever - Fuel & Hidr shutoff switch

Fixed.

- Strobe light in the wingtips has a black glare, while the lights do not glare when on.

Working normally here.

- Flap with only one down position?

This is the way.

- "Brake on" indicator still illuminated after battery is set to "off"

Fixed.

- HUD brightness knob not working

Working normally here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ED seems to be preventing DCS from running the A29 mod in 2.5.6 after updating to 2.7 beta - any tips?

Edited by SpiffnZ
extra info
  • Like 1

Intel i7 12th gen 3.61 GHz, GTX 1080ti, 32gb Hyper X fury ddr5, Rift S

3 hours ago, SpiffnZ said:

ED seems to be preventing DCS from running the A29 mod in 2.5.6 after updating to 2.7 beta - any tips?

Use beta vs and install on saved games. No problem here.

Sorry, yes, there´s a roughmet in the texture file, but the surfaces looks quite flat, with no much graining variation.

There´s one layer hovering on top of the fuselage over the sides too:

Any idea on when the new exterior model would be available? I am dying to work on some liveries for this little monster.

01.jpg

Thanks to @Rudel_chw Youtube seems to think I need recommendations about the A-29 so heres some footage for you all:

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 2 weeks later...