DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

I wish for Apache with ability to have 2 players flying in the same aircraft, I wish for 2 choppers,2 ground attack planes (I.e. Frogfoot and warthog).

[sIGPIC]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/16th_Relic/16th-sig.jpg[/sIGPIC]

AMD 965BE, 8GB RAM, ATI5750, Track IR4,TM MFD's, CH FS,PT,PP

"You can take my CH setup when you pry it from my dead, cold hands..."

I think the ability for the server to force clients join with a specified network speed would be nice for smooth multiplayer gaming.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Invisible FARP pads that are on ground level and adjust to terrain slope. Can be used to build custom FARPs for example in industrial areas, on parking lots, in soccer stadions etc. Can also be used to simulate field landings for transport helos etc.

Should be a fairly quick object to create, basically a blank model and some config magic to reduce landing spots of existing FARPs from 4 to 1.

• Like 1

I wish for the release of the third party development tools. If that ever happens the quality and variety of this sim will increase ten fold. Competition breeds quality and with the tools needed this sim could go on to be one of the highest rated, best selling modern air warfare sims ever produced. If not, this sim will see stagnant, restricted growth.

In short, this sim and the community need a stimulus package.:P

Max

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

my wishes for patches:

bring back the native betty option from LOMAC

implement all non-classified systems on the KA-50

fix the server browser

dedi server please

satellite view in the editor

implement new vehicles and models along with new kinds of infantry in to the sim (snipers, sf, spetznaz, seals, you get the idea)

allow amphibious vehicles such as LAVs to truly be amphibious in the game

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

My personal wish-list:

1. Bug-fixes to multi-monitor implementation so that messages, comms menu etc appear on the correct screen.

2. Make more items displayable on other monitors in the same manner as the ABRIS and Shkval. Particularly the nav keypad and display, Datalink keypad, EKRAN display, CMS display, weapons status display, radio frequencies/channels and each group of warning/caution/status lights.

3. Expand the list of variables which are exportable via lua to enable everything in the cockpit to be replicated i.e. the status/position/value of every needle, flag, display and light. If this has an impact on fps then allow an "export rate" to be defined for each variable to reduce the number of calculations and bandwidth. For example, you're going to want pitch and roll data for your ADI to be exported every frame to ensure it's smooth, but it doesn't matter if your gear lights lag a bit so you might want to set the rate of the gear status variables to export only once per second instead of every frame.

4. Create a simple multi-monitor setup GUI which would display a picture of all your monitors and allow the user to position the camera(s)/ABRIS/Shkval etc by dragging them to the appropriate screen and resizing them as they like. This would then generate the required monitor setup file and make the necessary modifications to options.lua automatically.

Cheers,

DD

P.S. There seems to be a bug with the keyboard command for "PVI Set Fixtaking Method" (RCTRL+V by default). No matter what key is assigned to this function it has no effect and can only be activated by clicking in the VC.

Reviewing a track I noticed that the AI artiliary is firing on friendly ground forces. At best, this wouldn't happen. At least, if an AI force fires upon friendly forces the logic should reflect that RL forces would be on the radio screaming to cease, so in sim, after 1 shot near a friendly the AI should stop firing immediately.

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now that the manual is coming out.

Development tools plus documentation (wiki?) and maybe open sourcing some parts like the mission editor. This will allow the community to add value to the whole DCS line and allow DCS to focus on the core engine and aircraft.

DCS two Suggests!!!

I have two Suggests:

1.add A-A weapon for ka-50 (R-73)

2.add two plyaer two set plane(like MI-24V ah64a/d F16*2plyaer)

Edited by Acedy
removed stars (?)

my BUG FIX request for patch 1.01

hello. here is my bug fix request for upcoming patch 1.01:

SOUND

1. sound issues (the most annoying thing in Blackshark)

threads:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=38656

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35273

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=38621

GRAPHICS

2. affinity issue (the game should use both CPU cores by default)

3. graphic engine issue - online playing degrades framerate. I'm having many more fps in offline game than in multiplayer, on the same maps and graphics settings. longer playing - less fps. bug known from LockOn/Flaming Cliffs. and this is NOT my hardware problem

4. flares reduce framerate too much

5. known black line on the ground

CONTROLLS

6. collective can be set from axis commands only (it takes days to find it). should be avaliable from everywhere!

