DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

@Nate It is, a big one to me. Thanks for the help, the other solution that was told to me was to move the User folder. Of which i´m a bit wary, since i do not know how it would interfere with the copy protection.

So basically that symlinks would tell the system that the folder is still on C: while the actual folder might be on say.....D:? So the system thinks Users/Username is still on C: but in reality it is on D:? I´m sorry i´ve never heard of those symlinks before and i try to understand it.

So how would you do the whole procedure after the obligatory system backup?

Yeah you've got it, the system sees it as being on C: when it is actually on D: Note if you do this, only apply it to the DCS folder in the users folder, not the whole users folder.

As for how to do this, the link I gave originally should be enough to get you going.

eg. C:\mklink /D C:\Users\Ste x64\Saved Games\DCS Warthog D:\DCSUser Folder

Nate

Every time I've seen a dev/tester comment on that 'feature' of Black Shark, they've said it was a bug; which would explain why it's not implemented.

If the way Alt+C worked in Black Shark was a bug, it was a wonderful error. Put the same bug in A-10. :thumbup:

Asus P6T Deluxe - I7 960 - Win7 64 - 6 Gigs Kingston HyperX Memory DDR3/1800MHz - Kingston SSD (solid state drive) - Radeon HD 5870

I want nicer explosions!!!

Hello everyone, i just watched that

on youtube and i must say those explosions are much much nicer. Maby its just some after effects tuning i dont know. But i always thought that the explosions are pretty poor in dcs a10, exspecialy of structurs. So what so you think? Mabey someone could make a mode or something, that would be nice.

Nice explosions can be found HERE!

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Exploding tanks look like popcorn in the making indeed but what you need to realize is that ED has limited resources and does few of such improvements every year or so. Try to distract keep away your mind from explosions by studying the long awaited proper fog (without seethrough objects) and nicer sky.

screen110223173302.jpg

screen110224012146.jpg

17209886.jpg

Yeah you've got it, the system sees it as being on C: when it is actually on D: Note if you do this, only apply it to the DCS folder in the users folder, not the whole users folder.

As for how to do this, the link I gave originally should be enough to get you going.

eg. C:\mklink /D C:\Users\Ste x64\Saved Games\DCS Warthog D:\DCSUser Folder

Nate

Thanks Nate,

Just in case, what would happen if i do this to the whole users folder? So i just know the consequences, since it would give me some peace of mind if i could put the users folder off C:. So if i make a symlink for the whole users folder, it would make the sytem go SNAFU?

Clear skies and many happy landings

Wolve

Hello everyone, i just watched that
on youtube and i must say those explosions are much much nicer. Maby its just some after effects tuning i dont know. But i always thought that the explosions are pretty poor in dcs a10, exspecialy of structurs. So what so you think? Mabey someone could make a mode or something, that would be nice.

Yeah I have to admit that is some badass explosions .. but did you look at the rest of the sim? Pretty crappy looking compared to DCS A10..

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!

Thanks Nate,

Just in case, what would happen if i do this to the whole users folder? So i just know the consequences, since it would give me some peace of mind if i could put the users folder off C:. So if i make a symlink for the whole users folder, it would make the sytem go SNAFU?

Clear skies and many happy landings

Wolve

Theoretically nothing should happen, it should be transparent to the OS, just check that the Hard-Links survive a reboot. However, I don't see the need to Hard-link the whole Users folder, only the DCS Users folder.

Nate

Yeah I have to admit that is some badass explosions .. but did you look at the rest of the sim? Pretty crappy looking compared to DCS A10..

And that is DX-7<----

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

Theoretically nothing should happen, it should be transparent to the OS, just check that the Hard-Links survive a reboot. However, I don't see the need to Hard-link the whole Users folder, only the DCS Users folder.

