A-29 Super Tucano

Great mod! Had some good fun in it last night!!!
It's actually a first of this kind that I remember, here in DCS... modern turbo-prop multirole/trainer/aerobatic...

Well done!

Is there a Livery template somewhere?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

4 hours ago, Stratos said:

I'm getting a CCIP OFF mode. And have no idea of how to activate the proper working mode.

That happens to me too. I can't get the CCIP mode to work.
I follow the following procedure:
1. Master arm: on
2. Mass: Live
3. I go to the SMS page
4. I set the A / G mode.
5. I turn on the barometric mode
6. On the SMS page, I give CCIP
7. Then I go to the bomb to use
8. Again CCIP...
9 ..... AND NOTHING

Greetings

44 minutes ago, Stratos said:

But I cannot get the CCIP line to appear. Any idea?

I had the same, pressing the key for switching between BARO/RADAR altimeter made CCIP line appear for me. Rightmost button just under the HUD glass.

• Thanks 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

18 minutes ago, WinterH said:

I had the same, pressing the key for switching between BARO/RADAR altimeter made CCIP line appear for me. Rightmost button just under the HUD glass.

Thanks a lot!!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Tried the mod out. Pretty nice for such an early project. The model reminds me of the FSX Tim "Piglet" Conrad version. 

It'll be nice to have it available after waiting on RB's excuses over the last 5 years. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Does anyone have a pdf copy of the Flight Manual of the real aircraft? ... can't find it anywhere 😞

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, ST0RM said:

Tried the mod out. Pretty nice for such an early project. The model reminds me of the FSX Tim "Piglet" Conrad version. 

It'll be nice to have it available after waiting on RB's excuses over the last 5 years. 

That's because, as it is, this mod is the FSX Tim "Piglet" Conrad version, made to work in DCS. 

As stated on the mod readme, we started using the external 3d model and the cockpit structure from Tim Conrad's FSX. The instruments, panels, UFCP and HUD are from our own. Soon we will release a new external and cockpit 3d model. More realistic and to scale than the one that we are using right now.

Although i personally don't know mr Conrad, a colleague asked permission to make a non paid DCS module using his 3d model. But the project only kicked off recently when i started coding. Then I asked some colleagues to start a new 3d model, with higher fidelity to encompass our proposal for a non paid full fidelity A-29B.

I can't help them much on the 3d model, but leaning the basics of modeling and texturing is being very fun.

This for example was my first attempt to texture the stick made by Gabriel Milaré.

unknown.png

• Like 8

The one on the left use Conrad's cockpit structure. It's a little bit off scale as you can see bellow.

unknown.pngunknown.png

This is the newer version. Will ask Milaré to post more pics.

image.png

Why sometimes the CCIP piper disappear or behave strangely?

CCIP mode uses a waypoint (FYT) for target altitude reference for piper calculations. If an invalid FYT is selected or if the FYT is in the air and you're bellow it, the piper won't behave as you would expect it to, pointing to the ground.

In this case the solution is to create a proper FYT with the target altitude (the coordinates don't need to be close) or to change to CCIP R mode that uses the Radar altimeter for target altitude reference. This can be done using the Baro/Ralt button on top right corner of the UFCP.

This is working the way it should in real life. I believe that other modules have simplified CCIP behavior, as they seem to know where the ground is in respect to the aircraft.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Luiz Renault said:

I don't have the ability to make liveries. lol. If you can get someone to make them i can include in the next release.

I can make a few (add me on steam "gheoss2")

HEre some samples (rought)
indice.jpg

WhatsApp-Image-2021-03-15-at-4.37.06-PM.

I can make them with rivets and wearing..

• Like 3

Holy porkchops! Sure brings back memories of making that for FSX back in 2008/9 . Nice to see such a cool DCS mod made from it. I just dl'd and will fly the heck out of it.  Also I found the original texture templates for it. They're stupid simple (2 layers) but better than nothing. If anyone wants them, let me know here.  Luiz, when you make the new models, you gotta keep the dog treat box!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gheoss said:

I can make a few (add me on steam "gheoss2")

HEre some samples (rought)
indice.jpg

WhatsApp-Image-2021-03-15-at-4.37.06-PM.

I can make them with rivets and wearing..

Geos could you make a PSD template of the panels and rivets? and are you sharing the skins? where can we get them?

Thanks in advance!!!

• Like 2