DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

I would like a slightly better multiplayer interface window:

1) Resizeable colums would be nice, right now the text overflows into other columns etc.

2) Favorites server list

3) Filters (ie filter out full servers/Arcade servers/Full realism etc.)

4) Friends list

Basically what I would like to see is something like gamespy or steam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

This will be a reality upon release of the DCS:Apache module.

I have been waiting for this since Longbow....can hardly wait.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

They need to improve the really poor suport for custom skins.

In this game is harder to get a skin in than make it.

How hard would it be to make an automatic installer that will instal the skin without having to use 4-5 programs and edit 4-5 files, to get something as simple as a skin in the game.

A skin viewer in game, like in LOMAC, would also save a lot of time.

I stil don't understand why skins are treated like "mods" in this games and have pretty much zero support from the Dev. team. the ability to instal a skin in the game (as long as it is in the right format and uses the right naming convention) should be part of the game and transparent to the user.

Ah. I forgot. How about being able to change the skin in multiplayer?

Edited by jawzzy

NZXT-Phantom820; Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master:Ryzen 3950x Corsair H150i;AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11G; 32GB(2x16)G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz(16-16-16-36); Aorus PCIe Gen4 m.2 NMVe 2TB SSD;Samsung EvoPlusM.2NMVe 1TB SSD;Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD: Coolermaster 1200W psu; CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45

Win10 64bit

My wishlist - a manual that just don't describe the knobs functions. I would like to have a manual as the one in Tornado, Longbow and Falcon 4.

A manual that teach how to use the sterile function described in the manual.

(Its like learning to program by reading: "the writeln function is used for print out text to the screen, and derives from ....". You won't be good programmer learning each function without understanding the concept! :) )

Like this:

Ka-50 attack tactics:

<list them>.

<explain them>.

<tutor them in how to execute them>.

Ka-50 defensive:

same as above...

and on and on... I think this manual is in parity with Janes F18 which also was poorer in quality then the rest. So, if i can wish i hope the online binder version comes with this stuff. If not i hope the next product gets that! :)

I think thats my only beef with the product for now!

My wishlist - a manual that just don't describe the knobs functions. I would like to have a manual as the one in Tornado, Longbow and Falcon 4.

A manual that teach how to use the sterile function described in the manual.

(Its like learning to program by reading: "the writeln function is used for print out text to the screen, and derives from ....". You won't be good programmer learning each function without understanding the concept! :) )

Like this:

Ka-50 attack tactics:

<list them>.

<explain them>.

<tutor them in how to execute them>.

Ka-50 defensive:

same as above...

and on and on... I think this manual is in parity with Janes F18 which also was poorer in quality then the rest. So, if i can wish i hope the online binder version comes with this stuff. If not i hope the next product gets that! :)

I think thats my only beef with the product for now!

I agree with you. The manual is not very bad, but it could be better. Some things are missing and others are bad explained. Subsystem like electrical syst. or hydraulic syst. are bad documented. I can't understand why Kh-25ML are completely missed.

Maybe some of them will be fixed in the extended manual, but some explanation of what are the consequences to push a button (and not the name label only) would be appreciated for next manuals.

Regards!!

Hi Smoky:)

The greatest, most immersive aspect of Falcon 4 (an otherewise very flawed product) is that I could contribute to an ongoing multi-player campaign that progressed over days, weeks, or months on an MP server. I came to CARE about the progress of the campaign even though my little contribution to it's outcome was statistically insignificant. I loved to find an available package and being briefed by the fight lead on my loadout, task, and potential threats. Returning to base after a succesful flight was imensely (sp?) satisfying.

I completely agree with you on this.

As a "study" sim, DCS doesn't need this to be great. But I think a strong DC

is necessary for longterm playability. This far truer with Black Shark than it was with the Flanker/LOMAC products because they had a strong H2H element that Helos lack. I see real limits to the long-term playability of MP co-op servers because the will require constant re-writing on the part of the server. As the newness of this sim wears off, I don't see this as sustainable without a dynamic campaign model -- wether incorperated within DCS or created by a third party.

in 2008 Nov ED fulfilled 2008 graphic combat sim which has true clickable cockpit with very complex avionics that other company havent reached before.

and finally we are able to grab it now and are able to play that level of flight combat sim today.

so, the more I think DCS as a "complex study sim", the more I feel sad that we cant play that in long-term because of mission system limit.

I mean, BS level of sim is too precious to give up as "just study sim" with limited mission system. ...dont you think?

I can't understand why Kh-25ML are completely missed.

Probably because the ka-50 doesn't carry the Kh-25ML IRL...

And since someone else mentioned two person cockpits for coop:

HOW ABOUT AN F-14?!?!? :harhar:

*runs and hides under a rock*

Because it CAN'T. The fact that it CAN in the game (I know I just contradicted myself, so what:harhar:) is just a little easter egg for you to screw around with in BS. Not something you would actually use and definitely not something used IRL. If this is a study sim depicting realistic procedures and behaviors then why document something that is completely unrealistic?

Because it CAN'T. The fact that it CAN in the game (I know I just contradicted myself, so what:harhar:) is just a little easter egg for you to screw around with in BS. Not something you would actually use and definitely not something used IRL. If this is a study sim depicting realistic procedures and behaviors then why document something that is completely unrealistic?

Sorry, but literature said Ka-50 CAN carry KH-25ML, and R-73 and Aphids also. Other question is if carrying this missile is a typical payload or not (obviously not). F/A-18 don't carry B-61 very often, but they can carry it, aren't they? ;)

Regards!!

• Enable particle effects as a graphics quality option (high/low/disable etc.). Some older graphics cards really can't handle particles very well; for example, my Nv8400 runs DCS at a steady 25 fps as long as i'm not causing any ground effect particle effects.
  • Automatically handle dual processor affinity. There is a huge performance boost for enabling multiple processors, but having to bring up task manager and manually changing affinity after starting DCS is a bit of a pain.
  • Allow high-quality cockpit textures as a seperate graphics setting, even when the texture setting is overall set to low. Labels within the cockpit are unreadable unless textures are set to medium, and even then some are still unreadable.
  • Optionally render the HUD on the first focal plane, so that detail isn't lost due to aliasing at lower resolutions. For example, finding a level roll angle is quite difficult sometimes, as the 'wings' of the aircraft on the hud are aliased to become near invisible.

The one aircraft I've been dieing to see modeled accurately over the years.... the Harrier.

I don't care what model of harrier it is... FS1/GR7 i just want to go VSTOL :D.

ED, any chance of this in the dim and distant future ;).

Edited by 159th_LoneWolf

Stop with the overt suggestions already ... stick with my subliminal one ... please check sig :D

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Due to it's pedigree and breeding, there's no question that the Tornado should precede the Harrier (sniffs) ... rather common airframe, while the Buc is from a by-gone era as is the Lightning.

Apart from that the ADV & Lighting are for the air-superiority types who enjoy lobbing exploding telegraph poles at each other in a weird undignified highly volatile kaber tossing tossers kind of way ...

Cheers!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

...Teapot I can't help but notice you made you sig font about 3x bigger lol, hopefully someone at ED will see ;)

Lol ... I hope it's not too big! It looks proportional on my end, however if you're saying what I think you're saying; ay, I hope ED will take note and produce some nice new Tornado's for us to fly.

It'd be a milestone in the combat flight simulation genre wouldn't you agree? Full circle from Digital Intergration's famous "Tornado" to Digital Combat Simulations "DCS Tornado".

Cheers! :thumbup: