DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

To be blunt I would rather see ED make a dedicated server option than another aircraft. I don’t want an F/A-18 or whatever simulator or even a Scenery Update, I want a dedicated server. :noexpression:

It would benefit this community far more than anything.

Well, to be blunt, that's just your opinion. Not all of us fly online. Some just take the online community for what it is in the way of help and pre-designed missions and all that. Not everyone wants to have to go online to play the game. Subsequently, not everyone will feel the game would benefit more from an addition that would only be useful for online activity and wouldn't add anything to the offline part of the game.

-Z

• Like 1

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I aaaaaam ... a banana!

M8, not wanting to be rude but the sim is in feature freeze for months now, how do you expect ED to squeeze that one in? :huh:

Who says it needs to be done now?

It has been. It is on the list for some future module.

In other words it isn't critical?

How does TF2 even /compare/ to DCS in any way, shape or form?

Not even close, I agree, but I'm not talking about gameplay, I'm talking about server scalability and performance. When hosting a game in DCS its very demanding to ask the cpu handle client requests and flight characteristics.

Not going to happen.

So ED is fine with an underdeveloped system?

Running as both a the host and a client since I am the lead on my team, I have NEVER had any problems with doing both at the same time. Smoother connections for everyone and more control of the server. Dedicated server is nice but there is NO problems with the way it is now. Internet speed is important and even with my pretty standard cable internet I can get a ~95 ping from one side of the US to the other, same with my teammates on my server when I host. And the pings are smooth enough for us to fly 18 inches apart at 400 mph while performing formation aerobatic maneuvers, and IMO that's pretty darn good.

Well you are running quite an impressive "super" computer. :smilewink: I suppose the fact that most of these servers aren't hosted in the US contributes to the ping bias in the server list.

I suppose that explains why ED won't bother and it also answers my questions, its treated to much as a novelty.

Well, to be blunt, that's just your opinion. Not all of us fly online. Some just take the online community for what it is in the way of help and pre-designed missions and all that. Not everyone wants to have to go online to play the game. Subsequently, not everyone will feel the game would benefit more from an addition that would only be useful for online activity and wouldn't add anything to the offline part of the game.

And that supplies a further reason for what's happened

Whatever, I've said enough.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Antec DF-85 Case, Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, air-cooled with Noctua NH-D14,

Corsair Vengeance 16GB, EVGA GTX 560 TI, Corsair Professional Series 750W, Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium HD, ASUS EA-N66 Wireless Adapter

In other words it isn't critical?

In other words, it isn't critical. There are bigger fish to fry.

So ED is fine with an underdeveloped system?

Underdeveloped in your opinion. I'll put it this way: ED have their hands full both with DCS: Hog, and military contracts, and they're not going to give up revenue-generating production, as you had suggested, to give you a dedicated server. It's in the plan, just not on your schedule.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

;)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I'll put it this way: ED have their hands full both with DCS: Hog, and military contracts, and they're not going to give up revenue-generating production, as you had suggested, to give you a dedicated server. It's in the plan, just not on your schedule.

Any clues to what their current military contracts are or is that info hush hush?

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

Any clues to what their current military contracts are or is that info hush hush?

:lol:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

What do you think? ;)

But to answer, no, you're not getting any hits as to what the next module might be ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

A dedicated server is something we DONT need ED to WASTE limited dev resourcs on. *sigh*

We the community can handle the server issue. My own online Falcon sqaud will have our own for example.

GGTharos, thank Gawd you guys have your heads on the right way.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Well, it isn't that ED doesn't want to - everyone wants this feature, and the catch is that it is a big one. It requires quite a bit of work to accomplish, so it isn't easy to schedule.

The cons of not having a dedi server are just to begin with, high prices of renting a server machine.

A dedicated server is something we DONT need ED to WASTE limited dev resourcs on. *sigh*

We the community can handle the server issue. My own online Falcon sqaud will have our own for example.

GGTharos, thank Gawd you guys have your heads on the right way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aha! Next plane must be a Fishbed ;) :megalol:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Just ... OMG ... ;)

:D

Why make a target drone?

Just in case it was misunderstood (since this is a wish thread I can understand how it could be misunderstood), it was just a bad joke based on GGs post, I dont actually wish for a Fishbed. But I have seen lots of ppl wish for it though. As I have stated before MY wish is for F/A-18 or F-16 :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

That target drone can still do things to you that you don't want; it can bomb your troops, it can ambush your planes ... it's all in how you use it.

Aircraft like hte MiG-21 are reasonably good point-defense fighters IF you have reasonable weapons and sensors/capability on-board.

They aren't mosters of conquest that bring everything with them like an F-15/16/18/22/35, but they can set up a reasonable defense with enough numbers and pilot skill. Yeah, you'll lose a bunch, but the advantage tends to be on the defender's side.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why make a target drone?

A playable Fishbed would make a perfect target drone for DCS:Falcon, wouldnt it? So why not?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aha! Next plane must be a Fishbed ;) :megalol:

:megalol:

• Like 1

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

If it's not already in I'd like better physics in the game, for example releasing bombs when you're upside down shouldn't make the bombs go through the aircraft's wings as if they weren't there.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

If it's not already in I'd like better physics in the game, for example releasing bombs when you're upside down shouldn't make the bombs go through the aircraft's wings as if they weren't there.

Why are you releasing bombs under neg g anyway? :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

......when you're upside down.....

Trust me - you do not want to be doing that :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'