Nate

Hmm i will make a full backup before i try that, if i try that. The idea behind hardlinking the users folder is that a lot of other games park their savegames there. And thanks for the info, half-knowledge gives one more trouble than not knowing. Because then you try without knowing the consequences!:music_whistling:

Still thinking about getting it now via d2Drive or wating for the box.......such a hard question...............on the other hand the boys will kill me if i get it know.............decisions, decisions.........:D

Maybe this has been suggested earlier but I haven't exactly read the 200 pages of this thread.

I'd like it if walking on the ground had a little more purpose, from what I know now it's more like an easter egg. But I mean if you managed to get back to a base you should be able to get a new aircraft without having to respawn.

And in multiplayer, they could add like a realism option to this, so that you couldn't respawn unless you died. But the guy walks really slow, so the ability to run would be great.

Also, more vehicles should be drivable, 'cause if you're trying to make your way back to base, what are the odds of finding an unguarded UAZ that you can steal? (Think I saw a simple edit somewhere that made all vehicles drivable, though IMO only the more basic ones should be permitted).

Another thing would be explosions. To me, the mk82 and mk84 explosions look the same size, and both pretty weak in comparison to videos of JDAMs on YouTube.

what are the odds of finding an unguarded UAZ that you can steal? (Think I saw a simple edit somewhere that made all vehicles drivable, though IMO only the more basic ones should be permitted).

Don't think there is such a mod, but in A-10C you can walk up to a UAZ and jump in it as an easter egg.

Don't think there is such a mod, but in A-10C you can walk up to a UAZ and jump in it as an easter egg.

Yeah the UAZ is the one I was referring to. But I saw a thread with a YouTube clip of a guy driving all kinds of vehicles, even a Bradley. And the way to edit that in was further down on the page. I'll link it if I find it.

EDIT: Found it. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=63509

Edited by Naxon

My ultimate wish would be an ultimate DCS, combining the best parts of the DCS series, ArmAII, and FSX's map. I know it's not possible at the moment, and won't be for a long time. But it could be very cool, especially if there was a dynamic campaign mode where a few players play it as an RTS, whilst others enter the unit of their choosing.

• 2 months later...

G940's ForceFeedBack is powerful.

If Force is adjusted to 100% or more with ControlPanel, the Trim is steady.

However, it is too strong for the control of the airframe.

Therefore, I am setting Force to 60%.

Therefore, I want you to be able to set usual Force and Force at the trim separately.

And, Please make 940's LED available. :)

• 2 months later...

SCUD and anothers SSM systems will be great!

Excelents targets for Hokums and Hogs...

A new theater.

North of South and Central America theater...

From Ecuador until Tropic of Cancer( if can extends until Florida, Lousiana, and Texas shore better)

From 80ºW and 40ºW..

If isn´t too much bigger for SIM engine.

This region has much diversity of terrain types..

Jungle, mountains, brazilian cerrado( will be great for steel beasts) and a lot of water for naval ops.

Bigests world players has heavy interests in area.

US, Russia and China.

The traditional europeans players UK, France and Netherlands

The South America Countries..

Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, French Guyana, Suriname, Guyana.

All Central America and Bahamas Countries

US and Mexico.

Edited by RodrigoMF_BR

SCUD and anothers SSM systems will be great!

Excelents targets for Hokums and Hogs...

A new theater.

North of South and Central America theater...

From Ecuador until Tropic of Cancer( if can extends until Florida, Lousiana, and Texas shore better)

From 80ºW and 40ºW..

If isn´t too much bigger for SIM engine.

This region has much diversity of terrain types..

Jungle, mountains, brazilian cerrado( will be great for steel beasts) and a lot of water for naval ops.

Bigests world players has heavy interests in area.

US, Russia and China.

The traditional europeans players UK, France and Netherlands

The South America Countries..

Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, French Guyana, Suriname, Guyana.

All Central America and Bahamas Countries

US and Mexico.

And a most important...

A very hot and very muggy weather who will be mission planning much more complicated.

Who very fast weather changes for the hotter sun to the torrencial rains.