DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

Nooooo the Sea Harrier FA2!

fa2-2.jpg

Single seat, Look down/Shoot down radar, AMRAAMs (ripple fireable), Sidewinders, LGB's, VTOL (and VIFFing!), Carrier Ops, Anti-Ship missions..

Go on, shoot me down lol

The hind would be good fun for a few missions, but don't you think a bit stale compared to the KA-50?

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Well DCS Black Shark got me addicted to the helicopter flying... I''m not even going to buy any DCS packages that has airplanes :) MI-24 and AH-64 would be amazing addition, but the release of Hind is going to be a long wait...

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5472_1.gif[/sIGPIC]:joystick:

Win 10 | i5-6600K | 16GB DDR4 RAM | MSI Radeon RX480 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek X52

Zeus Gaming Community

ED has to solve the "2 seater" problem first. I wonder how they'll pull of the singleplayer aspect of the two seaters in AH-64 module. IRL gunner and pilot communicate simultaneously, I don't think it's gonna work with "order menu".

By the way, I don't think this is(Mi-24) gonna happen in near future :) They're already working on F-16, F-15, A-10 and AH-64 and there'll be Russian aircraft as well. I'd say wait a good 5-6 years untill the modules are complete and maybe they'll consider the Mi depending on DCS' success.

Whatever ED makes, i ´ll buy it. Well A-10 is a must have.

I would be glad to have even that c -130 they´re working on for USAF.

I think there is a bright future with DCS.

My opinion is that after a-10 there will be a longer break because we will get a new engine, maybe a semi DC campaign.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Whatever ED makes, i ´ll buy it. Well A-10 is a must have.

I would be glad to have even that c -130 they´re working on for USAF.

Well, some AC-130 variants could be fun...

But as you say, whatever ED makes... I'm sure it will be a well thought out decision, and well executed. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Feature request for patch

Is it possible to have some sort of rewind function built into the track replay?

A scrub bar would be nice, but failing that (and even if a scrub bar was implimented it would be nice to have this anyway) a key to rewind like you can fast forward etc.

I hope I am not the only one who thinks this would be a good idea...maybe even Glowing might find it usefull! :D

• Like 1

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible to have some sort of rewind function built into the track replay?

A scrub bar would be nice, but failing that (and even if a scrub bar was implimented it would be nice to have this anyway) a key to rewind like you can fast forward etc.

I hope I am not the only one who thinks this would be a good idea...maybe even Glowing might find it usefull! :D

+5 :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Hello everyone, I saw that Black Shark, during night flights, even with the moon the night is too dark, so the NVG does not amplify very well!

I am a military pilot and fly with the an / avs 9 (anvis9). My NVG are the 3rd generation as the OVN-1 in this game and I think that the OVN-1 present in game amplify too light. there would be 2 solutions: increase a little the brightness of the night, or increase the amplification of the NVG OVN-1.

someone could develop this mod?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I already mentioned this in your other thread, but the OVN-1 is second generation and that the AN/AVS-9 is about two times better at light amplification than the OVN-1.

Not sure if you are old enough to have flown with AN/PVS-5, but those were horrible and are about the same performance of the OVN-1 (According to my research, anyway, I must admit that I've never used the OVN-1 goggles).

A better wish list item would be to improve the NVG's in general. As it currently stands, I don't think differences in ambient light affect the goggles as much as they should, and the focal point is not modeled correctly for sure, but for the most part I do think they are modeled well (better than any other game on the market).

Edited by AlphaOneSix

in-game leg strap clipboard for checklists with editable content like the one in "falcon 4.0 allied force”.

God yes this. As far as I know there is no way to check mission times/objectives without either writing them down beforehand or exiting the game and checking (not really an option).

Nthing the Dynamic Campaign system as well.

Nooooo the Sea Harrier FA2!

fa2-2.jpg

Single seat, Look down/Shoot down radar, AMRAAMs (ripple fireable), Sidewinders, LGB's, VTOL (and VIFFing!), Carrier Ops, Anti-Ship missions..

Go on, shoot me down lol

The hind would be good fun for a few missions, but don't you think a bit stale compared to the KA-50?

indeed :)

I wish that missiles in DCS behave more realisticaly and not flying allways in a straight line from launcher to the target, but calculating its speed and heading they should try to intercept it.

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish that missiles in DCS behave more realisticaly and not flying allways in a straight line from launcher to the target, but calculating its speed and heading they should try to intercept it.

What missiles are you talking about? The stingers for example always fly a lead pursuit, AFAIK. Once the lead pursuit course is established, it too is a straight line ideally.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

What missiles are you talking about? The stingers for example always fly a lead pursuit, AFAIK. Once the lead pursuit course is established, it too is a straight line ideally.

The optimal trajectory shaping guidance minimizes the chanse of near miss in case of target moving with high speed or intense maneuvering. A guidance system takes data from the missile's tracking system and flight system and computes a flight path for the missile designed to intercept the target. It produces commands for the flight system. Calculations of an interception path are somewhat complex operations thats why in some modern Sam systems (S-300, Patriot...) they are not executed by the missile itself but the flight path is datalinked to the missile. Check this general description of the process: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track-via-missile

Yet this type of optimization of flight path and the best intercepting trajectory is not used by SAMs only, but by Air to Air missiles as well, mostly radar guided.

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wouldn't say it's the best for interception - may be good for making missiles cheap, and defeating some ECM.

You can datalink a homing missile and program it with special paths too - withness weapons like the PAC-3.

However, as far as SAMs go in DCS, I think they will eventually get improved. There's various trajectories used but the reason for using a particular one tends to be classified, aside from the obvious.

The optimal trajectory shaping guidance minimizes the chanse of near miss in case of target moving with high speed or intense maneuvering. A guidance system takes data from the missile's tracking system and flight system and computes a flight path for the missile designed to intercept the target. It produces commands for the flight system. Calculations of an interception path are somewhat complex operations thats why in some modern Sam systems (S-300, Patriot...) they are not executed by the missile itself but the flight path is datalinked to the missile. Check this general description of the process: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track-via-missile

Yet this type of optimization of flight path and the best intercepting trajectory is not used by SAMs only, but by Air to Air missiles as well, mostly radar guided.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda