DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

I would like to see better weather and cloud effects. Maybe when it rains there would be rain drops on the glass. How how about waves in the ocean.

The clouds in lock on are horrid. And a Harrier jump jet. Air Traffic control like in Open Falcon or MSX. Better explosions.

+1

S~

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

DCS Wish List

Well i wonder if will be there at DCS neutral coalitions/countrys/sides or whatever you want call.

Will be very useful for realism if you can put in the combat scenary some units who aren´t friend or enemy, something like if you doesn´t attack me i will not hurt you ..... :megalol::megalol:

Edited by EvilBivol-1

+ We should be able to create own custom/temporary "countries" using the mission editor only.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

x2 programers and workers in ED for 1/2 time to release modules. And thousands sales of BS ¡¡¡

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

- Very extensive statics of pilot and can exported to archive for use in virtual squadrons.

- Image adquisition of target based on image, not as a percentage of the enemy uncovered. Can block in the part of enemy uncovered and crosshair follow this section, no absolute middle of enemy vehicle.

- Dynamic campaing.

- Can know my altitud over water (actual water is flat color).

- Flying cows.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Good idea to make it a sticky!

Imrpoved Multiplayer-Support:

- Serverbrowser - preferably with ability to start private and open Chats or (Group-)IM

- Buddy-Lists and functionality to join server friends are playing on

- Squad-Functionalities (make up squads or groups and ability to join them - just like the "social groups"-functionality on this very forum)

- interactive mission planning (or at least a map capable of accepting notes and drawings and sharing them to others, e.g. in a group or squad)

- Dedicated Server + Config GUI

- Ingame Communications

- Predefined RadioCommands audible for other players

- Radio (e.g. Tower and Awacs) audible for all players tuned to these channels

- Share personal markings (noseart-like motives in preset positions - just small in size to share with other players while playing)

- Randomized mission-parts. E.g. secondary targets or AntiAir scattered beyond the flightpath and the target-area, to fill the missions with replayable life.

Dunno if this will already be possible in BS: Ability to add aircraft-skins instead of replacing them.

Oh, and while you're at it: A fully dynamic campaign like in Falcon4, please. :D

Edited by -Skipper-
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For a future edition of DCS: If there is to be naval combat (F/A-18C/Su-33/SH-60/Ka-27) then map sea floor and support submarines and ASW.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

DREAMS come true to have Apache co-op gunner and pilot...meaning that i have to have 2 copies of the game running in which one is flying the AH-64 APACHE, and another player as gunner in the same helicopter...

Kiowa Warrior as spotter sending data link and real time observation would be nice..

multiplied by more gun ships in co-op..so it would take 6 players in 3 apaches, i assume kiowa would be AI or lead helicopter directed....

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

my wish list- a release date. So far it looks good.

I like a lot of the ideas- like add on skins I don't kow if it's been implemnted but dynamic threat/detection zones which will show the max detection range bassed on the selected aircraft's type and altitude

Edited by upyr1

DX10 Shaders with Nvidia PhysX graphics with explosions. Creative Labs Fatality EAX with suround sounds capabilities.

My wish is for the ultimate eye candy with the best sound capability on the market. It's a wish list after all :D

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I wish the developers would outsource the making of skins to the community so that everyone would get the skin of their precious country on different aircraft and that might free up a couple of guys to work on the more important flight models and whatnot :)

Might be less of the “Make an uzbekzfinswedinland desert cornfield camo with candy stripes so I can pretend flying at home“ pleads as well :P

Very good ideas Skipper, I strongly support those!! :thumbup: I have been thinking about similar items, i.e. a central DCS management server hosted by Eagle (at least if they don't use Steam, similar to Hyperlobby) with a serverbrowser where you can announce your own public server, chat lobby, maybe a dedicated Teamspeak server integrated into that, and support for real time multiplayer briefings where you can annotate a map, discuss tactics etc (similar to the ATC software that's available for certain tactical shooters). This would be a blast and help to extend the community. And integration with the forums would be great as well (i.e. who is online, stats...)

Yes, that would be awesome. I'd like to repeat it: World In Conflict really has some breathtaking ideas in this area, especially in interaction between their own forum and the game itself. E.g. the Avatar you have in the forums is displayed on your units ingame!

Well, let's face it, one of the biggest point in modern games and about the longlivety for LockOn is it's multiplayer-part. And with the ability to use features of the Uplink capability, this may even be more true, though the aim currently is for coop-play. For the Apache- and Hind-modules, multiplayer will be even more interesting.

I got a couple of friends who don't want to fly themselves, but hopping as a gunner in my helo will motivate a lot of my friends to find the way in multiplayer-flightsims and I doubt that I am alone with this experience.

So one major goal should be to make multiplayer-games, settings and servers as easy accessable as possible, IMHO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Advanced infantry (no for use in shoot'um up, is for kill), can damage inside the vehicles, which can go in and out of vehicles and buildings. Having moral and suffering panic.

- Trees more realistics and have collision.

- DCS that the series can be completed, at least 8 titles announced. And hopefully have more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

• ED Team

Note that all posts that are not specifically listing a new wish list item will be removed so that this list will not become cluttered. The idea is to use this list as a reference for future projects. As such no "release black shark", "I agree with xxx", duplicate posts, and off topic posts will be allowed.

I would like to see support craft added to list of flyable aircraft. I think that adding craft like the AC130, C17, AWACS and other such aircraft would give depth to the simulation especially in multi-player games. I think it would also open these types of games up to those who would like to participate, but may not want to be in the think of the battles.

The above has been based loosely upon my own opinions. :pilotfly:

I'd like to see more flyable aircraft, even if they are older types such as Mig 27, SU 17, F4 Phantom or the Tornado. Also more maps; Korea, Bering Straits or Germany and USSR border for a possible cold war gone hot scenario.

The more objects, maps or planes we get, the more varied missions or campaigns will be. I think this maybe one of the reasons IL2 is still going strong, one only has to look in hypperlobby to see how many people are still playing it after all this time.

• Like 1