DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

• 3 months later...

ED...check out the following video for IL2 BOS. I know the new aircraft have decent damage modelling in DCS, but the ground vehicles and static objects are lacking a lot in this department. You need to add some nice particle fx...some metal scraps or pieces of turrets etc when a vehicle blows up...or some procedural damage (recalculated) or a damage system like havok for buildings / bridges etc.

Pq66zJ9k82A

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• 2 weeks later...

better FPS performance for med to low end pcs users, by having other aircraft lod setting in graphics options, its crippling frame rates in game atm the big textures and high details.

multiplayer this mainly happens when masses of aircraft or on airfield.

Lod settings

high med low in user GUI

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, guys!

I got a feature request for the DCS world: is more countries like Hungary, Poland, Germany, ect. added into the DCS world as well as Georgia and Russia to fly to more places. Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

+Balkan region would be nice too... :pilotfly::joystick:

• 4 months later...
A PFM or AFM Cessna 152 and 172sp version.

How are we gonna have fun with it? :(

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

You do know there's the model viewer which you can load up models and skins out of the game right?.

There is ?

Where can I find said "model viewer" ?

BTW - I don't know about seeing Paint Schemes etc ... but it would be great if there was a Small 3D Viewer in the Mission Editor (like a miniature Google Earth Applet) where we could actually see the placement of "items/objects" we place in a mission/map.

This would make Mission Editing MUCH faster and easier because we could see how things are oriented in relation to each other ... and the spacing of objects etc.

Currently, we have to Load the Mission and Fly to that location ... only to find things have to be repositioned (for example). This is a giant pain which has kept me from creating any really good missions. It's too time consuming simply placing things .. never mind getting them to do what you want when you want ... which doesn't work worth a dang if they aren't were you need or want them to begin with.

That said ... if there is already some way to do what I have just asked for ... Someone Please Inform Me !!

SnowTiger:joystick:

There is ?

Where can I find said "model viewer" ?

In the DCS directory, bin\ModelViewer.exe. Like the game itself, the working directory needs to be set to the base DCS install directory. Easiest way is to create a shortcut to the ModelViewer.exe somewhere convenient (e.g. your desktop), and modify the properties to set the working directory to the DCS install dir.

Once you've got it running, to view a model: File -> Load model... browse to Bazar\World\Shapes in your DCS install directory, and select the .edm file to load (e.g. a-10.edm for the A-10C). Hey presto, there's an A-10 with the default skin. Left-click and drag the viewing window to rotate, right-click and drag to zoom. To view different liveries, View -> Dialogs -> Show Liveries Dialog, select the appropriate object in the left side, the livery you want to see in the right side, and click Load Livery at the bottom. If I recall correctly, you can hit 'load livery' again after replacing the texture files to view the new textures, which is really handy if you're creating or editing skins.

Currently, we have to Load the Mission and Fly to that location ... only to find things have to be repositioned (for example).
Much easier to hit F10 for the map, select a ground vehicle you want to look at (or near the terrain you want to look at), then hit F7 for the ground vehicle orbit camera. Then Ctrl+11 will put you into the free camera so you can roam around. Might need to enable external views and allow the f10 map to show all units in the options menu.

This is a giant pain which has kept me from creating any really good missions. It's too time consuming simply placing things .. never mind getting them to do what you want when you want ... which doesn't work worth a dang if they aren't were you need or want them to begin with.

That said ... if there is already some way to do what I have just asked for ... Someone Please Inform Me !!

Also you can look at DCS Witchcraft. Once set up, you can run your mission, then use a web browser to change the position of objects in real-time. Once you're happy, you can download an updated version of your mission file with the new positions of your units, and resuming editing from there. There's a tutorial video here.

Also, DCS World 2.0 allegedly will combine the UI and game into a single exe, so hopefully we might see 3D previews of skins/loadouts and such one day. Perhaps even in-game terrain shown in the editor. One can hope. :)

Edited by nomdeplume

Wow .. okay. Thanks very much nomdeplume.

This is excellent information to be aware of and your reply is clear and concise. Even I can follow it.

Thanks again.

PS> Unfortunately, the LINK to the Tutorial Video does not appear to be working (at least for me !).

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 1 month later...