DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

Yes greece ordered the HIDAS missile warning system from BAE for their Apache's too. Fantastic system, Russians will get it in about 30 years from now :)

Surprisingly the Americans don't have it which is why they come in so fast and low and take out so many friendlies in the process.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

What do you mean "modified" ???

engines and other stuff.. like.

greece ordered the HIDAS missile warning system from BAE

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Wishlist

Dear Development Team,

When possible, please include the following in the next patch:

- Ground Shadows ON/ OFF

- Self-Shadowing on Helicopter ON/ OFF

- Self Shadowing inside the cockpit ON/ OFF

- Cloud Shadows without flickering horizons

- No flickering trees at edge of LOD

- No more transparent buildings and trees, pls make it work like LOMAC did with TekaTeka's VIS RNG MED mod.

Ground shadows kill my performance, self shadowing on heli doesn't, please make these two independent of each other and add cockpit shadows (like in Arma2 and FSX)

Thank You for Black Shark.

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

A few more wishes:

- Abrams should not have super armour, unlike t-80 or Leopard 2. It is highly unlikely that 2 vikhrs are always needed to destroy it.

- Radio commands should be made similar to, let's say Crysis quick menu where you choose armour etc., where you press one button (middle mouse button) and navigate through messages.

- All units should try to move when attacked. Currently, when heli attacks group of enemies (infantry, armour...) they are frozen and do not try to run away. You can slowly pick them apart from safe distance.

- non-controlable AI helis (Ka-50, Mi-24, Mi-28, Cobra, Apache) should, when they spot group of enemies, shoot more that one missile. Currently, they ALWAYS do this: hover at good firing position, fire one missile and go away, fly for a while, than attack the same group of enemies (with one missile), fly away etc.

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

A few more wishes:

- Abrams should not have super armour, unlike t-80 or Leopard 2. It is highly unlikely that 2 vikhrs are always needed to destroy it.

Source or take it back. ;)

Those 'in the know' disagree with you. The M-1's front armor is quite beefy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Doesn't matter what its purpose is; that's like saying the LAW's sole purpose and RPG-7 sole purpose is to take out tanks. They very very often fail.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

- non-controlable AI helis (Ka-50, Mi-24, Mi-28, Cobra, Apache) should, when they spot group of enemies, shoot more that one missile. Currently, they ALWAYS do this: hover at good firing position, fire one missile and go away, fly for a while, than attack the same group of enemies (with one missile), fly away etc.

I have seen quite the opposite; AI helis will often hover at a standoff position and lob missile after missile at enemy ground targets. Of course, enemy air activity and air defenses disrupt this behavior.

they're multi-purpose. from armouerd vehicles to infantry. They could probaly disable a tank.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Was re-connect ever added to wishlist?

Re-Connect option would be in multiplayer for when you lose connection (for whatever reason) it will automatically try to re-connect for you, if you check the option off before you run multiplayer. That way you don't have to leave the game and try to connect again..

thanx..

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Wish list:

An SDK or documentation to enable X52 Pro MFD or other external application visibility and/or control of Black Shark in-game parameters. (See IL2's DeviceLink.txt for a decent example).

I'm OK with limiting it to prevent abuse during multiplayer play, but give us something to play with single player!

[edit: just learned about export.lua. I think there's enough info to start playing, but it'd be nice to see it updated for Black Shark]

Edited by EinsteinEP

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

Source or take it back. ;)

Those 'in the know' disagree with you. The M-1's front armor is quite beefy.

It works both ways:

You proove me that in real life it is always needed to fire two vihkrs at any part of Abrams (even side) to destroy it, but only one to t-80 or Leopard 2.

Abrams, T-80, Leopard 2, Challenger 2 etc. armour is top secret,

and I am pretty sure that no real-life test were done (Vihkrs vs those tanks).

Also, If RPG-29 penetrated (in real life) Challenger 2 front armour, Vihkrs could too because it has more powerfulf warhead.

Note that I will not continue this conversation in this thread and only point out that my WISH was to have less exaggerated Abrams.

Another wish:

In missions with many ground units, it is difficult to view units with F7 (to find one that you are searching for); I wish that when F7 (or shift-F7) is pressed, you get a list of all ground units so you can easily pick one that you want to view.

Edited by goldfinger35

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

flying low level [thats under 300ft BTW] at warp speed on the desert map would be fun and great.

Might be a small detail, but I'd like to see the beam from Laser designators such as LITENING pods and other aircraft ground based laser designators to actually be visible when you are wearing NVGs.

It'd be nice to have a sim that actually moddeled this for once. A small thing I know, but if were going for maximum realism ;).

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Might be a small detail, but I'd like to see the beam from Laser designators such as LITENING pods and other aircraft ground based laser designators to actually be visible when you are wearing NVGs.

It'd be nice to have a sim that actually moddeled this for once. A small thing I know, but if were going for maximum realism ;).

Lasers from most target designation devices are not visible to night vision goggles. NVG's only see in wavelengths up to about 900 nanometers. The LITENING pod, for example, uses a laser wavelength of 1064 nanometers, as do most modern (western) laser designators. Nearly all IR-visible laser markers operate in the 650-850 nanometer range.

Cheat protection...

ScreenShot_015.jpg

Oh, and a feature to print mission-briefings from within the game.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Wohooo =)

:cheer3nc:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD