DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

I already brought that up a couple of times and I am pretty sure it is noted. But I guess it can't hurt:

Volume Fire, the primary technique in the US Army to engage air targets with visually aimed guns (such as rifles, machine guns and IFV autocannons).

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/44-8/ch5.htm

5-6. To engage aerial platforms effectively, you must follow some basic rules. The first rule to follow is to use a technique known as volume fire (Figure 5-1). [...] One of the most important points about volume fire is that once the lead distance is estimated, you must aim at the estimated aiming point and fire at that single point until the aircraft has flown past that point. Maintain the aiming point, not the lead distance. Once you start firing, do not adjust your weapon.

image218.gif

image220.gif

image219.gif

Go ahead and admit that you gave us a perfectly good CCIP pipper. No mention of it anywhere but it's there and is a great aid for dropping KGMU PTABs.

Smokin' Hole

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Go ahead and admit that you gave us a perfectly good CCIP pipper. No mention of it anywhere but it's there and is a great aid for dropping KGMU PTABs.

Sorry, it just took me a while to get clarification from ED about the bomb CCIP pipper. Indeed, it is not supposed to be there, but now that it is (programmers are people too and sometimes goof up), it will probably stay.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Sorry, it just took me a while to get clarification from ED about the bomb CCIP pipper. Indeed, it is not supposed to be there, but now that it is (programmers are people too and sometimes goof up), it will probably stay.

My wishlist item is that if its not supposed to be there, I would like the CCIP removed.

My wish as well. But my other wish is that participants on this forum wouldn't be so closed minded at times and, before ridiculing a participant, attempt to verify/dispute his claim by booting up DCS and flying. The manual isn't always right. Oh well, that's not what this thread is for.

I like the request for non-circular trigger zones. Also, just as wpts magically make their way from the editor to the ABRIS, why not have lines drawn by the player on the editor also migrate to the ABRIS?

Smokin' Hole

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

...Also, just as wpts magically make their way from the editor to the ABRIS, why not have lines drawn by the player on the editor also migrate to the ABRIS?

uhhhhh...nevermind:book:

Smokin' Hole

The ability to get in pit at a point in time earlier than mission start. For instance, let's say mission time is 12:00. At that moment the triggers begin, random units are generated, and bad guys start flying. Having a "T-minus" feature allows a pilot to set up the ABRIS, Modified TPs, Datalink Points and make other preparations as he sees fit before all the mission generated metal starts flying.

Smokin' Hole

Smokin' Hole

Oh, and I think it would be great if we could have some of the low fidelity aircraft from LockOn ported to DCS sooner rather than later to function as place holders but with limited clickable cockpits. No official campaigns/missions required. Just something to spice up the multiplayer. :joystick:

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

OK here's a simple one (maybe).

Could we get some small bridges as static objects?

Something which would allow vehicles to cross the mountain streams when offroad.

This could really ehance some missions: for example a column is coming dwon a mountain road. Pilot takes out bridge. Column stops. Pilot takes out vehicles. Third vehicle's death activates new column which is set to move offroad accross stream on bridge (also triggered to appear on death of third unit).

Alternately perhaps like we have "offroad" pehaps we could have an "over water" type way point for vehicles, for this same purpose.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Thought I may as well add my wishes / suggestions in this topic :)

- Multicore Support (if DCS wants to be future proof I would start focusing on at least quad-cores, instead of just dual cores, makes it easier for later engine updates)

- Intelligent AI(not ones that run into me on the runway ;) )

- Touchup the damage model (instead of just "blowing up" when you do something wrong I want to at least see the helicopter hit the ground and most of it being still together not just a big pile of flames)

- More realistic sounds (compared to the real aircraft where the sound is a bit off, and also when clicking on the switches not all make the same noise)

- More radio commands (such as maintenance options for a quick repair etc.)

- Ability to get in and out of the aircraft (self explanatory, I would like to get out of the aircraft and run around then going back in and flying again)

- Start the mission outside the aircraft (proberly won't happen, but I'd always love to start the mission outside the aircraft in a debriefing, one of my most wanted features a flight simulator has yet to implement)

These are mainly just wishes, but above all ED NEEDS to have better support for multi-core processors if it is to upgrade the engine, which it will.

- Multicore Support (if DCS wants to be future proof I would start focusing on at least quad-cores, instead of just dual cores, makes it easier for later engine updates)

- Intelligent AI(not ones that run into me on the runway ;) )

- Touchup the damage model (instead of just "blowing up" when you do something wrong I want to at least see the helicopter hit the ground and most of it being still together not just a big pile of flames)

- More realistic sounds (compared to the real aircraft where the sound is a bit off, and also when clicking on the switches not all make the same noise)

- More radio commands (such as maintenance options for a quick repair etc.)

I agree on these topics (getting out of the helo and walk around is not an priority for me) especially the multicore support.

Multicore is a must...

Imagine - 1st core - AI, 2nd core - physics, 3rd core - whatever else is needed, 4th core - example windows :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I would like the ability to activate a up to 5 triggers via the comms menu.

(allowing players to call in support/other action when they think they are ready, allowing for player error/intelligence when asking for said action)

I would like to see an ability to repair the Laser in the maintenance comms menu as an action to be chosen like refueling and changing armourment.

(would alleviate the need to respawn or wait for 3 minutes for a brand new aircraft in cold and dark state - and possible keep the boards clearer of whining.)

I'd like to see the laser repair issue stay as it is ... in reality you'd be taken out of action anyway or given a new bird ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I would like that if you release a printed manual for buying, it will have the database included. It become very tedious and uncomfortable to exit and enter the mission editor several times to see what it is each object that you can put on a mission. When you are not familiar with all the vehicles, ships and weapons, a good printed database for building missions becomes very very handy.

Edited by Lancelot

I would like that if you release a printed manual for buying, it will have the database included. It become very tedious and uncomfurtable to exit and enter the mission editor several to see what it is each object that you can put on a mission. When you are not familiar with all the vehicles, ships and weapons, a good printed database for building missions becomes very very handy.
The problem is that the AI "order of battle" is not set in stone. More units are continually being developed.

It would be a lot easier to create this database by the community and keep it up to date. Get 2 or 3 people and you can probably put it together within a day.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

What I wish for is more ground units types and infantry types.

Bridging tanks

M88 recovery tank

Towed atrillery

M55 and crew

M108 and crew

D 30 and crew

81/82mm Mortar and crew

120mm mortar and crew

Tanks berms

Trenchs for infantry

Infantry weapons

Tow

At 13

Tripod DShK for insurgents

Satelite view for F10 map

Edited by Kiwi68

The problem is that the AI "order of battle" is not set in stone. More units are continually being developed.

It would be a lot easier to create this database by the community and keep it up to date. Get 2 or 3 people and you can probably put it together within a day.

I haven't looked in to it, but would it be possible to extract the images of the units within the encyclopedia and from that make a list, its hard work to place every unit in the mission editor and take screenshots manually for every unit?