DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

Option for campaigns:

I'd like to see an option for adding a 'flown' tag next to missons in campaign stages. When a mission is flown it is flagged. If you have to fly another mission in that stage a mission you haven't already flown is automatically selected.

Alternate text outputs that can be presented to the player at the end of the mission depending on mission score/events. E.g. 'well done, you sufficiently degraded the enemies armour to help our forces advance - mission accomplished'.

For the AI:

- 'weapon check' command

- 'engage with...' command

Edited by McVittees
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Mouse cursor that dissapere after you leave the mouse alone for a seconde.

A possibility to place the units in 3D in the editor would be very handy.

A possibility to place map info on the Abriss in the editor. Like lines, and other usefull infos that you can do in flight.

If we could actually analyze our aircraft after mission it would make DCS even better. If we could look at the bird with an analyzer (ala mechanic function) where we could see what systems were damaged or degraded by the flight. This would be good especially for making a non-dynamic campaign more enjoyable because we could carry on the aircraft we flew the day before, therefore enheriting it problems and giving us a better battle experience. Because DCS sets a new standard with all of the equipment modeled we could see equipment fail (instruments, warning lights, or major systems) Especially on a battle front, birds break down and that being simulated would rock.

On top of that, I still believe a Marine Expenditionary unit would be the best US force to simulate in this region. (Cobras and AV8s) LCACS! (I was on the 15th so I am kinda partial to it) heh

You can analyze the flight afterwards with Tacview!

But you can't se exactly what systems have failed so it would be nice to have a log of every failure during the flight.

For example if the enemy hits me and the helicopter starts shaking until i crash.. I would like to look up afterwords exactly what he hit and what happened to my heli etc.

I was talking with a vietnam veteran last time, who use to fly on AC130 Gunship. This guy was telling me the tactic use to attack convoys on the Ho Chi Min trail.

First pass, shoot down first vehicle to stop convoys. Watch people evacuating vehicles.

Second pass, shoot down last vehicle to prevent others from retreating.

Third pass, kill everyone in and around convoy.

Do you guys think that such behavior could be reproduced in BS instead of having the rest of the convoy peacefully bypassing destroyed vehicles without stopping or trying evasive manoeuver. I would love too to see infantry evacuating vehicles.

I'd like to see internal (i.e. in-cockpit) damage effects: smoking, broken and smashed panels - the works! A blood effect if the piolet was injured would be nice and the possiblity for rounds to crack/splinter/etc cockpit windows (I haven't experienced this so I'm assuming it's not modeled).

Can you imagen trying to get the your bird down with one engine out, smoke from your smashed panels blinding you, blood spots in your eyes?...maybe going a bit to far now but you get the idea!:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Would also be cool, if the ships (like the Kirov-Class, Pjotr Velikij) would be added to the encyclopedia as Doomhawk said. But i think they should be remodeled too, the textures looks also horrible on the Kirov-Class one, and the deck of the CVN-70 carrier seems to be a bit empty would be cool to see some guys, vehicles and static planes and for example: all the wires and different things on deck they are almost invisible and that's not so pleasantly when your trying to land on deck. Also missile silos should open when launching a P-800 (or 900?) if these are silos...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Mission Scoring:

1) Group damage should be considered. I've noticed from the campaigns that a lead unit is chosen from the group and the destruction of that unit will determine a trigger, flag, score, etc, even if the rest of the group survived and completed their task. Conversely, all but one unit within a group can be destroyed yet the survival of that chosen unit made the destruction of the rest of the group irrelevant from a scoring or mission success perspective. Both cases are arbitrary. A mission designer should be able to consider damage to a group as sufficient to credit or fail the player. Damage to the group could either be the destruction of any one unit or half the units within the group.

2) In the debrief the player should be given his score as a breakdown of pluses and minuses. This allows him to learn from the mission without editing the mission apart and exposing hidden units just to learn where he went wrong.

Thanks,

Smokin' Hole

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Hi

Great simulation. My wishes:

- civilians, (3d / "sprite")

- variable rules of engagement

- movement of people -> spotting of movement

- affect of collateral damage / civilian loss to campaign

Can the civilian traffic be made dynamic (slightly)? I'm a bit sick of civilian Ural trucks pootling along through a hot battlefield - The impression I get is that in low intensity conflicts at least, the civilians have a 6th sense about where NOT to drive (in a conventional war you'd be in your cellar I presume lol).

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

- Frequency and Link-Number in score-screen.

- Playername shown in bold and/or on top of the list, but in team color.

- score awarded for landing!

- score awarded for killing targets

- score awarded for detecting target (Ability to set such goals for recon missions)

- score awarded for sending new targets via DLink

- score awarded for flying withing DLink-Range (teamwork-score)

- F2 view after touchdown, limited to own aircraft

- set default frequencies for DLink in MissionBuilder

- autokick for teamkillers (depending on negative score)

- ability to give score for certain achievements (e.g. safe platoon or bring wingman home = extra score)

- Logbook counting online stats!

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I have to disagree on DLink Freq display on score. There are more than a few idiots flying online. Sometimes it's best to agree on a discrete freq on TeamSpeak and keep it unique to the flight.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

I wish the door gunners on the Helo's worked.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I wish the marksmanship of all ground units got better as their AI rating increased. Even at EXCELLENT, the marksmanship shown by some tanks and missile shooters is atrocious.

Edited by Dusty Rhodes

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I wish Integrated Air Defense System were introduced like the one in Janes F-18. Give some teeth and coordination to the SAM and AAA units.

Dusty Rhodes

I can make units apprear using target zones, but I would like to make things disappear like a pilot you pick up during a CSAR mission.

Dusty Rhodes

I have to disagree on DLink Freq display on score. There are more than a few idiots flying online. Sometimes it's best to agree on a discrete freq on TeamSpeak and keep it unique to the flight.

A simple calculation does the job:

How many nerds are playing the game online and what damage is done by them linking up and messing up one number, against the number of players not connected via TeamSpeak and the negative effect this has on teamplay.

With an active admin, you can neutralize your point, but even with a dedicated TS-server listed in the briefing, you won't be able to get all players coordinated via VOIP.

@ Dusty Rhodes

I wish you'd use the edit-function or gather a list before posting. ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Probably already requested, but here goes anyway.

-Briefing pictures to be a higher resolution and zoom-able, many of the campaign mission maps are to hard to read (WPs being confused with TPs etc.)

-Briefing to be accessible for review after entering cockpit (Knee pad or something).

Not important but nice to see for the next engine - in cockpit shadow casting.

Nate

Probably already requested, but here goes anyway.

-Briefing pictures to be a higher resolution and zoom-able, many of the campaign mission maps are to hard to read (WPs being confused with TPs etc.)

-Briefing to be accessible for review after entering cockpit (Knee pad or something).

Not important but nice to see for the next engine - in cockpit shadow casting.

Nate

That is definitely needed. To have some information while in cockpit lets say at the pilot leg.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.