DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

First of all, awesome work, love the sim. Well done.

However, I still find it hard to believe in these days of home cockpits that you would release the sim with only single toggle keystrokes for two-position or multi-position switches when you know that people are going to want discrete on/off keystrokes to map to hardware switches. Please please include discrete options for every switch, the frustration of realising you started the mission with your switches in the "wrong" position and have to either restart or dig out the manual to remember the keystrokes to sync with your switches is incredible.

Also, a dedicated server.

Also, a separate mission editor that doesn't need to be licensed, so that I can create missions on my laptop when I'm away from my main sim rig.

Um I guess the ability to export ABRIS and Shkval screens to a networked PC would be awesome.

Oh, and collidable trees! What were you thinking?

Many many thanks I am otherwise in deep and possibly highly inappropriate love with this sim.

Edited by ruprecht

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Creating new mission, I detected one thing uncomfortable.

I add one helicopter, like that Ka-50, I set Client Player. If I want add more helicopters client to group, I can't do this. I've got to create other group for one client player.

It's very very uncomfortable...

Thank you.

It has nothing to do with me believing in ED. It has everything to do with knowing how computers work.

As I mentioned, the technology is already available. Running on today's computer.;)

Check this company out. http://www.viewterra.com/

vieWTerra Dynamic Weather

vieWTerra Dynamic Light

vieWTerra Over The Rockys

Edited by TheMoose
wrong link

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Currently, this should be possible through the scripts, but I don't know exactly how. Check the lua files in the \...\Scripts\World folder. In the future, ED would like to move toward implementing frequency assignments through the mission editor. In fact, the initial steps of this functionality may already be available in the first patch. No promises.

thank You very much for Your courtesy. I've already investigated, but nothing to report. I'll wait ...

antonio

As I mentioned, the technology is already available. Running on today's computer.;)

Oh and what impressive framerates ... now imagine adding a working cockpit and AI to all that. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Oh and what impressive framerates ... now imagine adding a working cockpit and AI to all that. ;)

Well I can imagine an engine that takes real advantages of quad core CPU or i7 processors. Maybe taking advantage of CUDA. I would think maybe the FPS might not be that bad… Anyhow, only the future will tell. Of course if no one builds it, then no one will ever know...

But I understand the limited resources of ED budget wise.

My point was that the technology is available now, does not require future Pc to run them. As for FPS wise, well maybe it’s time for an upgrade ;) (myself included)

Regards

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Here’s another wish for DCS, we have the ability of saving track files under single player, but when it comes to multiplayer, we now have to search through the temp files. My impression is, if the server has restriction like internal view only. I won’t be able to see that track. I tried multiple times and every time when I play the track from the replay menu. Well I only get MAP view…

Having the ability to save track files of MP sessions, including the ability of playback without the original restriction of the server that was recording on.

Anyone knows if LOTU will be upgraded with the usage of DCS? That was an awesome tool for LO, might consider bringing this type of feature inside the game itself.

Regards

Mouse cursor

Not really a bug or a problem, more like a suggestion.

Would it be possible, in the next patch, to make the mouse cursor become invisible after 1 or 2 secondes of innactivity. It's anoying, having to move the mouse to a corner in flight.

Tanks

-Templates for Static Objects in the ME!

You can manually fudge Static Object templates in the templates.bs file, but they do not really work in the ME beyond initial placement. (ie you cannot re-orient individual static objects, nor can you move the template once placed)

- Copy / clone waypoints in ME

ie. take a set of waypoints and "copy" them to another unit / group.

I would like to see access (read/write) to some of the rendering variables determining camera view. This would allow for custom camera views to be set up on different monitors. This includes variables for positions, angles, and fov (with ability to go to 180 deg or greater). This obviously would require more versitle multi-monitor support.

Make all Static Objects (Buildings specifically) in the Mission Editor neutral, at present anyone from the opposite side cannot land on an opposition airfield where an object has been placed, the AI diverts the aircraft to the farthest away airfield - Buildings do not 'take sides' and this feature inhibits scenery design work to the point where nobody will bother to try to creat better scenery.

Target Friendly Check. (Notice I'm not calling it IFF) The ability to call a FAC or overall battlefield commander and say, "I'm looking at or locking a vehicle in this location, is he outlaw?" Completely realistic. In fact probably more realistic than what we now have because no one is as really alone and unconnected on the real modern battlefield as pilots are in DCS.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

The ability to create trigger zones that are

anything but round! Even just adding the option

of Round or Rectangular will do!

i think circle zones are more natural. if you look

around you, you can establish a circle at a

distance.

what i don't know about is when the circle is at

one side of a mountain. does it trigger the other

side independent of visibility?

i think circle zones are more natural. if you look

around you, you can establish a circle at a

distance.

what i don't know about is when the circle is at

one side of a mountain. does it trigger the other

side independent of visibility?

That depends on what the trigger zone is for. If I want to create a corridor of airspace that the mission is to be flown in, how can I create a nice long rectangle with circles? Oh okay I could go and draw hundreds of trigger zones but then I have to assign a trigger to each zone.

Far easier to be able to draw a rectangle.

Circle zones are not more natural at all, take one look at an Aeronautical chart... Yes Danger Areas and typically ATZ are circular but not much else is....

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Need a 3D mission builder interface.

Yeah, and the ability to zoom in to the texture level, as in the IL-2 mission builder. As it is the "cartoon" looking map texture coupled with big boxes to represent the object being placed makes it tough to place small objects with any real accuracy without repeatedly test flying the mission to verify placement.

Edited by TX-EcoDragon

S! TX-EcoDragon

I thought it would be cool if in the future the DCS multiplayer could evolve to allow a player on each team become the battefield commander with the ability to direct air and ground assets, including other players. Have it so that there is an on going ground war with clear objectives and that players joining in progress could be assigned strike orders directly from the human commander. The multiplayer session could last for many hours with many players joining and leaving and there being a conclusion if or not ones ground forces reach their objectives. :)

Hey, a guy can dream right? ;)

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

A more diverse visual damage model for ground vehicles.

Somtimes, vehicles should explode like it is now, sometimes they should just burn or just smoke. And sometimes you shouldn't even see that it's dead already.

This is kind of a biggie, since the whole sim is about moving mud.

It would be nice to see some diverse effects, even more important is the effect of AP rounds on armor, as well as Vikhrs.

Tanks should be weak on top and in back as is in RL. Some hits should disable firing ability, if nothing else.

This might be lots of work, but just the MBTs would be fine to start.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Although relatively simple at this point, Black Shark already accounts for variable armor thickness levels around a vehicle.

One little touch I remember in Lomac was the turrent flying off in some cases---that I haven't seen yet.

TY for your clarification sir.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600