A-29 Super Tucano

On 8/7/2022 at 10:48 AM, JorgeB2 said:

Surely I'm clumsy, but cannot get the FLIR working. All mapped as usual, but only see a white screen doesn't matter how I move the controls.

If I press power the FLIR is degraded.

Small tutorial will be apreciated for dummies like me 🤪 Thanks.

IMG_20220807_114733.jpg

IMG_20220807_114650.jpg

Did you attache FLIR ? check Pylons and load the FLIR POD

MOD Logo - 100.png

On 8/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, JorgeB2 said:

Surely I'm clumsy, but cannot get the FLIR working. All mapped as usual, but only see a white screen doesn't matter how I move the controls.

IMG_20220807_114733.jpg

IMG_20220807_114650.jpg

Are you starting hot or cold? One thing someone in YT comments told me was that to get the FLIR to work you have to start cold, it won't work if you start with a hot plane. Worth a try?

On 8/7/2022 at 11:48 AM, JorgeB2 said:

IMG_20220807_114733.jpg

IMG_20220807_114650.jpg

Got FLIR working yesterday. Seems it need to be open in left screen. But can't activate the laser, select an objetive and launch the GBUs. 

Thanks for help. And for the great mod.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 8:23 PM, MPalmer said:

need to map all the FLIR bindings ...FLIR Power On (key Bind), wait 10-25 Seconds, MFCD page to FLIR

Related to this, anyone able to explain what all the bindings do? Some of them are fairly obvious, while others are decidedly less so.

The ones I think I understand:

Auto Gain, turns on auto gain

Cage, cages the seeker, I guess? I assume this doesn't work as a cage/uncage?

Focus In/Out, focuses the camera

Freeze, freezes the image

Gain Down/Up, manual adjustment of gain, vs Auto Gain

Level Down/Up, manual adjustment of level, vs Auto Gain again I think

Menu, brings up the menu I suppose?

NFOV, narrow field of view, zooms in

Polarity, swaps between BHOT and WHOT

Power, turns power on

Slew, slews the FLIR around (very slowly?)

WFOV, wide field of view, zooms out

The ones I'm not at all sure about:

Hook

IPHH

Lock

Track/Break

I'm not at all sure I get what the difference between hook, lock and track/break is, what do they do? And IPHH is completely unknown to me.

Also based on one of the videos, it seemed like there was more than two zoom levels? Even when I hit NFOV it feels like it's not actually that zoomed in, is there something I'm missing?

EDIT:  At 1:53 in this video there's a smooth zoom, so I'm clearly missing something...

Edited by jubuttib
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jubuttib said:

The ones I'm not at all sure about:

Hook

IPHH

Lock

Track/Break

I'm not at all sure I get what the difference between hook, lock and track/break is, what do they do? And IPHH is completely unknown to me.

Also based on one of the videos, it seemed like there was more than two zoom levels? Even when I hit NFOV it feels like it's not actually that zoomed in, is there something I'm missing?

I'll let the dev's answer this...

according to my setup...FOV is a multi zoom (press several times) looking at the FLIR page top you'll see (Wide, 2xWide, Med, 2xMed, Nrw, 2xNrw)
IPHH (not sure) but once pressed its a heading hold for the FLIR camera Top page (HHOLD, INRPT)
Track/Break...is like Lock and Unlock point on a single button

• Like 1

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

1 hour ago, MPalmer said:

I'll let the dev's answer this...

according to my setup...FOV is a multi zoom (press several times) looking at the FLIR page top you'll see (Wide, 2xWide, Med, 2xMed, Nrw, 2xNrw)
IPHH (not sure) but once pressed its a heading hold for the FLIR camera Top page (HHOLD, INRPT)
Track/Break...is like Lock and Unlock point on a single button

Thanks for those bits. ❤️

Any idea about the smooth zoom? Maybe a HOTAS command?

No idea...possibly a feature not implemented yet.

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a must have MOD for anybody. It is so fun to fly and very easy to learn. You basically just turn stuff on. I didn't know you had to hold the engine start button, LOL. I tried so many times. You guys are doing great work and I can't wait for the finished product. 

Will you be updating the external geometry to this variant?

A-29_Over_Afghanistan.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BRAVO_16 said:

Maybe @Rudel_chw has some insight?

No, sorry, I contributed a few training missions for it but I’m not part of the development team. The last mod update two months ago includes a big software breakthrough with the only FLIR sensor that I’ve ever seen on a Mod aircraft … pity that the developer has not given any instructions on how to use it, if he had I would have loved to edit a training mission for it.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

And? we all know that, I was talking about the EMB-312 Tucano.

The thread is about the Super Tucano, I can easily see why he got confused with your post.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...