7. to press "save profile" or "load profile" button, need to click on the key cell. otherwise these functions are inactive: http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=launcher200903091932556.jpg

8. sometimes after game instalation (or after loading my own configs), the axis commands in controlls are partially empty: http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=launcher200903091859062.jpg or empty at all: http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=launcher200903091928482.jpg, so I cannot bind axis for my joystick.

9. can't bind modifiers (like control or alt keys) f.e. I would like to have "zoom in normal" on Ctrl key. this is now impossible :/

ONLINE BROWSER

10. can't segregate servers by ping, number of players, how much time left etc.

11. server names and pings are shown only after pressing NEW SEARCH button

12. if the server is full and i try to join, it says "server has been shut down"

13. sometimes can't join the game from spectator, even though there are some free slots left

14. sometimes connecting to the server takes very long (up to a few minutes)

ONLINE GAMING

15. lagging and jumping aicraft

SERVER REQUEST

16. there is no decent official ED server for everyone (like EA official servers in World in Conflict or US Army servers in America's Army game), so we all can get together and play against eachothers. I mean player vs player mode (something like confrontation 8x8 map). for the moment DCS online is dead imo. just a few servers and half of them password protected or empty... it doesn't look promising for the game and it's popularity.

I think these bugs really need to be fixed as soon as possible, because some of them makes Blackshark unplayble.

Edited by funkee

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64

btw this is a BUG LIST, not a wish list, and I don't understand why my post was moved here. anyway, I hope that things will be fixed in the upcoming 1.0.1 patch...

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64

1/ Global Map

2/ F-16, F/A-18 C/D/E/F/G, F-14D, F-15C

3/ Ship Combat simulator addon like DW

4/ Tank addon like SB

5/ FPS addon like Arma

6/ Dynamic Weather or Real weather plug in like FSX

7/ Dynamic Campaign

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

and a new rolls royce in your garage (you forgot) ;)

system specs:

bugs or wishes, whatever. I'm not gonna fight about it. I just know that fixing these things would make the game much better.

system specs:

After only having played the game for some days now, there are some things that I feel that are missing:

1) Pilot Log: should contain a distinction between dying and POW or MIA and such. Now when I eject, I'm always reported as dead. To me this doesn't make sense. When I successfully eject, I did not die. :cry:

How about a number of crashes (instead of deaths) with added to that the result for my pilot (dead, missing in action, POW, etc.)?

2) Option to use a second monitor (any resolution) to project a screen of choice onto (shkval or abris), where it retains the aspect ratio of the original screen. The way it is now one can only use multiple monitors when the desktop can be stretched over multiple monitors and then the abris looks awefully scewed. Best would be to make them both undockable screens that can be dragged to another monitor. :D

3) Make the usage of new skins easier.

Right now it is too much of a hassle to add a new skin. Wouldn't it be possible to make a simple tool that just adds a new skin and allows one to select it for missions, campaigns, etc? Also one that would allow us to keep using them with new patches and such.

4) Instant Action: give us a simple config screen in which we can select the number of wingmans, number and type of threats and weather. That would give us some flexibility as to how we would like to try out things instead of forcing us to design a whole mission for this purpose.

Those would be the things that I would like to see in a future upgrade/patch.

Still having a blast with the game though, great job you guys did there. :thumbup:

second monitor...

2) Option to use a second monitor (any resolution) to project a screen of choice onto (shkval or abris)...

you have such option in Blackshark's options/system/monitors menu and you can set up to 3 cameras.

system specs:

Would it be possible for the game to save MP missions when you connect to one that you do not have in your MP folder?

It is possible now. All tracks of MP games are recorded automatically into Temp folder. Rename the tracks (*.trk) to *.miz and you will have missions files.

• Like 1

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.