DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

^^ if you think about what it is doing though, is re-populating all of the database fields with their default values...there is no other way to do this than to either keep the default values stored in memory (inefficient!) or to re-load them all..whioch is what the load is all about :)

Alternatively , If you want to continue on with the mission after a crash, you can enable "Crash Recover" in the gameplay options...this will enable a 3rd button called "RCVR" (next to "continue" and "Exit") , which if you click , will put you back at your starting point , with everything in your aircraft back to normal..however, the mission state will be exactly the same as it was.

^^ if you think about what it is doing though, is re-populating all of the database fields with their default values...

but reloading all the geometry, textures, audio, etc. is really needed? i know it must reset all mission values to default, but this can be loaded from the hard drive in seconds.

but i can live without it.

just a thought.

A sticky subject, but a dynamic campaign would bring the sim to life for me (Being a Falcon 4 player rather than a LOMAC player).

Edit: And solid trees that the enemy cannot see/target you through. ;)

Edited by CE_Mikemonster

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

- I'd like to see the UH-60 Black Hawk - Remember Longbow II where you had CSAR, supply, etc missions? Would really enjoy that again. Plus collision damage with trees, and proper scale with the trees also. There would be automatic AI to operate the mini-guns and warn you of inbounds/enemy positions/other issues of interest...

- A true dynamic campaign. Even if you fail the mission and restart, there'd be enough changes that you can't say to yourself "ok, there's a SA-9 missile launcher right over this next hill..."

- ground crew for your aircraft, plus the ability to start your mission in the briefing room, walk (or run) to your AC (in 3rd person), climb in, then the view reverts to 1st person with you seeing your avatar's hands and legs moving as required to flip switches, operate the controls etc.

My fist attempt in mission creation, the first thing I noticed, we cannot put armed speedboat on lakes or rivers :huh:. That blows my scenario out of the water…

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

- ground crew for your aircraft, plus the ability to start your mission in the briefing room, walk (or run) to your AC (in 3rd person), climb in, then the view reverts to 1st person with you seeing your avatar's hands and legs moving as required to flip switches, operate the controls etc.

that would be great:smilewink:

ED,

thank You very much for ka-50.

Really it's an exceptional and versatile sim.

I'm very gratified of it.

Can I assign univocal frequency at each FARP (that I've added into mission)?

Can I change default callsigns of airports?

If Y, what I do?

and if N, is't possible improve these features in the future?

Thank in advance for Your courtesy.

Best regards.

Please fix those unlimited ammo vehicles. I mean, 13 TOW´s in 4 Minutes, fired by one M2 Bradley??? :ranting:

And i´m sure, if I had´nt quit, it would firing till now.

scr090105194310nx8.jpg

Sorry to say that, but with the current status, BS is pretty useless as a Chopper-Fighting Simulation. Flying around and some sightseeing, YES thats Fun.

But fighting against an allseeing AI with unlimited and unstoppable Ammo. NO!! thats no fun at all.

Seems, there is a long way to go.

just my 2

Please fix those unlimited ammo vehicles. I mean, 13 TOW´s in 4 Minutes, fired by one M2 Bradley??? :ranting:

And i´m sure, if I had´nt quit, it would firing till now.

Sorry to say that, but with the current status, BS is pretty useless as a Chopper-Fighting Simulation. Flying around and some sightseeing, YES thats Fun.

But fighting against an allseeing AI with unlimited and unstoppable Ammo. NO!! thats no fun at all.

Seems, there is a long way to go.

just my 2

While I agree that the M2 should not be firing that many TOW, or that quickly. I disagree that the game is useless.

The M2A2 IIRC should only be able to carry a total of 7 missiles. And I would think the reloading time would be longer than 30sec.

The M2 carries only 2 ready rounds, after that it needs to be manually reloaded. ATGM reload time is something that should be looked at for all vehicles. Also the M2 can only launch TOWs from a standstill, but I guess this is something that needs to be looked at in relation with advanced fighting and targeting AI.

Another small bit that I think would be fairly easy would be tracers for tank rounds.

How about getting weather forecasts? Say, you call a special weather unit, or if that's too much to implement, add this to the tower requests.

Thanx..

:music_whistling:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

There is no unlimited ammo. In the release version, the Bradley has 2 ready missile, plus 14 in storage. In the patch, this was reduced to 2 ready missiles plus 5 in storage.
Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

There is no unlimited ammo. In the release version, the Bradley has 2 ready missile, plus 14 in storage. In the patch, this was reduced to 2 ready missiles plus 5 in storage.

coool :D im assuming that's how it is in real life? what about reloading time?

The trigger system I know is being worked on and I am sure we will see many new triggers coming out as time goes by. One trigger if I may refer to another game that was very handy was the radio call trigger in Operation Flash Point. This trigger is very useful for calling in support such as ARTY Smoke/fire on a specific area especially if it could be mapped in to the F10 Map mode or can be used by desinating the target area with the Ka 50 Lazer and using the radio command feature to call in the required support. Does anyone have any info on if this has been considered.

Cheers

BTW can the current airdefence (Optical Tracking & laser Range Finding) systems in BS see through Smoke like they do through trees? If we were to call in a smoke barrage on an airfield that was protected by MBT and AAA units that used laser and optical tracking could one move position under the cover of smoke to get a better target aqusition?

Nice to hear that.

Actually i have their storage reduced to 0 (expect the 2 loaded) because i didnt found the right setting for reload time.

Also i changed the maximum target altitude down to 40 m.

Reason:

1. setting minimum tgt alt to more than 1m isn´t practicable, because IFV´s don´t attack anything which moves lower than 1 m (LineofSight, not Terrain)

2. never heard of TOW-ing choppers. :D

So, hiding behind trees or in forests is still impossible, but now i can nearly sneak at treetop level towards enemy positions not fearing to get downed by an unstoppable wired guided missile.

Btw.

the gun settings i leave untouched, cause they seems to me pretty realistic.

I know that, but i never found any confirmation that the Hind´s were airborne when they get TOW´ed. If you have any reliable Source, i´m all ears.

Here's one:

Iranian AH-1J SeaCobras participated in air combat with Iraqi Mi-24s on several separate occasions during the Iran-Iraq War. The results of these engagements are disputed, in a document titled "AH-1W Air Combat Maneuver Training -- Why It Must Be Reinstated" in 1992 by Major R. M. Brady, it is cited that "Iranian AH-1Js engaged Iraqi MI-8 Hip and MI-24 Hind helicopters. Unclassified sources report that the Iranian AH-1 pilots achieved a 10:1 kill ratio over the Iraqi helicopter pilots during these engagements (1:5). Additionally, Iranian AH-1 and Iraqi fixed wing aircraft engagements also occurred." Others claim that in the entire 8-year conflict, 10 Iranian AH-1Js were lost in combat, compared to 6 Iraqi Mi-24.

2. never heard of TOW-ing choppers. :D...

I liked the world much more when it wasn't THIS acronym happy. I'll be reading a post on something, say the game "Knights of the Old Republic," and there will be so many acronyms that those who post there often obviously know them. For me, it is like trying to decipher another language.

If people use acronyms, I wish they would initially say what they're talking about, and then switch to the acronym. It would give that person reading the knowledge they need if they did not already have it. IIRC for "if I remember correctly?" What is wrong with actually typing (at least once, then switch to the acronym if it must be). The Internet has not only made people demand instantaneous fulfillment of their needs, it has also made them incredibly lazy (ergo, the overuse [extreme, unparalled, daunting and quite scary overuse] of acronyms).:cry:

I just had to vent and say it!

Edited by Sunjah
  • Like 1

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!