DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

Needs the RAAF

Hi, I have four things I would love to have in DCS.

First. I would love it for Australia to be a country that has planes that we can fly in it.

Second. I Would like for the F/A-18F in the RAAF (that is not a typo (Royal Australian Air Force)).

Third. I would also like the F-16C with the USAF thunderbirds as a paint scheme.

Four. I would also like Australia to be included and to be a map we can fly in. Australia also need to have its army and air force and navy forces.

Please at least add Australia in DCS. Thank you.

Edited by Pelicanpilo3

I like Pi. :pilotfly:

Go the RAAF!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a little frivolous compared to some of the other stuff, but like a few others have said in this thread I would love an option for in-flight music. It just makes me believe so much more in whatever I'm doing, like I really am the good guy fighting to restore peace instead of just blowing up some units to complete a mission. When I figured out how to put music in IL-2 it was like a whole new game.

Right now I just have an MP3 player open in the background, but it doesn't correspond in any way to the sim unless I pause and Alt-Tab out, and I can't help but blame it for every little hiccup or slowdown.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

I want a windsock... How hard could it be???

Well, given the fact that smoke from destroyed targets and smoke from chimneys sometimes blow in different directions at the same location....................

(didn't check if that's still the case in World though)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Well, given the fact that smoke from destroyed targets and smoke from chimneys sometimes blow in different directions at the same location....................

(didn't check if that's still the case in World though)

Flightsim 2004 has one, and DCS world cannot get one 8 years later??? come on ;) :P :P

attachment.php?attachmentid=69173&stc=1&d=1276867461

Speed is life !!!

ED...take a look at this ocean shader.. imagine ships on that and then even better carrier landing with an AFM jet. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jMGYozyYq6s

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Two little things I think we need after putzing around with Combined Arms earlier today:

- Craters. I noticed certain civilian buildings will explode and explode, throwing "flares" into the air as whatever's inside them continues to burn, and they leave little craters all around their base, but artillery strikes, bombs, tank shells, etc. leave the landscape totally unmarred. Not sure if this was skipped for performance reasons, but FPSs have a long tradition of persistent bullet holes in walls, which makes me think there's a way to pull of a large number of those kind of decals. It's just a little thing, but it makes firing weapons seem less "cheap," since you can see you're actually ruining Farmer Oleg's crops, there. WWI is famous for its haunting artillery-scoured moonscapes, and if you could see one of those start to build up, it'd be good visual feedback for how effective your bombardment is. Would also be a good visual for destroying a runway - I'm sure you could recycle the ground handling logic for rough off-road terrain and it'd make them just as unusable.

- Burning smoke columns for crashed aircraft in addition to vehicles. A quick Google image search shows they definitely do smoke after a crash, but right now they just turn into a little puff of fire on the ground, which makes them seem like holograms or something, as opposed to the physical ground vehicles.

Something I noticed about the terrain damage decals that do exist, however, is some z-fighting as your perspective shifts. Probably a known issue, but just in case I thought I'd point it out.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

:idea:PLEASE ED I BEG OF YOU!

Get a simple, small, default icon default color default everything TICKER into the Updater, so it would not want to start DCS while I have a thousand webpages opened, or running 3Dmax because that's where the fun begins. Or at least I will have a choice.

Yes I know, I should not even take a breath while DCS is starting, but please, if possible, please make me a little "Run DCS after finishing update" ticker!

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Slowly, but I think surely, World and A10C 1.2.1.etc., are coming together and the little irritating bugs are going away one by one and it's becoming fun to fly again. But there's one thing missing that I loved on MSFSX and I wish was on DCS mods. That is where the location and condition of the plane is remembered so when you return to the game, the plane is where you left it and in the condition it was in when you left it. Maybe someday?

How about the ability to have real dynamic weather, just like FSX. Get information from an online server about the weather from the Caucasus. Imagine playing the same mission, with rain, or fog, or a clear day instead of the same weather every time. see if you guys can make some kind or arrangement with Jeppesen to pull information from their server. And if they don't have the Caucasus available, then pull the information from a specific city in the world, depending on what the mission designer decides.

And of course (and I'll never give up on this) AH64D apache!!! and revive the old Jane's days.

Houd

Rig:

- Intel Core i7-2600K CPU 3.40 GHz Sandy Bridge. - Thermaltake FRIO CPU cooling system. - 16 Gb. DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM memory. - NVIDIA GForce. 4 Gb DDR5 Video Card. - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5RX 7.1 Dolby Surround Audio Card and Creative 7.1 speakers system. - 1 Tb Solid State primary HD and 500 Gb backup HD. - Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case. - Cooler Master 850W power supply. - Xfinity 200 Mbps Internet. - Warthog HOTAS.

Helios like interface built in, it would load the cockpit for each whatever aircraft you are on, that way we don't have to switch profiles with helios so much or even lower fps since it would be a part of the game

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Let's see ... The P-51 is pretty new ... the UH-1 is pretty new ... both 'in this sim'. Have you had a chance to look at Combined Arms? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Has someone ever asked the B-2 bomber for AI ? would be much more cool to see these birds in the sky.

Would like the Durandal paveway bomb also. Better than Mk82 AIR

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

I wish for a more accurate modelled GBU 38.

With the options to:

- Select impact angle

- Select azimuth delivery angle

- Select fuzing (delayed, instant, airburst)

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel