A-29 Super Tucano

Did the first training mission, but got some trouble with the second one (the one about navigation)... the HUD content is bigger than the "projection area", so the content's "borders" are clipped out, including the angle of attack at the left side, the waypoint's heading caret at the top and the "roll with landing gear down" marker at the bottom.

Version 0.3.0b

Screen_211202_203448.png

Edited by dybal

On 12/2/2021 at 8:49 PM, dybal said:

Did the first training mission, but got some trouble with the second one (the one about navigation)... the HUD content is bigger than the "projection area", so the content's "borders" are clipped out, including the angle of attack at the left side, the waypoint's heading caret at the top and the "roll with landing gear down" marker at the bottom.

Version 0.3.0b

Screen_211202_203448.png

Follow-up on the HUD cropping the borders in VV/VAH mode:

When I used a head tracker (ViewTracker from Steam), I noticed that if I moved my head up and closer to the HUD, the cropping of the borders was gone.

Without a head tracker, I have to use the  Move Camera Up from the View Cockpit section (zoom in wouldn't do, it just enlarges the current view without changing "head" position...)

Version 0.1.8b started with an adequate head (camera) position, but 0.3.0b doesn't.

Edited by dybal

Follow-up on the HUD cropping the borders in VV/VAH mode:
When I used a head tracker (ViewTracker from Steam), I noticed that if I moved my head up and closer to the HUD, the cropping of the borders was gone.
Without a head tracker, I have to use the  Move Camera Up from the View Cockpit section (zoom in wouldn't do, it just enlarges the current view without changing "head" position...)
Version 1.8.0b started with an adequate head (camera) position, but 0.3.0b doesn't.
Save your head position with RAlt + Num0.
Just remember to turn off head tracking first, or you might end up with strange results.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Now being able to find the next waypoint direction on the HUD's heading tape, I advanced on the Waypoint Navigation Tutorial... found two problems:

- the Auto Rudder switch doesn't stay at the engaged position (it moves back to the power position when the mouse button is released): works in 0.1.8b, but doesn't in 0.3.0b

- when cycling through the waypoints in the  UFCP (after pressing WPT/4 button), the list goes form the last defined waypoint (in the case, 6) to the first airfield waypoint... the exercise says there should be a "next" waypoint, with zeroed data, between the last defined and the first airfield waypoints, and that zeroed data could be filled in to create a new waypoint (I modified the sixth waypoint with the supplied coordinates just to finish the exercise). Doesn't work in both 0.1.8b and 0.3.0b. The strange part is that it worked on rudelchw's video on this tutorial.

Edited by dybal

23 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Save your head position with RAlt + Num0.
Just remember to turn off head tracking first, or you might end up with strange results. emoji4.png

Thanks for the tip! There's a lot of commands for a newbie to learn 🙂

Is the saved head position kept between DCS sessions? (i.e. can it be done just once?)

I probably will get a real head tracker set-up... VR would look as the way to go except for the not fully clickable cockpits: can't use keyboard keys without looking at the keyboard (and right now the exchange rate down here in Brazil makes VR sets *really* expensive 😞)

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip! There's a lot of commands for a newbie to learn
Is the saved head position kept between DCS sessions? (i.e. can it be done just once?)
I probably will get a real head tracker set-up... VR would look as the way to go except for the not fully clickable cockpits: can't use keyboard keys without looking at the keyboard (and right now the exchange rate down here in Brazil makes VR sets *really* expensive )
Welcome to DCS!
Yes, it's saved between sessions, per module. So you can/(need to) do it for every module.

I love Brasil! Yeah, VR can be expensive. But at least Antarctica was pretty cheap last time I was there, compared to Norway that is.

Did the Landing training mission tonight, the straight in approach... did it something like 4 times (with one crash), in the last one I started figuring out that to keep the FPM marker in the brackets by trimming alone after lowering the landing gear I have to lower the speed as I trim the nose up.

Anyway, in all the tries the HUD was messed up, with the FPM marker and the pitch ladder off to the right relative to the nose cross marker and bearing tape (heading marker included)...

Version 0.3.0b and 0.2.0b (didn't try the 0.1.8b).

Screen_211206_213041_cropped.png

5 hours ago, dybal said:

Anyway, in all the tries the HUD was messed up, with the FPM marker and the pitch ladder off to the right relative to the nose cross marker and bearing tape (heading marker included)...

It’s been a while since I last flew the 29B, but probably the HUD is trying to compensate for crosswind, use the U key to cage/uncage it.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

It’s been a while since I last flew the 29B, but probably the HUD is trying to compensate for crosswind, use the U key to cage/uncage it.

Thanks, Eduardo, I didn't know about that!

Yes, the mission (thanks for it, by the way!) mentions a crosswind in the first leg.

Is that a DCS thing (the HUD compensating for crosswind), or does the real Super Tucano avionics do it? (how could it know about the crosswind? By detecting a lateral drift through the sequence of GPS coordinates?)

1 hour ago, dybal said:

Is that a DCS thing (the HUD compensating for crosswind), or does the real Super Tucano avionics do it?

The real aircraft does it, the Hornet, JF-17 and F-16 have the same ability.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

On 12/7/2021 at 4:26 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Just to document the mod, the U key (cage/uncage) doesn't change the HUD.... but there is an entry in the UFPC menu that does: choose Misc (0), then Drift (6); there are two values:

NORMAL: in the presence of crosswinds the FPM, waypoint mark (circle) and pitch ladder are rendered off-centre (the crosshairs, waypoint hbearing caret and aircraft heading mark in the bearing tape stay centered)

DRIFT C/O: the FPM and ladder are centered even in the presence of crosswinds

Version 0.3.0b

Edited by dybal
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dybal said:

Just to document the mod, the U key (cage/uncage) doesn't change the HUD.... but there is an entry in the UFPC menu that does

Thanks a lot for the information, will take it into account if I get back to this Mod 👍

Tried  0.3.1b (latest release i think) and then 0.2.0b, both messes with ME and when starting a mission DCS crashes. Any one having issues or is just me?

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

5 minutes ago, fagulha said:

Any one having issues or is just me?

I have not yet tried v0.3 but my v0.2.0b still works with no apparent issues.

8 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I have not yet tried v0.3 but my v0.2.0b still works with no apparent issues.

Thank you.

I did have a working version (same as you) and deleted for update for the latest release, now i can´t get any version to work. There´s someone with same issue in the github. Well, i´m goint to do a repair and try again the previous version that worked for me, if doesn´t work i will wait for a version that works. Thank you again for your reply.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

1 hour ago, fagulha said:

Well, i´m goint to do a repair

The DCS repair utility only touches the DCS program folder, not the /saved games/ ... so it probably will not solve your issue. I suggest that you delete the control bindings at /saved ganes/dcs/config/input/A-29B .. this will force the Mod to revert to the default binding possibly solving the issue.

9 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

The DCS repair utility only touches the DCS program folder, not the /saved games/ ... so it probably will not solve your issue. I suggest that you delete the control bindings at /saved ganes/dcs/config/input/A-29B .. this will force the Mod to revert to the default binding possibly solving the issue.

I know it but it was just a wild guess because if it worked before and now doesn´t (probably due to the last release) i thought it messed somehow DCS. Going to try your suggestion.

Thank you Rudel_chw.

EDIT: didn´t work. Thanks again, i will wait for a working version for me.

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 8:49 PM, dybal said:

Now being able to find the next waypoint direction on the HUD's heading tape, I advanced on the Waypoint Navigation Tutorial... found two problems:

- <snip>

- when cycling through the waypoints in the  UFCP (after pressing WPT/4 button), the list goes form the last defined waypoint (in the case, 6) to the first airfield waypoint... the exercise says there should be a "next" waypoint, with zeroed data, between the last defined and the first airfield waypoints, and that zeroed data could be filled in to create a new waypoint (I modified the sixth waypoint with the supplied coordinates just to finish the exercise). Doesn't work in both 0.1.8b and 0.3.0b. The strange part is that it worked on rudelchw's video on this tutorial.

Thanks to jean-knapp, I learned that in the current version of the mod, to be able to add waypoints to the end of route, the UFPC waypoint page must be in WPT mode (by default it's in FYT mode... you know the current mode by the text left of the waypoint number in the waypoint page). To change modes, select the waypoint number in the waypoint page using up and down on the main UFPC switch, then click right in rthe UFPC switch (towards the ' menu' label) to change modes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looked but didn't see it recently.  Downloaded the aircraft this morning.   Missing some textures in the cockpit.  Back up compass.  Mirrors.

Was interesting watching the pilots in the pit.  Back seater not moving.  I punch out to test it and he wakes up and starts looking around.  LOL

Screen_220101_095221.png

Edited by Saguanay

when useing the ccip mk 82se bombing..i am supposed to HOLD the ep. release button ans HOLD it  until computer drops it...but as soon as i hold the button down..the bombs drop....WHY??  i can not get mine to do what Grim reaper shows his ccip delivery system doing..any help appreciated.

btw  installed Version 0.3.1b - 15 Nov 2021